LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 133 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Brewers Affiliates

Offline  2021 Brewers Affiliates

Posted: May 20, 2020, 3:36 PM Post
Where will the Brewers Affiliates be located in 2021? JJ Cooper (BA) posted an article today describing it currently as the 'Wild West' as MILB teams are trying to get connected to MLB teams. My predictions are:

AAA - Omaha (with KC moving to Wichita)
AA - Biloxi
High A - Carolina (ownership)
Low A - Wisconsin

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates

Posted: May 21, 2020, 7:40 PM Post
It will be nice to see the Crew buying another team but at this point in time does not seem possible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2020, 12:11 PM Post
I would love our AAA team to be Omaha next year!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2020, 12:33 PM Post
I don't follow this that close, but this says Omaha is signed through 2022.

https://ballparkdigest.com/200905261902 ... dance-2012

I personally like where the brewers are right now. I know San Antonio's park isn't the best, but it seemed like the first year with them went OK. Maybe my standards are not that high after all the years with the Sky Sox. If Indy, Louisville, or Toledo are up, they would be great moves though for the brewers. I just hope they can retain Biloxi.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates

Posted: May 27, 2020, 6:06 PM Post
The Royals have been in Omaha for fifty(!) years. Not sure they'd be all that willing to leave. I think I'd rather see Indianapolis if they're throwing out existing affiliations; well within NL Central territory.

I've read the initial plan has Wichita demoted to AA, though I'm sure a lot has changed since those plans were written up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
If MLB takes over the minor league affiliates, it sounds like they would have the say over who affiliates with who and may choose to make some decisions geographically. If Omaha stays with KC, Wichita could be a AAA option if it stays at AAA. Geographically it would be a decent location if Biloxi stays at AA for the Crew.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2020, 8:45 PM Post

Roster Guru
i am hoping for the brewers to have their class aaa team in st. paul. rumors are that that class aaa team would replace the st. paul saints.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2020, 9:38 AM Post
djoctagone said:
i am hoping for the brewers to have their class aaa team in st. paul. rumors are that that class aaa team would replace the st. paul saints.

wouldn't the twins be all over that. Its the same distance from Milwaukee to st paul and Milwaukee to Indy, which is also up. I can't see that happening in 2021 anyway, since their ballpark is nowhere near triple a standards.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2020, 11:17 AM Post
There is chatter that Wichita will be asked to drop down to AA Texas League with Jacksonville going to AAA.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2020, 12:01 PM Post
So is it possible theCrew looses both San Antonio as well as Biloxi?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2020, 3:10 PM Post
brewmann04 said:

yes both are up for renewal. Brewers have a good relationship with S.A.'s ownership group but good chance that Rocky Mountain Vibes gets contracted. Biloxi seems happy with the brewers, but brewers minor league system is a shell of its former self and they do have a good facility.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2020, 4:35 PM Post
Thank You

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
I’d be surprised if San Antonio wasn’t retained, I have my concerns about Biloxi

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2020, 5:52 PM Post
lamiwe21 said:
There is chatter that Wichita will be asked to drop down to AA Texas League with Jacksonville going to AAA.

That's very interesting. I'd read about Fresno, San Antonio and Wichita all being demoted, but only heard about Sugar Land and St. Paul being added to AAA. I'd personally speculated about it, but that the first I've heard of it outside of my own brain (haha). Makes a ton of sense.

So Marlins to Jacksonville. Twins to St. Paul. Astros to Sugar Land. Rangers back to Round Rock? Without any other moves, that's Nashville and Rochester up for grabs for the Brewers and Nationals. Feels like the last affiliation shuffle all over again...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2020, 6:08 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
brewmann04 said:

yes both are up for renewal. Brewers have a good relationship with S.A.'s ownership group but good chance that Rocky Mountain Vibes gets contracted. Biloxi seems happy with the brewers, but brewers minor league system is a shell of its former self and they do have a good facility.

I don't think renewal status will matter after this year because the current agreement between MLB and MiLB expires in September and is going to be completely revamped. Pretty much every MiLB team that isn't owned by a MLB team will be a "free agent", though MLB will do a lot of pairing this time around instead of teams courting each other. The affiliation shuffle we've grown used to isn't really going to exist anymore.

Geography will keep the Brewers with the Timber Rattlers, and ownership will keep them with the Mudcats. But AA and AAA are complete unknowns at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2020, 6:54 PM Post
Lincoln DD, I think you are correct and I think MLB is going to try to make an effort to push geographical connections. At AA, if the Brewers like Biloxi I don't know if anyone will take them from them. They have a nice stadium, but not great attendance or population base. AAA - who knows? It wouldn't shock me if Vancouver joined AAA (not for the Brewers) and Jacksonville would make a lot of sense for the Marlins. It wouldn't be shocking to see Fresno, Syracuse, San Antonio, or Wichita drop down to AA or for the last two to even be the Brewers AAA affiliate since there is nothing really geographical for the Brewers unless you want to stretch it and move Kane County up. I could see Kane County maybe taking over as the CWS AA affiliate and/or a few others moving up such as Brooklyn to Mets AA, W. Michigan to Tigers AA, and Dayton to Reds AA. All just guesses, though. It will be interesting to see how much MLB wants to shake it up if they take total control.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2020, 7:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
Well I'm selfish, so let's see Brewers in Nashville and AA Rocket City. That would be a lucky draw personally.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2020, 8:14 AM Post
From some of the reports out there have Erie (Detroit), Binghamton (NYMets), Jackson (Arizona) are AA clubs on the chopping block along with Chattanooga (Cinci).

I did see a report where Brooklyn is making the jump up from Short-season to replace Binghamton as AA for the Mets but have not seen other replacements being suggested. This is a massive realignment project. Not only geographically but level/ facility wise.

I have been to Dayton to see a game (along with Appleton, Lake County & Beloit). It appears Dayton has the seating capacity (& draws fans) to be on the AA level (park seats over 7,200) but I don't know if it has the other necessary player facilities for being at the AA level. If Fox Cities Stadium in Appleton added 2000 seats would it have the necessary pieces to be on the AA level? That I do not know.

Looking at the stadiums for Kane County (almost 11k capacity) & West Michigan (almost 9k capacity) they might be possible AAA replacement sites.

If teams like San Diego (A- Fort Wayne, almost 6.6k capacity) and LA Dodgers (A- Great Lakes/ Midland MI, 5.5k capacity), and Seattle (A- West Virginia, 4.5k capacity) can get A level locations geographically closer to them, their current affiliates would make for some good geographical backfill pairings

Last edited by MadThinker88 on May 31, 2020, 11:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2020, 10:09 AM Post
madbad2000 said:
Well I'm selfish, so let's see Brewers in Nashville and AA Rocket City. That would be a lucky draw personally.

Great point.

In terms of placing prospects in high quality facilities, it would be hard to do better than these two places. Nashville is regarded as one of the top AAA teams for player facilities (along with Vegas), and Rocket City is obviously brand new. That really helps when trying to attract those vet minor league free agents. And if they really are going to spin up a new AAA league in the Midwest, that just makes Nash even more attractive (far less travel strain).

I follow MiLB pretty closely, and having roots in upstate NY, I heard a lot last year about how the Mets ping-ponged a lot of their upper minors depth between Syracuse and Binghamton all season long. So having AAA and AA so close to each other in Nashville and RC would be another nice advantage to have. The Brewers were the last MLB team to affiliate in the Huntsville area (since this season hasn't started and probably won't), so it would be a nice dual homecoming to go back there and Nashville at the same time.

And the Trash Panda is probably the most popular MiLB logo outside of Durham's Bulls, so that's reason enough to go there, haha. They've done a fantastic job or marketing. I just got my RCTP shirt in the mail yesterday!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2020, 11:43 AM Post
I just hope we never have a team in Colorado again

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 133 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test