LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Brewers Affiliates

Online  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates
Posted: December 01, 2020, 9:02 AM Post
Wow, the Twins made out pretty well I would say.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates
Posted: December 01, 2020, 9:10 AM Post
BA/JJ Cooper is now hearing 180-player limit domestically: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... son-clubs/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2020, 9:33 AM Post
Twins full list of affiliates: AAA-St. Paul, AA-Wichita, HiA-Cedar Rapids, LoA-Ft. Myers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2020, 11:43 AM Post
LincolnDD said:
BA/JJ Cooper is now hearing 180-player limit domestically: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... son-clubs/

That is good to hear. Even for teams that don’t field a second AZL or GCL team, I was worried that the more stringent limits would lead teams to cut fringy prospects the moment they suffer a serious injury, leaving them not just out of a job but responsible for their own rehab costs as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2020, 12:36 AM Post
LincolnDD said:
balsamlaker said:
Since Nashville and Round Rock both say "interesting twist" that makes the most sense, but I struggle calling the Rangers a "mystery team" since they are the the current affiliate. A "mystery team" would be something like the Braves going to Nashville and moving their current AAA team to one of the "A" levels.

That's interesting. What would be the swap at AAA with Gwinnett dropping? Wisconsin? Beloit? Could the Cubs elevate one of the MWL teams (Kane County in the Chicago burbs?), and leave Iowa, opening that up for the Brewers?

What if Nashville is still anti-Brewers and threatening to go Indy?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:00 AM Post
Ballpark Digest just updated the tracker, and they've got the Brewers in Nashville, Rangers back in Round Rock. No question marks, no "mystery team", no "interesting twist".

They've got "expected to continue" for Biloxi, though that's been the default for most of the teams. At AA, aside from the San Antonio and Wichita demotions, they suggest Bowie could be out as the O's AA affiliate, and Frederick back from the initial cut list to land as Baltimore's AA team. Jackson also looks to be in trouble, but Chattanooga looks like they might be safe now.

The Ballpark Digest guy said in a tweet this morning that we could finally get the list of 120 tomorrow or Friday. I'd still bet on Nashville-Biloxi-Wisconsin-Carolina.

https://ballparkdigest.com/200905261902 ... dance-2012

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:16 AM Post
Brewers Numbers said:
What if Nashville is still anti-Brewers and threatening to go Indy?

I do not think they have ever been anti-brewers. They just thought Oakland was a better situation for them. They had the upper hand at the moment. MLB took away the upper hand (rightfully) from the minor league clubs.

The saints just paid millions to get into affiliated ball and leave Indy. I would think it would be crazy to leave MILB to go play the Milwaukee Milkmen (no offense to them, I do like going to their games, but its not the same quality of play)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2020, 6:32 PM Post
seems like the brewers will be one of the last teams to know the affiliates.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2020, 6:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
From Ballpark Digest:

Word now is that we won’t get a list of the 120 until December 8 at the earliest. Yow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 8:31 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
seems like the brewers will be one of the last teams to know the affiliates.

I think the Brewers are in better shape than at least a handful of other teams, especially now with AAA apparently cleaned up. There still seems to be some confusion for a lot of the teams out west about who their High-A teams will be, and ditto with the Florida teams. Will Rome be a High-A or Low-A team for the Braves? Who's gonna be the Reds' AA team? Still a lot of major question marks out there. *Maybe* we see a change at AA, but I don't think we will.

Only four teams have the complete list "confirmed" at BA: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... ion-chart/

December 8th now? That sucks for us following along, but it's absolute garbage for teams who don't know what's in store for them in 2021, and ALL teams still have to make schedules, plan promotions, etc. Can't say I'm surprised, but just awful, awful handling by MLB.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates
Posted: December 03, 2020, 9:07 AM Post
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. The longer this drags on the worse it looks for MLB.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 11:52 AM Post
I blame Fresno.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 3:08 PM Post
I think we will be seeing alot of this

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/12/ ... s-mlb.html

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 3:34 PM Post
I’d like to see MLBPA create a franchise at the AA or AAA level. Allow strongly solid Ex-MLB players to play at a low salary to audition for a spot back with an MLB club. But instead of being beholden to the one team giving them an opportunity, they would essentially be a free agent they could be poached at any time

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 4:28 PM Post
that sounds like Indy ball to me. Milwaukee Milkmen has had atleast 2 pitchers get signed by MLB clubs this season, so it does work. I do like your idea because these players would face better competition.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 4:55 PM Post
I would say Fresno only affects Lancaster, as they are probably the 8th California League if Fresno does not join the Single-A league.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 5:15 PM Post
MLB is getting close to 120 if you think about it. Twenty-three of the "contracted teams" have connected with the Appalachian League, Pioneer League, and Draft League. There is suppose to be a 6th team join the Draft League, Vermont Lake is expected to move to the Frontier League, and Tri-City and Norwich look like they are going to indy ball. That leaves only about a dozen teams on the initial contraction list without futures determined - Auburn, Batavia, Bowie, Burlington, Chattanooga, Clinton, Florida (FireFrogs), Jackson, Lancaster (CA), Lexington, Lowell, Port Charlotte, and Staten Island.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 5:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
The thing that is frustrating about all of this is the purpose. Are you trying to limit travel within each league? Between levels within each teams farm system? Who are making the choices? So for some affiliates the team gets their desires even if it doesn't fit with goals above? Are you letting minor league cities negotiate ala Fresno when so many others were told yea or nay? If MLB is really running this show, it should not take this long. Put on your iron first and tell each team and affiliate what is what and move on. I agree with others about how affiliates need time to prep for schedule and their business for 2021. You don't just turn a switch and get an entire seasons worth of sponsors, promotions, staff, logistics, etc overnight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 9:04 PM Post
balsamlaker said:
MLB is getting close to 120 if you think about it. Twenty-three of the "contracted teams" have connected with the Appalachian League, Pioneer League, and Draft League. There is suppose to be a 6th team join the Draft League, Vermont Lake is expected to move to the Frontier League, and Tri-City and Norwich look like they are going to indy ball. That leaves only about a dozen teams on the initial contraction list without futures determined - Auburn, Batavia, Bowie, Burlington, Chattanooga, Clinton, Florida (FireFrogs), Jackson, Lancaster (CA), Lexington, Lowell, Port Charlotte, and Staten Island.

Staten Island announced today that they're "ceasing operations" (and suing both MLB and the Yankees...). I wouldn't be surprised if another team ends up in the stadium (Independent League?) but the current entity is no more. https://twitter.com/SIYanks/status/1334595858256564226

Port Charlotte is a relatively new entry to the contraction list, apparently pushed out by Daytona. There have also been some rumblings that Chattanooga may be safe, though I don't know what the corresponding move would be at AA; could also see Chattanooga end up in the SAL or Carolina League.

I've heard Kane County might not be safe.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2020, 9:15 PM Post
madbad2000 said:
The thing that is frustrating about all of this is the purpose. Are you trying to limit travel within each league? Between levels within each teams farm system? Who are making the choices? So for some affiliates the team gets their desires even if it doesn't fit with goals above? Are you letting minor league cities negotiate ala Fresno when so many others were told yea or nay? If MLB is really running this show, it should not take this long. Put on your iron first and tell each team and affiliate what is what and move on. I agree with others about how affiliates need time to prep for schedule and their business for 2021. You don't just turn a switch and get an entire seasons worth of sponsors, promotions, staff, logistics, etc overnight.

I think the minors do need some modernization and reorganization, but MLB has handled these changes horribly. Given the pandemic, they should've pushed these changes out a year, along with all player development contracts that expired after the 2020 season that didn't happen, to give themselves ample time to work this plan. Getting the 2020 MLB season going required so much extra work that MiLB and this reorg didn't get the attention it needed.

FWIW, I don't think Fresno is negotiating for a chance to stay in AAA. I think they're negotiating with the city of Fresno over the stadium lease and trying to determine if running as a Low-A team is a viable option for both sides. Everything else at AAA looks pretty much set. I can't imagine they'd blow it all up at this point. Though, to your point, MLB has bungled this whole thing, so I guess anything is possible.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test