LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 246 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Minor League Transaction Thread

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 13, 2019, 7:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1753
Mass Haas said:
RHP Corbin Burnes from San Antonio to Biloxi


I was for shutting him down completely, but this has some merit. Get him a non-juiced ball to throw, a pitcher's league, Bob Milacki is either doing something right down there or just about every pitcher coincidentally has had a lot of success, either of which might be good for him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 13, 2019, 7:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10004
maybe Milacki should get the major league job come 2020


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 15, 2019, 3:15 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
At Carolina, promising RHP Noah Zavolas hits the injured list, retroactive to 8/14, hopefully just a way to control innings.

2018 innings: 38.2

2019 innings to date: 133


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 15, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
Posts: 7
Jake Cousins promoted from AZL Blue to Wisconsin. Nationals released the 20th round pitcher after 2 low-MILB seasons, so it’s the Brewers that give him his first shot in Class A. He’s already 25 and immediately becomes the oldest player on Timber Rattlers. Let’s hope his 2019 success at lower and independent levels continues.

Scott Sunitsch promoted from Wisconsin to High-A Carolina. Great opportunity for lefty starting pitcher.

Noah Zavolas placed on Carolina’s injured list. Hopefully it’s nothing serious, but he’s the third starting pitcher to go on the IL (with Ashby, Webb).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 15, 2019, 5:35 PM Post
Posts: 1928
Joe Alexander
@JoeAlexander210
·
11m
Saw a player I didn't recognize taking infield at third base and BP with San Antonio Missions at Wolff Stadium. Guessing it's Jung Ho Kang. @missionsmilb
@brewers
#missionsmilb #MissionsBaseball #samissions #Brewers #brewcrew #thisismycrew


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 12:10 AM Post
Posts: 765
Brewcrewin07 said:
Joe Alexander
@JoeAlexander210
·
11m
Saw a player I didn't recognize taking infield at third base and BP with San Antonio Missions at Wolff Stadium. Guessing it's Jung Ho Kang. @missionsmilb
@brewers
#missionsmilb #MissionsBaseball #samissions #Brewers #brewcrew #thisismycrew


[sad]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 12:59 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2609
Mass Haas said:
At Carolina, promising RHP Noah Zavolas hits the injured list, retroactive to 8/14, hopefully just a way to control innings.

2018 innings: 38.2

2019 innings to date: 133


Zavolas did also throw 70 IP at Harvard in 2018, so his workload increase isn't too extreme.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 7:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 83
damuelle said:
Jake Cousins promoted from AZL Blue to Wisconsin. Nationals released the 20th round pitcher after 2 low-MILB seasons, so it’s the Brewers that give him his first shot in Class A. He’s already 25 and immediately becomes the oldest player on Timber Rattlers. Let’s hope his 2019 success at lower and independent levels continues.


Fun Fact: Jake Cousins is the cousin of Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/second-cousins-nationals-draft-kirk-cousinss-cousin-jake-cousins-20th-round


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 1:15 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
Biloxi Press Release: Stats at the link.

Infielder Luis Aviles Jr. has been activated from the injured list, while catcher Robie Rojas has been transferred to the Rocky Mountain Vibes.

***

Paper roster for Rojas.

Free Robie.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 1:19 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
damuelle said:
Scott Sunitsch promoted from Wisconsin to High-A Carolina. Great opportunity for lefty starting pitcher.

Noah Zavolas placed on Carolina’s injured list. Hopefully it’s nothing serious, but he’s the third starting pitcher to go on the IL (with Ashby, Webb).


The Carolina press release also includes news on OF Zach Clark and RHP Wuilder Rodriguez.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 4:01 PM Post
Posts: 589
Location: Milwaukee
zagski6 said:
damuelle said:
Jake Cousins promoted from AZL Blue to Wisconsin. Nationals released the 20th round pitcher after 2 low-MILB seasons, so it’s the Brewers that give him his first shot in Class A. He’s already 25 and immediately becomes the oldest player on Timber Rattlers. Let’s hope his 2019 success at lower and independent levels continues.


Fun Fact: Jake Cousins is the cousin of Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/second-cousins-nationals-draft-kirk-cousinss-cousin-jake-cousins-20th-round
So they are the Cousins cousins?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 6:07 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
From Thursday's Link Report, Maryvale portion:

Mass Haas said:
LHP Franklin Hernandez (37th round, 2018) made his season debut with two scoreless innings, good for him. Don't believe we know what held him back in 2019.


Just remembered, Hernandez is back from a PED suspension, so the transaction is activation from the Restricted List:

Adam McCalvy tweet details - August 24, 2018

***

Two members of the DSL Brewers have been brought stateside to Maryvale's Blue Squad --

Only 18 years old, Panamanian RHP Ariel Vega debuted very late in 2018 with two DSL appearances.

RHP Junior Montero, a Dominican native who turns 21 in September yet is still a rookie pro, and he made his stateside debut Thursday: 3 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 0 K

AZL Rangers Top of the 4th

Pitching Change: Junior Montero replaces Jhoan Cruz.
Osleivis Basabe flies out to center fielder Arbert Cipion.
Injury Delay.
Defensive switch from left field to center field for Reidy Mercado.

(This was the Arbert Cipion departure we highlighted in Friday's Link Report.)

Defensive Substitution: YongKang Kou replaces center fielder Arbert Cipion, batting 2nd, playing left field.
Heriberto Hernandez grounds out, third baseman Luis Silva to first baseman Kevin Hardin.
Randy Florentino flies out to left fielder YongKang Kou.

AZL Rangers Top of the 5th

Yenci Pena singles on a line drive to center fielder Reidy Mercado.
Keyber Rodriguez singles on a line drive to center fielder Reidy Mercado. Yenci Pena to 2nd.
Angel Aponte grounds into an unassisted double play, third baseman Luis Silva to first baseman Kevin Hardin. Yenci Pena out at 3rd. Keyber Rodriguez to 2nd. Angel Aponte out at 1st.
Stanley Martinez singles on a ground ball to center fielder Reidy Mercado. Keyber Rodriguez scores. Stanley Martinez to 2nd. Stanley Martinez advances to 2nd, on a throwing error by center fielder Reidy Mercado.
William Jeffry grounds out, shortstop Jackie Urbaez to first baseman Kevin Hardin.

AZL Rangers Top of the 6th

Cody Freeman grounds out, third baseman Luis Silva to first baseman Kevin Hardin.
Osleivis Basabe flies out to center fielder Reidy Mercado.
Offensive Substitution: Pinch-hitter Zion Bannster replaces Heriberto Hernandez.
Zion Bannster singles on a ground ball to second baseman Danny Casals.
Randy Florentino singles on a ground ball to right fielder Anderson Melendez. Zion Bannster to 2nd.
Yenci Pena grounds into a force out, fielded by third baseman Luis Silva. Zion Bannster out at 3rd.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 6:21 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
The Brewers have signed, we'll call him IF/OF, Carlos Moreno, a 20-year-old Dominican native and RH-bat who was released by the Yankees after his rookie season of 2018.

Moreno primarily saw action as a corner infielder last year, but made his DSL Brewers debut in left field today (Friday 8/16 box score, 1-for-3, two K's)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 6:58 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
RHP Carlos Herrera, who turns 22 in October, has been placed on the 60-day IL, ending his season.

Herrera, acquired alongside Freddy Peralta in the Adam Lind deal with Seattle, will end up with only one appearance in 2019, a rough one-third of an inning appearance in this rehab game in Maryvale on July 8th.

No official word on the nature of his apparently pretty serious injury.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 7:33 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
At San Antonio --

RHP Miguel Sanchez activated from the 7-day IL after a two-week stay.

Catcher Tuffy Gosewisch to the Vibes' paper roster (again).

The rumored signing of first baseman Tyler Austin, the 27-year-old former big league Yankee, Twin, and Giant, became official.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2019, 7:36 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
One catch-up move:

Biloxi All-Star 1B Patrick Leonard is on the IL, retroactive to 8/9.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
Posts: 1113
ClosetBrewerFan said:
zagski6 said:
damuelle said:
Jake Cousins promoted from AZL Blue to Wisconsin. Nationals released the 20th round pitcher after 2 low-MILB seasons, so it’s the Brewers that give him his first shot in Class A. He’s already 25 and immediately becomes the oldest player on Timber Rattlers. Let’s hope his 2019 success at lower and independent levels continues.


Fun Fact: Jake Cousins is the cousin of Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/second-cousins-nationals-draft-kirk-cousinss-cousin-jake-cousins-20th-round
So they are the Cousins cousins?

And do the Cousin cousins own the Cousins shop?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2019, 4:09 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
Via Wisconsin's Media Notes:

OF Leugim Castillo transferred from Wisconsin to Carolina
RHP Reese Olson transferred from Wisconsin to Rocky Mountain
IF Connor McVey activated from Wisconsin’s IL
RHP Freisis Adames transferred from Rocky Mountain to Wisconsin

***

The Olson move, like the Adames move before it, of the paper variety.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2019, 4:18 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54103
Mass Haas said:
From Thursday's Link Report, Maryvale portion:

Mass Haas said:
LHP Franklin Hernandez (37th round, 2018) made his season debut with two scoreless innings, good for him. Don't believe we know what held him back in 2019.


Just remembered, Hernandez is back from a PED suspension, so the transaction is activation from the Restricted List:

Adam McCalvy tweet details - August 24, 2018


And after that one appearance, Hernandez has been transferred to Rocky Mountain.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 18, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
Posts: 589
Location: Milwaukee
The LG promotion is hardly warranted. I guess they needed an OF at Carolina to replace Z. Clark. On the positive side, LG (499 OPS) is only having a slightly poorer season that Clark (502 OPS). So I guess there is that. Surprised they did not callup Dillard who is having a good season. Maybe they don't want to rush him. L.G. just seems like an odd choice, being that he is still very young (19).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 246 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test