LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 60 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Drew Rasmussen

Offline  Re: Drew Rasmussen

Posted: April 28, 2019, 5:16 PM Post
Rass with another nice (short) start today. Keep up the good work!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2019, 1:58 AM Post
OnTheBlack said:
So is Kirby gonna be ready for a full season team any time soon? He pitched last year, so what happened?

So...just gotta assume that nobody on here knows what's going on with Kirby?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2019, 4:28 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
OnTheBlack said:
OnTheBlack said:
So is Kirby gonna be ready for a full season team any time soon? He pitched last year, so what happened?

It's always amusing, even irritating to me that will all the tidbits that we provide that somehow folks think we're holding out / keeping information to ourselves.

You assume correctly.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2019, 11:24 AM Post
Mass Haas said:
OnTheBlack said:
OnTheBlack said:

It's always amusing, even irritating to me that will all the tidbits that we provide that somehow folks think we're holding out / keeping information to ourselves.

You assume correctly.

I really apologize if you took that from my post. I really, really did not mean to infer that you were keeping something from anyone. I'd just asked a couple times and after not getting my answer, I honestly took it to mean that nobody had an update on Kirby.

I don't know if there are people who think you're keeping info to yourself, but don't count me among them. The work people put in on the minor league forums is probably the biggest thing that differentiates this board from every other. It's just with so much info and so many people following these things so closely, I'd hoped someone would have an update.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2019, 11:54 AM Post

Global Moderator
No problem, that's on me for using the word irritating. Maybe bemused would have been better [smile].

And of course, it's not just Toby and I locating updates and linking to them here. We have several posters who keep things timely and link to informative sources elsewhere.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2019, 11:55 PM Post
Mr Southpaw said:

4/17
4/23
4/28
5/3??? seems about right.

3 IP or 50 pitches whichever comes first seems to be the pattern.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 30, 2019, 7:06 AM Post
TJseven7 said:
Mr Southpaw said:

4/17
4/23
4/28
5/3??? seems about right.

3 IP or 50 pitches whichever comes first seems to be the pattern.

It'll be interesting to see if that trend continues. If they start to slowly stretch him out, I would imagine its with the thought of keeping him in line as a rotation prospect. If the 3 IP or 50 pitch limits continue, you can draw the conclusion that they are viewing him as a multi-inning pen option. If it's the former, great, starting pitching prospect. If it's the latter, though, we could eventually see him tossing big league innings in August.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 30, 2019, 7:30 AM Post
Houser in 2017 came back in July and then played in the Fall League, and looks like he never went above 3 IP or 50 pitches for that entire season. Then in 2018 he still was eased into a starting role and didn't really get up to the 80 pitch range until near the end of the year. And this was after only 1 TJ for Houser, I believe (unless he had one before he was a Brewer).

With 2 TJ's already on his relatively young arm, my guess is Rassmussen never gets above 3-4 IP or 50-60 pitches this entire season, even if they intend to eventually stretch him out as a starter next year. This really doesn't preclude him from getting to the pros this year as a reliever, but I think the need would have to be pretty great considering I doubt they want him going multiple days in a row this year.

Probably should just enjoy his rehab year and dream on lengthier outings and better results for next year. Or I could be completely wrong.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 02, 2019, 5:33 AM Post
Greenleaf1 said:
Houser in 2017 came back in July and then played in the Fall League, and looks like he never went above 3 IP or 50 pitches for that entire season. Then in 2018 he still was eased into a starting role and didn't really get up to the 80 pitch range until near the end of the year. And this was after only 1 TJ for Houser, I believe (unless he had one before he was a Brewer).

With 2 TJ's already on his relatively young arm, my guess is Rassmussen never gets above 3-4 IP or 50-60 pitches this entire season, even if they intend to eventually stretch him out as a starter next year. This really doesn't preclude him from getting to the pros this year as a reliever, but I think the need would have to be pretty great considering I doubt they want him going multiple days in a row this year.

Probably should just enjoy his rehab year and dream on lengthier outings and better results for next year. Or I could be completely wrong.

Agree the need would have to great, and guessing that it will. If they pitch him, it could be 2-3 inning stints, 30-40 pitches max with 3 days rest. Could still be a real weapon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 02, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
Greenleaf1 said:

I'm not all that convinced that two Tommy John surgeries is as catastrophic as others believe. At least when it comes to younger guys who have it, they never really get back to 100 pct and they need to have it again. That suggests to me a problem with the replaced ligament or rehab, rushing back too quickly.

I think it's a lot different if you have one when you're 28 and then another, when you're 36 like Capuano, did for example(I'm just throwing out hypothetical ages). The rest of your arm has a lot more wear and tear on it, the pitchers older and you're less likely at that point to come back.

Anyway, if they keep him at a 3 IP or 50 pitch max this year, that's fine. He can do that in Milwaukee. I'd probably shorten that up a bit and watch him closer as he's likely to exert more effort throwing in the big leagues than the minors. But even if he just throws 4 innings a week. That's 6 more outs by a quality pitcher at the end of the year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2019, 1:26 AM Post
Since we are charting him.

5/3 was indeed his next outing
2.2 ip 1h 1 bb 3k 0 era
47pc-30stk

13.1 ip 1.35 era .75 whip
GO/AO 1.22

Biloxi... why not!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2019, 4:05 AM Post

Global Moderator
Now Healthy, Drew Rasmussen Shows Traits Of A Fast-Mover
Josh Norris, Baseball America

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 8:26 AM Post
Wow, that was fast, promoted to AA already:

https://www.milb.com/carolina-mudcats/n ... _306943714

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 8:35 AM Post
Greenleaf1 said:

It's getting pretty plainly obvious that they see him as a potential MLB pen addition this year. The question is going to be if they see him as exclusively a multi-inning reliever going forward, or if a return to starting is in the cards next year. In either case, it appears that the Brewers may have gotten the steal of the 2018 draft with Rasmussen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 8:41 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Greenleaf1 said:

It's getting pretty plainly obvious that they see him as a potential MLB pen addition this year. The question is going to be if they see him as exclusively a multi-inning reliever going forward, or if a return to starting is in the cards next year. In either case, it appears that the Brewers may have gotten the steal of the 2018 draft with Rasmussen.

They could obviously use someone with his profile in the pen this year, and he obviously just doesn't have the innings load right now to start for a full season, but with how he's looked so far it's hard to say they should take a 1st-round-talent arm and not even consider him as a starter moving forward.

Would be interesting at this point to see the history of guys with two TJs at such a young age and what their careers have been like. How many comps are there for Rasmussen in this department?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Greenleaf1 said:

I think there's a 19-yr old SS in Appleton right now that will provide competition for being the steal of the 2019 draft, too.

Great to see Rasmussen climbing the ladder quickly. I particularly enjoy going back through some of the preseason prospect lists for the Brewers that resulted in them being listed near the bottom of farm system rankings - Rasmussen isn't even included on many of the Brewers' preseason top 30-35 prospect lists. As long as he's healthy, keep him climbing!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 1:30 PM Post
Not his best outing today giving up two doubles a run and a hit bitter in two innings of work. Still great to have him in the organization but there will be speed bumps along the way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Greenleaf1 said:

I think there's a 19-yr old SS in Appleton right now that will provide competition for being the steal of the 2019 draft, too.

Great to see Rasmussen climbing the ladder quickly. I particularly enjoy going back through some of the preseason prospect lists for the Brewers that resulted in them being listed near the bottom of farm system rankings - Rasmussen isn't even included on many of the Brewers' preseason top 30-35 prospect lists. As long as he's healthy, keep him climbing!

I had him in my top 10, his reports out of spring training, CC’s comments said it all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 2:31 PM Post
Greenleaf1 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Greenleaf1 said:

They could obviously use someone with his profile in the pen this year, and he obviously just doesn't have the innings load right now to start for a full season, but with how he's looked so far it's hard to say they should take a 1st-round-talent arm and not even consider him as a starter moving forward.

Would be interesting at this point to see the history of guys with two TJs at such a young age and what their careers have been like. How many comps are there for Rasmussen in this department?

I think they make him a starter at some point after this year, just the fact of having 3 plus pitches with plus command, a rare bird indeed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Some nice video of him from 5/3 is found here.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 60 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test