LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers acquire JP Feyereisen from Yankees for Brenny Escanio

Offline  Re: Brewers acquire JP Feyereisen from Yankees for Brenny Escanio

Posted: September 18, 2019, 6:56 AM Post
Here's an article in our local newspaper about the JP Feyereisen trade. One thing I'll highlight before the link is that JP has indeed been "shut down" by the Brewers for the remainder of the season. (I think you all could've guessed that at this point, though.)

https://www.rivertowns.net/sports/baseb ... me-weekend

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 20, 2019, 10:06 AM Post
Steve Manfred said:
Here's an article in our local newspaper about the JP Feyereisen trade. One thing I'll highlight before the link is that JP has indeed been "shut down" by the Brewers for the remainder of the season. (I think you all could've guessed that at this point, though.)

Not that I have to worry about this, but if my son was in the Yankees farm system, there still is no way I would buy Yankee merchandise. Maybe if the son was on the major league roster and it was his specifically his jersey..... still I don't know if I could bring myself. I grew up with the evil empire and 1981, etc

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 20, 2019, 12:26 PM Post
Roderick said:
Steve Manfred said:

Not that I have to worry about this, but if my son was in the Yankees farm system, there still is no way I would buy Yankee merchandise. Maybe if the son was on the major league roster and it was his specifically his jersey..... still I don't know if I could bring myself. I grew up with the evil empire and 1981, etc

That's a great hypothetical. I probably would, simply because, how many might ever actually make it. I would probably adopt the Yankees as my 2nd favorite team.

Here's a good question - Your son plays for the Yankees and they play the Crew in the World Series. Who do you cheer for?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 21, 2019, 7:40 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Roderick said:
Steve Manfred said:

That's a great hypothetical. I probably would, simply because, how many might ever actually make it. I would probably adopt the Yankees as my 2nd favorite team.

Here's a good question - Your son plays for the Yankees and they play the Crew in the World Series. Who do you cheer for?

Obviously you gotta root for your sons team. We've seen enough stories of lifelong Red Sox fans ending up playing for the Yanks, or vice versa or really any rivalry. I mean....if Dick Butkus can root for the Packers because of family(who's not even actually playing) then if your son was on the Yanks, you'd be decked out head to toe in Yanks gear and be the biggest fan of the Yankees. I mean, think how proud you get when your son does anything. Now he's playing for the Yankees?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 22, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Kind of odd that they traded for him on 9/2, but didn't assign him to pitch for Biloxi in the playoffs. Was he injured?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 7:43 AM Post
No, he's not injured.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 11, 2019, 4:58 PM Post
Maybe between JP, Ray Black, Bobby Wahl and even Taylor Williams there are a couple of hard throwing bullpen pieces that can really help next year, with the other two maybe on the shuttle.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 11, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
Maybe between JP, Ray Black, Bobby Wahl and even Taylor Williams there are a couple of hard throwing bullpen pieces that can really help next year, with the other two maybe on the shuttle.

Ray Black is out of options. He's either up full time next year, or he's gone. My guess is he establishes himself as a solid back-end reliever at the MLB level next year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 11, 2019, 6:17 PM Post
Taylor Williams as well so that may be why they added a guy like this. He could potentially be a shuttle guy.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test