LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The Prospects After April and your Top 25...

Offline  Re: The Prospects After April and your Top 25...

Posted: May 14, 2019, 11:20 PM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
My guess with Lazar’s age, he will be a more mid season promotion are at least after Helena gets going with possible aggressive placements or quick promotions. Let him keep dominating & growing. Think Ashby would still be first followed by maybe Sunitsch when it’s time for Zavolas & Webb or File to go up. Both are older, college arms, and already played in Wisconsin last season

I'm excited about Ashby but he only turns 21 soon and his walks are up and he's been a little bipolar. Leftys! A lot of guys drafted from college are already 21 so I wouldn't mind a late season promotion to A+ with him. Sort of a "get comfortable, this is where you start next season."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2019, 11:23 PM Post
To put Turang's season thus far into perspective, he currently has an OPS of .816. Between the 2007 and 2015 drafts exactly 25 guys picked in the first round out of high school had an OPS of .800 or better the next season in A ball. 24 of those reached the majors.

While the list does include a few guys like Nick Franklin and Jaff Decker, a majority of the players who have been around for a while have carved out at least decent careers, and a there are a fair number of stars on the list as well (Trout, Machado, Baez and, of course, Yelich). Obviously there is a lot of season left, but if he can keep this hitting up it is a harbinger of good things to come.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2019, 7:39 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Alexis Ramirez will be in my top 25 next time. Certainly Logan Gillaspie as well.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The Prospects After April and your Top 25...

Posted: May 26, 2019, 8:41 AM Post
Nate Griep belongs in the top 25. Seriously. I know relievers are not valued as high, but he's dominating AA and his lifetime save rate is ridiculously good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 26, 2019, 1:08 PM Post
Griep is 25 years old and dominating AA ... after repeating the year because of his poor walk rate. He should get promoted to AAA soon and could be in the mix for the brewers bullpen later in the year if he continues to perform like this.

He's old for his league, so I would not put him in my top 25 yet until he does this against older competition.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2019, 11:07 AM Post
As good as Griep has been, I’m not sure I see him as a top 25 guy. He’s repeating a level, has never been an elite strikeout guy and as good as they are, his results haven’t even made him Biloxi’s clear-cut top reliever (Perdomo was arguably better to start the year and you could make a case now for Barker). Outside of Sanchez I don’t know if I’d put any of the minor league relievers in my top 25 right now.

It would be interesting to see how Griep would do in triple-A, but given the glut of pitching at San Antonio and the fact you could make a case for Barker or Ponce getting the first promotion, it might be a while.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 12:44 AM Post
It's production in A at 23 years old but I'd love to see Fry challenged with a promotion. If he keeps hitting like this he could be in the 25 talk.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test