LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Phil Bickford

Offline  Re: Phil Bickford

Posted: September 01, 2019, 10:51 PM Post
JimH5 said:
The Carolina League has a .683 OPS as a league. So his stats are nice, but it's a league that suppresses hitting, so I wouldn't get overly excited. He's already 24 and still in A-ball.

I don't think there's much risk in leaving him exposed.

I’d disagree with suppressing league making it less exciting. The league is pitcher friendly due to parks & climate. That has zero to do with Ks, BBs, and less to do with xFIP which Ks & Walks factor pretty high into. Him K’ing 15+ per nine with a K% of 42% has nothing to do with the league and not just something any pitcher 21 or even 26 year old pitch can walk in and do. That is dominance. Same goes for that amount of innings without a run given up. Pitcher league or not, that’s very impressive. If the league was just that easy for pitchers, all of them would do it.

15/3.5 K/BB per 9, 42%/9% K/BB%, xFIP of 1.98... next closest was File at 2.96. His K/9 is 5 more Ks higher than the next guys. Across the board his numbers are top notch and leading that staff in almost all categories. His age is actually right on par with anyone not named Ashby or Hernandez on the Carolina staff who has pitched at least 30 innings. So it’s not like he is some old guy trolling away in A+, he will be 24 in AA for most of next season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 02, 2019, 5:59 AM Post
TigerUppercut said:
Brew crew 92 said:
brewmann04 said:
i would think Biloxi could use him for the playoffs

Then on to the crew, to help us get to the playoffs.

Just like Grisham (225/288/437/724) and Devin Williams (4. ERA/5.22 FIP) have led the march to October.

Grisham’s ready, little slump, that’s all, he’ll bust loose. Williams doesn’t look ready.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 03, 2019, 11:14 AM Post
JimH5 said:
The Carolina League has a .683 OPS as a league. So his stats are nice, but it's a league that suppresses hitting, so I wouldn't get overly excited. He's already 24 and still in A-ball.

I don't think there's much risk in leaving him exposed.

The new 26 man roster is perfect for the AL teams to pick up a reliever to pull a Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 03, 2019, 11:16 AM Post
Roderick said:
pull a Wang.

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

I would have thought by 37 I would have grown up a bit. Appears not.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test