LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect & Farm System Rankings (for 2021)

Offline  Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect & Farm System Rankings (for 2021)

Posted: November 02, 2020, 10:08 AM Post
Might as well get this thread rolling.

I spent time reviewing a list for CLE & I noticed the MKE list was already posted.
Figured others would be interested.. If I find others today I will update/ edit this posting.

Prospects Worldwide (free/ open source material)
https://prospectsworldwide.com/2020/10/ ... prospects/

Edit to add:
Prospect361 (free/ open source material)
https://prospect361.com/nl-team-prospec ... ers/#Kelly

Last edited by MadThinker88 on February 10, 2021, 9:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)

Posted: November 02, 2020, 10:14 AM Post
I know our farm system is ranked low by “experts” but I actually really like our top 10. Nice mix of pitchers and position players.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2020, 12:55 PM Post
Another listing to add.... (again - free/open source material)

https://razzball.com/top-10-milwaukee-b ... -baseball/

Although a fantasy approach to the list, the player still needs to produce in order to be of value in fantasy or real life..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2020, 2:52 PM Post
While it's always an inexact science comparing one team's farm system to another's, after a year of no minor league play, it's totally a waste of time. Guys emerge and guys fall off every year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2020, 4:57 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
While it's always an inexact science comparing one team's farm system to another's, after a year of no minor league play, it's totally a waste of time. Guys emerge and guys fall off every year.

Just to be clear John - I am not comparing the lists of one team to another team. I was looking for some items for CLE and came across some lists already posted for MKE. I figured (like past years) Brewer fans would be interested in the thoughts/ opinions of others related to MKE prospects, so I posted the links here.

I will also share (once located) the various groups that rank the various farm systems. Those rankings are the work done by Fangraphs/ Baseball America/ etc...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 18, 2020, 6:09 PM Post
FYI - Baseball Prospectus is scheduled to release its Brewers top 10 on 12/18/20..
Just in case anyone else wanted to communicate the names (but not other info) from behind the paywall.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 25, 2020, 3:48 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Not RJ Anderson's best effort with CBS Sports

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:30 AM Post
Yeah, don't actually have an issue with his type 4, probably higher on Zamora than most but understandable if you communicate with scouts that are high on him. However, real hard to put Brown at 5 when the Brewers have neglected to protect him two years in a row. Would think Feliciano would have to be somewhere in the Brewers top 5.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 25, 2020, 12:55 PM Post
It looks like he is also not aware the Brewers sign Latin players. Not a very in depth prospect review.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 25, 2020, 1:59 PM Post
Hedbert Perez being on the 60 man player pool and being so young should certainly deserve at least a mention.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 30, 2020, 7:35 PM Post
MadThinker88 said:
Might as well get this thread rolling.

I spent time reviewing a list for CLE & I noticed the MKE list was already posted.
Figured others would be interested.. If I find others today I will update/ edit this posting.

Prospects Worldwide (free/ open source material)
https://prospectsworldwide.com/2020/10/ ... prospects/

Edit to add:
Prospect361 (free/ open source material)
https://prospect361.com/nl-team-prospec ... ers/#Kelly

Prospect worldwide solid writeup and video presented. Well Done.
Tristan Lutz montage of HRs he hit for 2mins makes me do a double take.

If his swing is like that and not just on those HR swings, that is a thing of beauty. That is something that can translate to a big rise. Doesnt read well towards his defense and I'd fast track him as a 1b filling a huge need. By that I mean move him to 1b now, forget the defense improving for OF and advance that bat quicker to the club by 2022. I'm reminded of Kyle Tucker only from the RH side. A kid I absolutely loved for the 2015 draft and quickly became a top 20 prospect.
More to love on Lutz than the Hedbert Perez swing vid. (But he's 17 and it's 1 swing)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 30, 2020, 8:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewcrewdue80 said:
More to love on Lutz than the Hedbert Perez swing vid. (But he's 17 and it's 1 swing)

Perez’s swing is insanely compact with premium bat speed. It’s built to spray the ball with authority to all fields. That is tough not to get really excited about. Lutz has elite bat speed as well, but he is much more of a prototypical pull-side power hitter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 01, 2020, 1:55 AM Post
Eye Black said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

Perez’s swing is insanely compact with premium bat speed. It’s built to spray the ball with authority to all fields. That is tough not to get really excited about. Lutz has elite bat speed as well, but he is much more of a prototypical pull-side power hitter.

Yep just a take it for what is a 1swing viewed comparison. I'd take Lutz if this were picking a school yard team draft. [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 7:38 AM Post
The Brewers gave Medina more money than Perez. They must have liked him more? Do you all feel Perez has a better future?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 7:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
Soupbone said:
The Brewers gave Medina more money than Perez. They must have liked him more? Do you all feel Perez has a better future?

Medina was considered a slightly better prospect by some at the time of the signings, but as often happens with teenage international prospects things can change quickly. Hedbert Perez is now ranked the 3rd best prospect in the Brewers system according to Baseball America (behind only Turang and Mitchell), and has reportedly shown impact hitting skills ever since he was signed. He was the youngest player at any MLB team alternate site this past summer, his trajectory as a prospect has sky rocketed since his signing back in 2019.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 9:18 AM Post
Maybe the Brewers finally strike it rich with an international signing. After ignoring it for much too long. The Brewer farm system needs to produce impact players somehow.Our prospect list ranking needs to be much higher for us to remain competitive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2020, 6:59 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Soupbone said:

Medina was considered a slightly better prospect by some at the time of the signings, but as often happens with teenage international prospects things can change quickly. Hedbert Perez is now ranked the 3rd best prospect in the Brewers system according to Baseball America (behind only Turang and Mitchell), and has reportedly shown impact hitting skills ever since he was signed. He was the youngest player at any MLB team alternate site this past summer, his trajectory as a prospect has sky rocketed since his signing back in 2019.

One thing to remember with international signings is that teams often agree to these deals well before they are technically allowed to. So a 14 year old Medina may have seemed like the better prospect than 14 year old Hedbert. But by the time they were actually signing 2 years later, Hedbert could have been the clear better prospect (which based on everything that has happened since their signings, appears to be the case).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
Well lets hope that they both live up to the hype. And start a run of international signings that turn to gold.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 16, 2020, 9:18 AM Post
Baseball America has their Brewers Top 10 up. Seems like they're starting to turn the corner into seeing the brewers minors as making progress up the ranks. Some of there stuff on the individual top 10 are pretty glowing. Pretty impressive even that a guy like Eduardo Garcia didn't stay in top 10. Also missing from previous years top 10 are Corey Ray, Tristen Lutz and Zack Brown.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 16, 2020, 10:23 AM Post
I thought it was interesting that they put Antoine Kelly ahead of both Small and Ashby. Also interesting that Jeferson Quero cracked the top 10.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test