LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

[ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Nathan Kirby

Offline  Nathan Kirby

Posted: February 27, 2020, 10:41 AM Post
Just checking will he be Pitching this season?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Nathan Kirby

Posted: February 27, 2020, 11:47 AM Post
Another injury ravaged Brewers prospect, Kirby missed the entire 2019 season after thoracic outlet syndrome surgery but was on the initial Arizona Fall League rosters. Unfortunately, a fractured rib ruined any chances of an appearance in the AFL, however, unless there was another setback he should be throwing this spring.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 11:50 AM Post
ARobsBrewCrew said:
Another injury ravaged Brewers prospect, Kirby missed the entire 2019 season after thoracic outlet syndrome surgery but was on the initial Arizona Fall League rosters. Unfortunately, a fractured rib ruined any chances of an appearance in the AFL, however, unless there was another setback he should be throwing this spring.

What the hank was this guy doing that he broke a rib? That gives me the impression that he's not taking baseball seriously enough.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 11:59 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
ARobsBrewCrew said:

What the hank was this guy doing that he broke a rib? That gives me the impression that he's not taking baseball seriously enough.

It was a stress fracture which happened while rehabbing from another injury. Sounds like it's an injury that's most common among athletes and can happen from increasing weights during workouts, so doesn't sound like he was out flipping dune buggies or something.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:59 PM Post
The fact that Kirby is still attempting to pitch unlike some that may not be as determined to play following injuries (I.e. Josh Pennington) and the fact that the Brewers have not given up on him means that neither have I. There have been pitchers that have overcome perhaps even more extensive injury histories than Kirby and still been successful in reaching the majors such as Jameson Taillon and Danny Hultzen. There are also pitchers both in the Brewers system and around baseball that have been through similar and still have not been given up on such as Preston Gainey with the Crew and Brent Honeywell, although he has always been Top 100 talent. Nobody should be forgetting about this 26-year-old southpaw just yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
Thanks hope for the best.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 28, 2020, 1:14 PM Post
MrAllen said:
KeithStone53151 said:

It was a stress fracture which happened while rehabbing from another injury. Sounds like it's an injury that's most common among athletes and can happen from increasing weights during workouts, so doesn't sound like he was out flipping dune buggies or something.

Fair enough. Thanks for the info. My first thought was him doing something stupid like that, or surfing, or snowboarding...something with unnecessary risk.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 28, 2020, 2:52 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
MrAllen said:

Fair enough. Thanks for the info. My first thought was him doing something stupid like that, or surfing, or snowboarding...something with unnecessary risk.

Left-handed pitchers prefer rodeo competitions when it comes to side gigs.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test