LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers

Author Message
Offline  Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#1

Posted: March 29, 2019, 5:11 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
We will begin to see some formal minor league roster announcements soon. The formal announcement will come directly from the Sky Sox, not the Brewers. All four minor league affiliates will likely send out their press releases within an hour or so of each other once the Brewers have given them the official go-ahead to do so.

Opening Night is Thursday 4/4!

NOTE: Last season, the affiliates released their rosters on Tuesday AM, just two days prior)

Feel free to link to any formal notices you see here.

Often we learn via farmhand tweets, who has been assigned where, prior to the formal affiliate announcements. We'll link to any of those posts in this thread as they come out.

As you might know, we use the "Your 2019" threads to post and link to feature stories that are outside the scope of game activity covered in the Daily Link Report.

These threads have become among the most popular for viewing here, and we look forward to kicking them off formally.

Please don't speculate here at this time, this is an anxious time for many on the farm, and unfortunately we're also likely going to learn about more player releases in the next few days, in addition to those players excited about their assignments.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#2

Posted: March 30, 2019, 6:06 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
TWEET: Wes Wilson to Biloxi


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#3

Posted: March 31, 2019, 7:37 AM Post
Posts: 8
Location: Pensacola, FL
Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#4

Posted: April 01, 2019, 11:49 AM Post
Posts: 802
Roster here

https://www.milb.com/san-antonio/news/m ... -305835386

Full Roster:

Pitchers (14): RHP Luke Barker, RHP Johan Belisario, RHP Alec Bettinger, LHP Daniel Brown, RHP Marcos Diplan, RHP Mattino Diplan, RHP Nate Griep, RHP Thomas Jankins, RHP Aaron Kurcz, LHP Angel Perdomo, RHP Tyler Spurlin, RHP Trey Supak, RHP Braden Webb, RHP Devin Williams.

Catchers (3): Alexander Alvarez, Max McDowell, Robbie Rojas

Infielders (6): Blake Allemand, Luis Aviles Jr., Bruce Caldwell, C.J. Hinojosa, Patrick Leonard, Weston Wilson

Outfielders (4) : Trent Grisham, Cooper Hummel, Michael O'Neill, Dillon Thomas


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#5

Posted: April 01, 2019, 5:27 PM Post
Posts: 2333
Really hopin for fast starts from Webb and perdomo, crew might could use one or other sometime after super 2.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#6

Posted: April 01, 2019, 9:39 PM Post
Posts: 2182
Good rotation but Grisham, McDowell, Wilson, Aviles Jr are only bats I really follow much

Webb, Supek, Diplan, Williams, Perdomo, Jankins gives some high quality arms to start


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#7

Posted: April 01, 2019, 9:43 PM Post
Posts: 410
Brew crew 92 said:
Really hopin for fast starts from Webb and perdomo, crew might could use one or other sometime after super 2.


Given the way the Brewers often shuttle relievers up and down I doubt super 2 is even a consideration, especially with Perdomo. While both are intriguing, I think they'd probably have to leapfrog Houser, Brown, Petricka, Fields, Sanchez and possibly Olczak at least in the pecking order, plus possibly one of the current starters if Nelson takes one of those spots.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#8

Posted: April 02, 2019, 12:05 PM Post
Posts: 2333
CheeseheadInQC said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Really hopin for fast starts from Webb and perdomo, crew might could use one or other sometime after super 2.


Given the way the Brewers often shuttle relievers up and down I doubt super 2 is even a consideration, especially with Perdomo. While both are intriguing, I think they'd probably have to leapfrog Houser, Brown, Petricka, Fields, Sanchez and possibly Olczak at least in the pecking order, plus possibly one of the current starters if Nelson takes one of those spots.


Perdomo is my sleeper pick to be called up, left handers that throw mid to upper 90s can do some leapfrogging.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#9

Posted: April 02, 2019, 3:23 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
Feature on LHP Daniel Brown, a 2018 Arizona Fall Leaguer

***

VIDEO REPORT via WLOX: Plenty of quotes within the 02:30 minute view

***

VIDEO REPORT via WXXV: More from Media Day, and learn the planned starting rotation to open the 2019 season


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#10

Posted: April 02, 2019, 5:22 PM Post
Posts: 2182
Brew crew 92 said:
CheeseheadInQC said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Really hopin for fast starts from Webb and perdomo, crew might could use one or other sometime after super 2.


Given the way the Brewers often shuttle relievers up and down I doubt super 2 is even a consideration, especially with Perdomo. While both are intriguing, I think they'd probably have to leapfrog Houser, Brown, Petricka, Fields, Sanchez and possibly Olczak at least in the pecking order, plus possibly one of the current starters if Nelson takes one of those spots.


Perdomo is my sleeper pick to be called up, left handers that throw mid to upper 90s can do some leapfrogging.


Velocity is nice but need production & openings QTC I thought shoulda got a look last year prior to Sept. Tommy John. Dominant lefty bullpen arm but with Hader & Jennings staying healthy. Never got a look. Claudio & Hader are the two this year to block a Perdomo I’d think. Not many times teams like to have 3 lefties


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#11

Posted: April 02, 2019, 8:26 PM Post
Posts: 4469
YoungGeezy1 said:
Good rotation but Grisham, McDowell, Wilson, Aviles Jr are only bats I really follow much

Webb, Supek, Diplan, Williams, Perdomo, Jankins gives some high quality arms to start


I like Hummel as a possible Mickey Tettleton type - like Tettleton, a switch hitter playing C/OF/1B.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#12

Posted: April 03, 2019, 5:05 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8044
clancyphile said:
YoungGeezy1 said:
Good rotation but Grisham, McDowell, Wilson, Aviles Jr are only bats I really follow much

Webb, Supek, Diplan, Williams, Perdomo, Jankins gives some high quality arms to start


I like Hummel as a possible Mickey Tettleton type - like Tettleton, a switch hitter playing C/OF/1B.


Did Hummel catch last year? At all?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#13

Posted: April 03, 2019, 9:57 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
Biloxi Pitching Allows One Hit In 15-1 Exhibition Win
Luis Aviles Jr. Clubs Homer As Shuckers Get Ready For Season Opener


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#14

Posted: April 03, 2019, 11:48 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
Mass Haas said:
Biloxi Pitching Allows One Hit In 15-1 Exhibition Win
Luis Aviles Jr. Clubs Homer As Shuckers Get Ready For Season Opener


VIDEO via WXXV: Game highlights, including Luis Aviles' three-run HR

VIDEO via WLOX: A bit more from the game


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#15

Posted: April 03, 2019, 11:56 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
VIDEO via the Shuckers: Actually, here's your definitive exhibition game highlight package, goes beyond the first inning


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#16

Posted: April 03, 2019, 12:22 PM Post
Posts: 4469
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
clancyphile said:
YoungGeezy1 said:
Good rotation but Grisham, McDowell, Wilson, Aviles Jr are only bats I really follow much

Webb, Supek, Diplan, Williams, Perdomo, Jankins gives some high quality arms to start


I like Hummel as a possible Mickey Tettleton type - like Tettleton, a switch hitter playing C/OF/1B.


Did Hummel catch last year? At all?


8 games, 7 starts.

Total is 80 games, 76 starts from 2016-2018.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#17

Posted: April 04, 2019, 3:38 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
VIDEO Feature via WXXV: Versatile Blake Allemand discusses switch-hitting


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#18

Posted: April 04, 2019, 3:48 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
VIDEO via WXXV: Voice of the Shuckers Garrett Greene with the season preview


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#19

Posted: April 04, 2019, 3:56 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
Mass Haas said:
VIDEO via WXXV: Voice of the Shuckers Garrett Greene with the season preview


VIDEO via WLOX: Garrett continues his preview day with another interview


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2019 Biloxi Shuckers
#20

Posted: April 05, 2019, 2:12 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54042
VIDEO via WLOX: Grisham taking a different approach into second year with Shuckers

Encouraging report for sure...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DHonks, TigerUppercut and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test