LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Minor League Options Remaining Thread

Offline  Re: Minor League Options Remaining Thread

Posted: February 28, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
I saw the same thing the other day and wondered the same thing. Maybe there is a different rule about how the 4th option is used? I would have thought that all options would be treated the same and he'd need to be down in minors for 20 days.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 01, 2019, 7:41 AM Post
I don't think it really matters whether Guerra has an option or not. I don't see him going down to AAA at any point this year. I think he stands a really good shot of taking off as a shut-down leverage multi-inning reliever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 01, 2019, 8:31 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Fourth Minor League Option

Most players get only three minor league options, but a player who has accrued less than five "full seasons" is eligible for a 4th minor league option.

For the purpose of determining eligibility for a 4th minor league option, a player accrues a "full season" when he spends at least 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs in a given season, or (in seasons prior to 2012) spends at least 60 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days or (beginning with the 2012 season) spends at least 30 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days.

If a player qualifies for a 4th minor league option year, the 4th option is available during Spring Training and for the entire MLB regular season.

Guerra now has more than five full seasons in affiliated pro ball - the 4th option is gone.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Minor League Options Remaining Thread

Posted: March 01, 2019, 9:06 AM Post
Mass Haas said:
Fourth Minor League Option

Most players get only three minor league options, but a player who has accrued less than five "full seasons" is eligible for a 4th minor league option.

For the purpose of determining eligibility for a 4th minor league option, a player accrues a "full season" when he spends at least 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs in a given season, or (in seasons prior to 2012) spends at least 60 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days or (beginning with the 2012 season) spends at least 30 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days.

If a player qualifies for a 4th minor league option year, the 4th option is available during Spring Training and for the entire MLB regular season.

Guerra now has more than five full seasons in affiliated pro ball - the 4th option is gone.

Also looks like the 4th option can only be used during the year that they received the 4th option and that it can’t be carried over to the next season. Good to know, thanks!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 7:30 AM Post
Thanks for the info, Mass Haas, I have removed Guerra's 4th option.

Also, with the first round of Spring Training cuts, I have removed all 2018-related notes about options burned.

Marcos Diplan, Trey Supak, and Aaron Wilkerson have all been optioned to Minor League camp, and will each burn an option 20 days into the regular season (which I have marked as 4/16/19).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 13, 2019, 8:55 AM Post
Update: Mauricio Dubon, Troy Stokes Jr. and Tyrone Taylor have been optioned to minor-league camp.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 17, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Update: Jacob Nottingham has been optioned to minor-league camp.

Adrian Houser was also, but as was established on this thread, he will burn that 4th option regardless this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 22, 2019, 12:52 PM Post
Update: Cory Spangenberg and Tyler Saladino have been optioned to minor-league camp.

Added Alex Wilson to the pitchers list, will update later with the corresponding 40-man move (if necessary, they may just move Bobby Wahl to the 60-day DL). As far as I can tell, Wilson has no more options remaining, but it wouldn't really matter because he has more than 5 years of service time and would have to approve being sent to the Minors anyways.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 25, 2019, 7:24 AM Post
Update: Erik Kratz has been removed after his trade to the San Francisco Giants.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 3:36 PM Post
Update: Jake Petricka has been optioned.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 10:30 AM Post
Update: Donnie Hart has been claimed from the Orioles and placed on the 40-man roster (Wahl moved to 60-day IL to make room).

He was optioned during spring training before he was DFA'd, so I'm not entirely sure how the days work for when he's kind of in no man's land between teams, but for now I'll assume that he'll burn his 3rd and final option on the same day all other players will who were optioned during ST.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
Update:

Taylor Williams has been optioned to AAA. He will burn his 3rd and final option if he spends 20 days in the Minors.

Jack Petricka was recalled before burning his 2nd option. If he spends another 10 days in the minors this year, he would burn an option. Alternatively, if he spends 15 days in the Majors, he can't be sent to the Minors without his permission.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 14, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
Update:

David Freitas has been acquired from the Mariners. His MLB page is a bit confusing and I can't tell if he has any options left.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:29 AM Post

Roster Guru
his 2017 transactions listed on mlb.com are a bit puzzling. a player cannot be recalled unless his contract is selected first. there's nothing from 2017 that shows he was added to the 40-man roster prior to making the braves' 25-man roster on 30 august 2017.

from what i can see on mlb.com, he should just be about to burn his second option in 2019.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:33 PM Post
djoctagone said:
his 2017 transactions listed on mlb.com are a bit puzzling. a player cannot be recalled unless his contract is selected first. there's nothing from 2017 that shows he was added to the 40-man roster prior to making the braves' 25-man roster on 30 august 2017.

from what i can see on mlb.com, he should just be about to burn his second option in 2019.

I think I'm just going to have to assume that the first recall was really when his contract was selected, which means he has thus far only burned one option in 2018 and, like you said, is about to burn his 2nd option for 2019.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 16, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
Update:

Freddy Peralta to the IL. Jake Petricka optioned back to the Minors. Petricka is right on that line of about to lose his next option, but also getting very close to 5 years of MLB service time, so the Brewers are clearly trying to maintain flexibility with him as long as possible.

Jeffress has been activated from the IL, and Aaron Wilkerson has been recalled from AAA. I believe Wilkerson has not burned his 2019 option yet (I believe he would if he'd spent the rest of the day in AAA), but he will if he's optioned again at any point this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
Update:

A whole bunch of minor leaguers burned their 2019 option officially today since they have been optioned for 20 days.

Numbers have been adjusted, with a new note to indicate that a player has burned an option this year, so for example if a player has "0" next to their name, that means they are out of options this year and can't be optioned in 2019. If they have "0-", it means they burned their final option in 2019 and are still able to be optioned for the remainder of the 2019 season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 11:54 AM Post
Update:

Alex Wilson placed on paternity list (congrats, Alex).

Petricka has been recalled to take his place. His line here is getting harder and harder to maintain as he nears two possible threshholds for the year, but it should get easier in the next few weeks as he reaches one or the other (or both, possibly).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 19, 2019, 11:40 AM Post
Update:

No official word yet, but seems like Corbin Burnes and Jake Petricka have been optioned. Donnie Hart has been recalled from AAA and Alex Wilson has been reinstated from the paternity list.

Petricka continues to be the toughest line to maintain in this thread, as he is 9 days away from burning his 2019 option but also only a few days away from 5 years of MLB service time. Something's gotta give soon...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 23, 2019, 9:06 AM Post
Update:

Guerra placed on bereavement leave, Hart optioned to AAA.

Petricka and Houser recalled.

Also, Chase Anderson has reached 5 years of service time and can no longer be optioned to the Minor Leagues without his consent.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test