LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

[ 5 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Nathan Kirby

Offline  Nathan Kirby

Posted: April 02, 2019, 2:09 AM Post
Can anyone offer up anything about what's going on with him? Last I heard he was pitching in the fall instructional league last year after extended ST'ing last year.

I didn't see him on a roster to start the year. He seems like he basically went through what Taylor Williams went through and then some. Still, curious where a former potential #1 overall pick with the upside to be an ace(again, at one time) who I heard sporadic reports on is. I realize at this point he's not really a significant prospect any longer, but still curious.

Also, Drew Rasmussen. What's the deal with him. Love that the Brewers take shots with guys like these. Guys with the huge upside. Is he throwing yet? IIRC, he was picked by us last year, but had undergone a second TJ surgery, so he was sitting out all year last year.

Appreciate any updates.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Nathan Kirby

Posted: April 02, 2019, 10:04 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
They were both throwing in spring training, but both have been sent to the Rocky Mountain roster to begin the season. From what little I've heard, Rasmussen should be back on a full season active roster before Kirby. When they are ready, Rasmussen is likely headed to Wisconsin, Kirby to Biloxi.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2019, 6:25 AM Post
And That said:
They were both throwing in spring training, but both have been sent to the Rocky Mountain roster to begin the season. From what little I've heard, Rasmussen should be back on a full season active roster before Kirby. When they are ready, Rasmussen is likely headed to Wisconsin, Kirby to Biloxi.

Well that's good, right? Both guys have had elbow issues, not shoulder issues if memory serves, so getting back to 100 pct health isn't as far fetched as it'd be if they'd had continued shoulder issues(though I could be wrong on that with Kirby).

Two guys who were elite college arms back in the system this year. Maybe they just convert to relievers and actually end up doing something for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 10:43 AM Post
Rasmussen has now pitched for Wisconsin and done pretty good. I have not seen anything about Kirby yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 7:40 PM Post
Mr Southpaw said:
Rasmussen has now pitched for Wisconsin and done pretty good. I have not seen anything about Kirby yet.

I saw he threw well. It's been a long time for Kirby. I wonder how long he's gonna keep going if he doesn't see results soon.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 5 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test