LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Instructional League Roster

Offline  Re: Brewers Instructional League Roster

Posted: November 23, 2020, 4:00 PM Post
It's apparently behind a Baseball America paywall, but did anyone see the tweet that Aaron Ashby was one of the guys that made the most "noise" across all instructs this fall? I have no ideal how many guys they had on their list, but it's at least encouraging to hear some positive reports about that kid. I love the updates from Flanagan, but I feel like they carry a bit more weight when you hear positive reviews on our prospects from outside sources.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 23, 2020, 4:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
madtownhawk said:
It's apparently behind a Baseball America paywall, but did anyone see the tweet that Aaron Ashby was one of the guys that made the most "noise" across all instructs this fall? I have no ideal how many guys they had on their list, but it's at least encouraging to hear some positive reports about that kid. I love the updates from Flanagan, but I feel like they carry a bit more weight when you hear positive reviews on our prospects from outside sources.

It said that Ashby scuffled a bit at the alternate site in Appleton (he was a late arrival), but at instructs he was the Brewers best pitcher. It said his fastball was 95 mph and both of his breaking pitches earned plus grades. Also said he threw enough strikes that he's projected to be an impact lefthander who could move through the system quickly next season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 24, 2020, 9:07 AM Post
Eye Black said:
madtownhawk said:

It said that Ashby scuffled a bit at the alternate site in Appleton (he was a late arrival), but at instructs he was the Brewers best pitcher. It said his fastball was 95 mph and both of his breaking pitches earned plus grades. Also said he threw enough strikes that he's projected to be an impact lefthander who could move through the system quickly next season.

WOW.....that might be one of the most exciting bits of news we get on the Brewers all winter! Really nice to hear that he stood out down there. We need some of these younger prospects in our system to emerge here, and Ashby is one of those guys that I was hoping would do just that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 26, 2020, 3:36 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Mass Haas said:
Because prospect fans are hungry for any tidbit of farmhand news, a Spanish-language article -- Google translate assisted with the italicized text:

Now 18-years-old, 2018 Brewers signing ($1.1 million out of Colombia, one of that country's largest bonuses ever) 3B/SS Branlyn Jaraba was at instructional camp.

Now that camp is complete, in this article, Jaraba's Colombian winter ball situation is discussed, as he's being prevented from playing:

With just a few weeks to go before a new season in Colombian professional baseball begins, Tigres de Cartagena, has news, but not exactly in terms of sport. Now everything is about a resolution that the Cartagena team took out where it does not allow several players to play for this season that is coming. Everything stems from the events recorded last year when these same players refused to play due to lack of payments.

On 12/5/19 and 12/6/19 there were games but the players did not appear for the competition. The pending payment that should occur on November 30 was informed that same day after the game in the Municipality of Turbaco, which was the alternate headquarters of the team, that the payment would be made on December 5 since the resources had to be turned over from the United States, but no player wanted to wait and they opted in a one-man manner to withdraw from the tournament, damaging the club and the championship in general and disappointing the fans. Due to the seriousness of the events, the suspension of the aforementioned players must be imposed as a sports sanction so that they cannot act during the 2020-2021 season with our Professional baseball club LOS TIGRES S.A. nor in any other club in competition in the Colombian Professional Baseball championship under any contractual modality, extending the sanction of prohibition to compete in any of the teams of the Winter Leagues affiliated to the Caribbean Professional Baseball confederation with active or passive membership, according to the current regulation of the Winter League agreement ”, this is stated in some sections of said resolution.

Faced with the aforementioned resolution, Branlyn Jaraba, one of the players involved and who acted through his legal representative, Senen Jaraba (father), established a legal action against the Tigres and Diprobeisbol team (Professional Baseball Division).

"Admit the tutela action instituted against" Los Tigres S.A. and Diprobeisbol for the alleged violation of their fundamental right to due process, good name, information, to life, to the minimum vital and to work ”, it reads in a part of said protection that in the next few days its ruling will be known by the judge in charge.

This type of inconvenience creates, once again, uncertainty within the ninth of Cartagena.

UPDATE: As per this tweet, Jaraba's court filing was denied. It would not appear he'll be playing winter ball in his native Colombia in 2020-2021.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test