LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Brewers Affiliates

Offline  Re: 2021 Brewers Affiliates
Posted: December 10, 2020, 7:44 PM Post
Minigoon said:
Can’t Nashville just take the supposed mlb team instead. Basically aaa talent being paid mlb salaries.

Maybe in a few years but MLB is not expanding in 2020 or 2021.
Heck, depending on the CBA negotiations after the '21 season, the 2022 season could be in jeopardy.
Until the next CBA negotiation is completed, I doubt expansion happens.

So while expansion might eventually happen, Nashville has to decide having baseball now (as AAA level) until then.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 10, 2020, 10:53 PM Post
MadThinker88 said:
Minigoon said:
Can’t Nashville just take the supposed mlb team instead. Basically aaa talent being paid mlb salaries.

Heck, depending on the CBA negotiations after the '21 season, the 2022 season could be in jeopardy.

So while expansion might eventually happen, Nashville has to decide having baseball now (as AAA level) until then.

They need the leverage of allowing a team to move right now because there is ongoing stadium negotiations. The A's and Ray's? I think. Expansion won't happen until that's resolved. I don't think the CBA negotiations will have any affect. The only thing in the CBA about future expansion is MLB can expand by 2 teams any time they want, they just need to give the Union 10 days notice once the decision is made. Perhaps in the next negotiation the owners may want to remove the 2 team limit but hard to see the Union saying no to more members getting jobs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 11, 2020, 8:21 AM Post
Guys, you are giving Minigoon too much credit. He was just trying to rip on the Brewers by calling them a AAA team. He's a troll.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 11, 2020, 10:51 PM Post
djoctagone said:
is there any word yet on class aaa league realignment? as a minneapolis resident, i'm pretty excited about potentially being able to see the sounds play within bicycling distance.

I don't remember which podcast with JJ Cooper briefly mentioned it, either the BA or Effectively Wild, but that would come after the teams accept and the 120 teams are finalized.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2020, 9:15 AM Post
Will the DSL still go on or did that get scrapped too?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2020, 10:06 AM Post
wibadgers23 said:

Last I heard, DSL still a go & players there would not be counted toward the new stateside player limit.

My guess is more MLB teams will be looking to field multiple DSL & other foreign league teams (there used to be a league in Venezuela years ago until that place went into the crapper) to try to get a competitive advantage..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2020, 12:08 PM Post
Brewers Numbers said:
MadThinker88 said:
Minigoon said:

They need the leverage of allowing a team to move right now because there is ongoing stadium negotiations. The A's and Ray's? I think. Expansion won't happen until that's resolved. I don't think the CBA negotiations will have any affect. The only thing in the CBA about future expansion is MLB can expand by 2 teams any time they want, they just need to give the Union 10 days notice once the decision is made. Perhaps in the next negotiation the owners may want to remove the 2 team limit but hard to see the Union saying no to more members getting jobs.

Interesting note buried in Phillis’ Dombrowski hiring announcement, per mlbtraderumors.com

The Phillies had been one of the clubs to contact Dombrowski early in the offseason, but he wasn’t interested at that time. What changed was that he was given some new information from the commissioner’s office, who recently told Dombrowski and the Nashville group that expansion wasn’t going to happen for a couple of years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 14, 2020, 9:07 AM Post
LincolnDD said:
patrickgpe said:
They still are probably the farest away from the triple A affiliate compared to the other 29 teams. Its nice to be close to their double a and low A affiliate though. After playing in Colorado Springs for 4 years and a double A ball park for one, this must be like moving up to the big time though

I believe the Dodgers own that distinction. I think Arizona, Chicago White Sox, San Diego and Tampa all top Milwaukee-Nashville as well.

Aside from maybe wrestling Indianapolis from the Pirates or some surprise reclass of a nearby team, Nashville is arguably the ideal landing spot.

I count 6 teams that have a longer "commute" than Milwaukee-Nashville. As, the crow flies, its about 480 miles between Milwaukee and Nashville.

Arizona--Reno (605)
Chicago--Charlotte (590)
Anaheim--Salt Lake (580)
Los Angeles--Oklahoma City (1,180)
San Diego--El Paso (680)
Tampa--Durham (610)

But as was mentioned, the direct flight is the key. But not just to Milwaukee, to any city the Brewers could be playing in and Nashville has many more destinations than a lot of the other options. Seems like a win for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 14, 2020, 1:25 PM Post
this is a big get for the Crew like what they ended up with on all levels.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 14, 2020, 3:07 PM Post
MadThinker88 said:
wibadgers23 said:

Last I heard, DSL still a go & players there would not be counted toward the new stateside player limit.

My guess is more MLB teams will be looking to field multiple DSL & other foreign league teams (there used to be a league in Venezuela years ago until that place went into the crapper) to try to get a competitive advantage..

On that note, this cool tidbit came through a few weeks ago. Brewers will be sending some farmhands down under next year to play for the team Dave Nilsson runs. Technically not a Brewers team/affiliate, but a foreign "partnership".

https://brisbanebandits.com.au/news/som ... -brisbane/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 18, 2020, 7:33 AM Post
Admittedly, I didn’t follow the MiLB realignment too closely; however, I’m a little surprised the Brewers are back in Nashville. Didn’t they kind of screw over the Brewers a few years ago and the Crew had to go to Colorado Springs? I’m assuming the facilities and proximity to Milwaukee were too good to pass up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 18, 2020, 8:17 AM Post
yes, and the brewers needed a place to play. Texas found a home in Round Rock that made sense. San Antonio was re-classified to double A, so the brewers took Nashville. There really wasn't that much reshuffling on the triple A level; a few teams reclassified, few indy teams becoming triple A, so the brewers options were pretty much Nashville or nothing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 23, 2020, 11:48 AM Post
Ballpark Digest: MLB has told the chosen 120 MiLB teams that based on feedback to a summary, changes to the proposed PDL will be considered. Look for the full PDL in Jan, followed by 30-day review period. Delays could push 2021 MiLB season launch well into May. So much up in the air, though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 23, 2020, 11:55 AM Post
I’m going to lose it if we lose another season of minor league baseball or even if it gets considerably shortened.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 23, 2020, 12:47 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
I’m going to lose it if we lose another season of minor league baseball or even if it gets considerably shortened.

The 2021 MiLB season was destined to be shortened, first due to the setup changes and then due to covid & precautions being taken as a result.

You might recall there was talk about having a staggered spring training where MLB & invites would go first (& go thru completion) before the minor league camp would even start. In the past the minor league camp would get underway during the 1st week of March (so during MLB spring training) and some milb players would shuttle back n forth between the camps/ games being played

IF the MLB season gets pushed back, the MiLB season is sure to follow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 25, 2020, 9:28 AM Post
I was catching up on a Tribe podcast this morning (while shoveling snow) & heard 2 info nuggets that will have some impact to the Brewers:
1) complex (AZ/FL) teams are being limited to 1 per ball club &
2) Tribe is not sharing a DSL team with MKE this upcoming season as the Tribe will be having 2 teams on its own..

I have no idea if MKE will be fielding a 2nd DSL team on its own or sticking with 1 club only...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 29, 2020, 8:49 AM Post

Roster Guru
MadThinker88 said:
wibadgers23 said:

The 2021 MiLB season was destined to be shortened, first due to the setup changes and then due to covid & precautions being taken as a result.

You might recall there was talk about having a staggered spring training where MLB & invites would go first (& go thru completion) before the minor league camp would even start. In the past the minor league camp would get underway during the 1st week of March (so during MLB spring training) and some milb players would shuttle back n forth between the camps/ games being played

seeing that mlb rosters no longer expand to 40 in september, wouldn't it make sense to have minor league seasons go a little bit deeper into september--or at least for class aaa teams? how do reserve players stay in shape while the major league season is still continuing. . . lifting fedex parcels?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 29, 2020, 11:30 AM Post
djoctagone said:
MadThinker88 said:
wibadgers23 said:

seeing that mlb rosters no longer expand to 40 in september, wouldn't it make sense to have minor league seasons go a little bit deeper into september--or at least for class aaa teams? how do reserve players stay in shape while the major league season is still continuing. . . lifting fedex parcels?

Keep in mind that MLB does not like ANY OTHER BASEBALL news to interfere with the post-season & World Series.
So that would mean any minor league post-season would be completed BEFORE the MLB playoffs would begin.
Those teams in the various milb post-seasons would be playing during September (& most leagues have 2 rounds of post-season)..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 05, 2021, 4:15 PM Post
FYI from JJCooper today (1/5/21)

Baseball America @BaseballAmerica

The Minor League season at the Double-A and Class-A levels will be delayed in 2021.
MLB informed teams in a memo yesterday.
The latest news via @jjcoop36:

https://baseballamerica.com/stories/sta ... e-delayed/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 05, 2021, 8:08 PM Post
UGH not good news

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test