LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brice Turang

Offline  Re: Brice Turang

Posted: July 11, 2019, 7:37 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
To be honest I don't think Turang is a SS long term, but that is just based on my eye test of watching him. He isn't the smoothest over there, doesn't have great range, and if he played 150 games at SS at his 2019 pace he would have 30+ errors.

Maybe he will improve, but he has a ways to go to be even average at SS. Which isn't saying much unless you really put up some big offensive numbers.

I hope you are wrong about that because, IMO, the ability to play shortstop is a big part of his future outlook/value.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:11 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Turang’s defense has been fine for me. He’s 19, so he’s not going to be perfect. I wouldn’t read too much into the error totals. He has average defensive tools that play up a bit due to his baseball IQ.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2019, 11:28 AM Post
Arcia was on pace for 29 errors in A ball if played 150 games. 30 at SS in A+. 16 in AA. 24 in AAA the year he was called up the final 2 months. He had 20 in 152 games in 2017 and has played at that pace since. Turang will be a steady defender.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2019, 1:57 PM Post
Wahoo Maniac said:
Arcia was on pace for 29 errors in A ball if played 150 games. 30 at SS in A+. 16 in AA. 24 in AAA the year he was called up the final 2 months. He had 20 in 152 games in 2017 and has played at that pace since. Turang will be a steady defender.

Exactly.

I have yet to come across a scouting report on Turang questioning his ability to at least be an average defender.

Frankly, I would be very surprised if he fails to stick at SS.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test