LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Minor League Options Remaining Thread

Offline  Re: Minor League Options Remaining Thread

Posted: February 28, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
I saw the same thing the other day and wondered the same thing. Maybe there is a different rule about how the 4th option is used? I would have thought that all options would be treated the same and he'd need to be down in minors for 20 days.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Minor League Options Remaining Thread

Posted: March 01, 2019, 7:41 AM Post
I don't think it really matters whether Guerra has an option or not. I don't see him going down to AAA at any point this year. I think he stands a really good shot of taking off as a shut-down leverage multi-inning reliever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 01, 2019, 8:31 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Fourth Minor League Option

Most players get only three minor league options, but a player who has accrued less than five "full seasons" is eligible for a 4th minor league option.

For the purpose of determining eligibility for a 4th minor league option, a player accrues a "full season" when he spends at least 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs in a given season, or (in seasons prior to 2012) spends at least 60 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days or (beginning with the 2012 season) spends at least 30 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days.

If a player qualifies for a 4th minor league option year, the 4th option is available during Spring Training and for the entire MLB regular season.

Guerra now has more than five full seasons in affiliated pro ball - the 4th option is gone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 01, 2019, 9:06 AM Post
Mass Haas said:
Fourth Minor League Option

Most players get only three minor league options, but a player who has accrued less than five "full seasons" is eligible for a 4th minor league option.

For the purpose of determining eligibility for a 4th minor league option, a player accrues a "full season" when he spends at least 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs in a given season, or (in seasons prior to 2012) spends at least 60 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days or (beginning with the 2012 season) spends at least 30 days but less than 90 days on the Active List of an MLB and/or minor league club or clubs followed by an Injured List assignment where the combined time spent on the Active List and the Injured List equals at least 90 days.

If a player qualifies for a 4th minor league option year, the 4th option is available during Spring Training and for the entire MLB regular season.

Guerra now has more than five full seasons in affiliated pro ball - the 4th option is gone.

Also looks like the 4th option can only be used during the year that they received the 4th option and that it can’t be carried over to the next season. Good to know, thanks!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 7:30 AM Post
Thanks for the info, Mass Haas, I have removed Guerra's 4th option.

Also, with the first round of Spring Training cuts, I have removed all 2018-related notes about options burned.

Marcos Diplan, Trey Supak, and Aaron Wilkerson have all been optioned to Minor League camp, and will each burn an option 20 days into the regular season (which I have marked as 4/16/19).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 13, 2019, 8:55 AM Post
Update: Mauricio Dubon, Troy Stokes Jr. and Tyrone Taylor have been optioned to minor-league camp.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 17, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Update: Jacob Nottingham has been optioned to minor-league camp.

Adrian Houser was also, but as was established on this thread, he will burn that 4th option regardless this year.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test