LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
 [ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Daniel Missaki cut loose

Author Message
Offline  Daniel Missaki cut loose
#1

Posted: September 19, 2018, 10:17 AM Post
Posts: 604
22-year-old Daniel Missaki was cut loose amidst ongoing health problems. McCalvy notes that Missaki — who came to the org as part of the 2015 Adam Lind swap — has yet to return to game action after undergoing a second Tommy John procedure in advance of the 2016 campaign.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#2

Posted: September 19, 2018, 10:19 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10234
This just sets him up to play a key role in the Cardinals' 2020 playoff push.

Seriously, though, this does suck for the young man. Just could never get healthy. It's a bummer to lose a job/livelihood this way.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#3

Posted: October 24, 2018, 1:31 PM Post
Posts: 4217
ewitkows said:
22-year-old Daniel Missaki was cut loose amidst ongoing health problems. McCalvy notes that Missaki — who came to the org as part of the 2015 Adam Lind swap — has yet to return to game action after undergoing a second Tommy John procedure in advance of the 2016 campaign.



That's the same trade that netted us Peralta, correct?

Little more than a lottery ticket at that point....similar to when we traded Banda to the D-backs along with one of the most underrated corner OF'ers in the game. In fact, 3 of the top 5 89 win Mariners were former Brewers(Segura and Cruz being the other two).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#4

Posted: October 29, 2018, 7:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1911
Yes, it was Misssaki, Herrera and Peralta.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#5

Posted: February 26, 2020, 10:58 PM Post
Posts: 22
Location: Dubuque, IA
Side note here, Missaki is once again pitching for Team Brazil in their quest to qualify for the 2021 World Baseball Classic and will be on the mound in March during the qualifying tournament. Maybe we will see him back in affiliated ball at some point in the future. I was always high on Missaki and was very disappointed when the Brewers cut ties with him due to his ongoing health problems.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#6

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:09 AM Post
Posts: 5032
ARobsBrewCrew said:
Side note here, Missaki is once again pitching for Team Brazil in their quest to qualify for the 2021 World Baseball Classic and will be on the mound in March during the qualifying tournament. Maybe we will see him back in affiliated ball at some point in the future. I was always high on Missaki and was very disappointed when the Brewers cut ties with him due to his ongoing health problems.


Maybe he can be persuaded to return to the Crew...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#7

Posted: February 27, 2020, 2:43 AM Post
Posts: 22
Location: Dubuque, IA
clancyphile said:
ARobsBrewCrew said:
Side note here, Missaki is once again pitching for Team Brazil in their quest to qualify for the 2021 World Baseball Classic and will be on the mound in March during the qualifying tournament. Maybe we will see him back in affiliated ball at some point in the future. I was always high on Missaki and was very disappointed when the Brewers cut ties with him due to his ongoing health problems.


Maybe he can be persuaded to return to the Crew...


Still only 23 years old, I would love to see him back in the organization at some point. The injury history and the fact that he has not pitched competitively since 2015 are huge question marks but it would make for an amazing story. Brewers have given second chances in the past, such as Karsen Lindell (released and then resigned after time with Driveline Baseball) and Trever Morrison (retired and then decided to attempt a comeback).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Daniel Missaki cut loose
#8

Posted: February 27, 2020, 10:40 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10109
Never say never I Guess


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test