LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Brewers Affiliates

Offline  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates
Posted: December 09, 2020, 1:37 PM Post
They still are probably the farest away from the triple A affiliate compared to the other 29 teams. Its nice to be close to their double a and low A affiliate though. After playing in Colorado Springs for 4 years and a double A ball park for one, this must be like moving up to the big time though

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 2:08 PM Post
Compared to past practice of affiliations the Brewers have to be pleased
.Nashville now has one of the best New stadiums in all of the minors a very good destination for Brewer fans to attend ,non stop flights from. Milwaukee and in the lower minors they keep well run affiliates that they had good working relationships with. Over all a win win for the Brewers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 3:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
Walleye2 said:
Compared to past practice of affiliations the Brewers have to be pleased
.Nashville now has one of the best New stadiums in all of the minors a very good destination for Brewer fans to attend ,non stop flights from. Milwaukee and in the lower minors they keep well run affiliates that they had good working relationships with. Over all a win win for the Brewers

Nashville is a great town to visit. Great food, activities and night life that goes beyond country music. I'm 2 hours away right now and looking forward to heading up there for a game or two (hopefully). I still wish Rocket City could have been sniped for AA. Selfish reasons mostly. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 5:17 PM Post
Just FYI in case anyone is interested...

Prospects Live
@ProspectsLive
·
14m
The Minor League Baseball restructuring news has lots of ramifications and lots to digest.

@ProspectJesus & @C_Blessing will try to navigate it all during a live video stream tonight at 9:30 ET.

Fan engagement is encouraged! We hope to see you tonight.
--------------------------------------------------

Additionally, BA dropped another podcast related to the invites today in case anyone is interested..

https://twitter.com/KyleAGlaser/status/ ... 2679199744

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:17 PM Post
It may be petty, but this is such delicious karma for Nashville. I didn't forget how dirty they did the Brewers when their new park was complete. Here's a brief synopsis...

The Brewers were affiliated with Nashville for 10 years from 2005-14, but the Sounds chose to end that relationship and switch to the Oakland A’s just as they were about to move into a new downtown ballpark, known then as First Tennessee Park but later renamed First Horizon Park. The Brewers were not pleased about that development after sticking with Nashville for years while it played in outdated Greer Stadium, which lacked many amenities that big-league clubs desire.

The bolded below is the part that really irked me...

Doug Melvin, the Brewers’ general manager at the time, termed the Sounds’ decision “very disappointing” upon getting the news and said that day,“We gave them 10 years there. A number of times, we had a chance to move and we were patient with them. We did a lot of the things they asked us to do.”

With no other viable choice at that time, the Brewers moved their Class AAA affiliate to Colorado Springs, where the often harsh climate made it tougher to develop players. After four years there, the franchise relocated to San Antonio, and Milwaukee made the move as well to affiliate with the Missions.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/m ... 506418002/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:23 PM Post
Also, I could be off but it seems obvious that if Mark A hadn't bought the Carolina team, Beloit would've been assigned as a Brewers A ball affiliate. They were one for the Crew from 1982 to 2004. Would have been convenient, but not the end of the world.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:40 PM Post
I don’t think that’s true, what league would Beloit play in?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:45 PM Post
True Blue Brew Crew said:
Also, I could be off but it seems obvious that if Mark A hadn't bought the Carolina team, Beloit would've been assigned as a Brewers A ball affiliate. They were one for the Crew from 1982 to 2004. Would have been convenient, but not the end of the world.

I dispute your idea that Beloit would be a Brewer affiliate now if not for the ownership in the Carolina franchise..

The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers & Beloit club play in the same league. No way would MKE have 2 affiliates in the same minor league/ at the same level. IF Beloit had moved over to MKE, the Appleton franchise would be with someone else & Carolina would still be the Brewers..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:46 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
I don’t think that’s true, what league would Beloit play in?

MadThinker88 said:

I dispute your idea that Beloit would be a Brewer affiliate now if not for the ownership in the Carolina franchise..

The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers & Beloit club play in the same league. No way would MKE have 2 affiliates in the same minor league/ at the same level. IF Beloit had moved over to MKE, the Appleton franchise would be with someone else & Carolina would still be the Brewers..

You're both of course right. I was thinking the Timber Rattlers could've just remained in low A and been the Brewers affiliate there but that league level is all located down south now. So Beloit and Appleton as high A and low A affiliates wouldn't have been possible.

Still happy about sticking it to Nashville.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:52 PM Post
Yeah, Beloit was going to have to be high-A. The other Midwest League teams moved up or are now unaffiliated. Carolina wasn't prohibitive to assignments, though I'm not sure they would have purchased the team knowing they'd no longer have to worry about getting screwed into having an A+ affiliate in California now that they get Appleton as A+ and MLB is guaranteeing long-term A- affiliates in the mid-Atlantic or Florida.

Statement from Nashville:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 7:54 PM Post
I really like the way it worked out for the crew. Hopefully i get to biloxi.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
The Marlins connection between Pensacola and Beloit is they are owned by the same person. Replacing San Antonio with Nashville gives the Brewers one of the best AAA/AA facility combinations in all of baseball. A great day for Tom Flanagan and co.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 8:27 PM Post
Besides facilities, Nashville is a great fit as it is one of only 4-5 AAA cities with direct flights to Milwaukee.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 8:43 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
They still are probably the farest away from the triple A affiliate compared to the other 29 teams. Its nice to be close to their double a and low A affiliate though. After playing in Colorado Springs for 4 years and a double A ball park for one, this must be like moving up to the big time though

Having direct flights to Milwaukee really makes the distance between Milwaukee and Nashville a non issue. I think there were only 4-5 franchises in play for Milwaukee and Nashville was the best case scenario. Love that it’s a 10 year PDL, rather than having to deal with this in 2 years again.

I do like how Nashville rebranded, I will probably buy a polo or something. The logo they had when we were affiliated was pretty bad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 8:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Beloit surviving this MLB takeover of the minors with an upgrade to High-A sort of reminds me of when Rutgers was invited to join the Big Ten. At the introductory press conference the Rutgers president said something along the lines of: "let me be very clear, this is the best possible thing that could've happened to Rutgers University"... they sort of acted like they had just won the lottery and it seems similar for Beloit in this case. As someone who has previously been at Beloit opening nights in the freezing cold with less than 50 spectators in the park it's going to be sort of amazing to now watch High-A competition in their brand new ballpark. Their new stadium that was approved just in the nick of time literally changed the course of affiliated baseball's likelihood to remain in Beloit.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 9:12 PM Post
I guess this means Tim Dillard is coming back to the Brewers organization.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 9:46 PM Post
patrickgpe said:

I believe the Dodgers own that distinction. I think Arizona, Chicago White Sox, San Diego and Tampa all top Milwaukee-Nashville as well.

Aside from maybe wrestling Indianapolis from the Pirates or some surprise reclass of a nearby team, Nashville is arguably the ideal landing spot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 09, 2020, 10:26 PM Post
You are correct, I looked it up and it is twice the distance for the dodgers than brewers

Wichita would have been nice if they weren’t been sent to double a, but I think all of the cities closer to Milwaukee weren’t happening.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 10, 2020, 8:53 AM Post

Roster Guru
is there any word yet on class aaa league realignment? as a minneapolis resident, i'm pretty excited about potentially being able to see the sounds play within bicycling distance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 10, 2020, 5:45 PM Post
Can’t Nashville just take the supposed mlb team instead. Basically aaa talent being paid mlb salaries.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test