LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect & Farm System Rankings (for 2021)

Author Message
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#41

Posted: January 12, 2021, 4:01 PM Post
Posts: 134
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Prospects Live released their top 30 Brewers prospects today

Really enjoyed this write up. I love the individual evaluators giving in depth breakdowns on each of the tools for every player. Interesting that they had some players much higher and much lower than the industry overall. I recommend reading through each report if you have time. Also, the Hedbert hype train does not stop rolling!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#42

Posted: January 12, 2021, 6:16 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 3500
Smichaelis9 said:
Prospects Live released their top 30 Brewers prospects today

Really enjoyed this write up. I love the individual evaluators giving in depth breakdowns on each of the tools for every player. Interesting that they had some players much higher and much lower than the industry overall. I recommend reading through each report if you have time. Also, the Hedbert hype train does not stop rolling!


Thanks for sharing, agree that the individual write ups were pretty comprehensive. Arrow is definitely starting to point up a little bit on the farm & picking 15th in each round this year should hopefully help add some more depth.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#43

Posted: January 12, 2021, 6:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2323
And don’t forget about the international signings. I really like what we’ve done there the past couple of years.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#44

Posted: January 18, 2021, 8:11 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2323
Baseball America has Turang and Mitchell at 88 and 91 on their preseason top 100 list.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#45

Posted: January 18, 2021, 9:06 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 3500
wibadgers23 said:
Baseball America has Turang and Mitchell at 88 and 91 on their preseason top 100 list.


Nice to see.

Why do I feel like this will receive much less BF.net traction than when BA ranked our farm system the worst in all of MLB?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#46

Posted: January 19, 2021, 7:17 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 54791
PitcherList's Top 50 Brewers Prospects (Fantasy Dynasty Purposes) - oh, includes position players...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#47

Posted: January 21, 2021, 10:38 PM Post
Posts: 1479
Location: Ohio
Another listing for review..
Prospect Lovers
https://b-harper34.blogspot.com/2021/01 ... pects.html

Whoever is doing this blog is most likely in Japan as every team listing page 1st loads in Japanese. Make sure your computer has Google translate activated.. He has been posting his prospect lists/ thoughts for a couple years now.
The list goes 20+1 deep.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#48

Posted: January 22, 2021, 11:05 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 9368
Baseball Prospectus released their top 101 yesterday and it did not include any Brewers. Today they released the "just missed" list of an additional 14 players and that also did not included any Brewers. In some of the follow-up conversations Jeffrey Paternostro indicated Turang and Mitchell would've likely fallen into their #125-to-#150 range.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#49

Posted: January 28, 2021, 10:43 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6501
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Keith Law put up his top 100 prospects today:

https://theathletic.com/2338178/2021/01 ... ects-2021/

Brewers related:
95. Garrett Mitchell, OF, Milwaukee, Age: 22
96. Brice Turang, SS, Milwaukee, Age: 21


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#50

Posted: January 28, 2021, 11:31 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 9368
nate82 said:
Keith Law put up his top 100 prospects today:

https://theathletic.com/2338178/2021/01 ... ects-2021/

Brewers related:
95. Garrett Mitchell, OF, Milwaukee, Age: 22
96. Brice Turang, SS, Milwaukee, Age: 21

The Rays had 8 players in the top 70 of that list. Sort of incredible to think the Brewers have two top 100 prospects, but they would rank #9 and #10 in the Rays system.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#51

Posted: January 28, 2021, 2:11 PM Post
Posts: 1479
Location: Ohio
Eye Black said:
nate82 said:
Keith Law put up his top 100 prospects today:

https://theathletic.com/2338178/2021/01 ... ects-2021/

Brewers related:
95. Garrett Mitchell, OF, Milwaukee, Age: 22
96. Brice Turang, SS, Milwaukee, Age: 21

The Rays had 8 players in the top 70 of that list. Sort of incredible to think the Brewers have two top 100 prospects, but they would rank #9 and #10 in the Rays system.


The Rays still have a top 3 farm system (likely the best)
The MKE pair would be 6 & 7 in the CLE system..

Keith Law's Top 100 & Cleveland prospects making the list:
12. Triston McKenzie (RHP)
42. Bo Naylor (C)
76. George Valera (OF)
78. Tyler Freeman (SS/2B)
86. Nolan Jones (3B/ OF)
99. Brayan Rocchio (SS)

To think neither Gabriel Arias (SDP/ Clevinger trade) or Andres Gimenez (NyM/ Lindor trade) are eligible for on the list. This is why flipping Amed Rosario is even a possible consideration for CLE..


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#52

Posted: January 28, 2021, 7:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2323
Mitchell comes in at 65 and Turang at 96 on MLB Pipeline’s top 100 list.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#53

Posted: January 28, 2021, 7:40 PM Post
Posts: 1479
Location: Ohio
wibadgers23 said:
Mitchell comes in at 65 and Turang at 96 on MLB Pipeline’s top 100 list.


In case anyone wants to follow the entire listing be released tonight..
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-top-100-pr ... t-for-2021


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#54

Posted: January 28, 2021, 8:14 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 9368
MadThinker88 said:
wibadgers23 said:
Mitchell comes in at 65 and Turang at 96 on MLB Pipeline’s top 100 list.


In case anyone wants to follow the entire listing be released tonight..
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-top-100-pr ... t-for-2021

Quite a bit different overall from the Keith Law list. Looks like just three Indians made this MLB Pipeline top 100 list, Nolan Jones (#36), Triston McKenzie (#51), SS Tyler Freeman (#98).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#55

Posted: January 28, 2021, 8:26 PM Post
Posts: 1479
Location: Ohio
Eye Black said:
MadThinker88 said:
wibadgers23 said:
Mitchell comes in at 65 and Turang at 96 on MLB Pipeline’s top 100 list.


In case anyone wants to follow the entire listing be released tonight..
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-top-100-pr ... t-for-2021

Quite a bit different overall from the Keith Law list. Looks like just three Indians made this MLB Pipeline top 100 list, Nolan Jones (#36), Triston McKenzie (#51), SS Tyler Freeman (#98).


True and only 7 TB Rays in total and 3 of those were between #84 & #90....


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#56

Posted: January 30, 2021, 5:22 AM Post
Posts: 1350
Having followed them for a few years now, it always seems to me like the MLB Pipeline lists tend to put more weight on the draft positions. Early round picks will always show up high on the team lists (and some in the overall lists) and always (or nearly always) in the same order they were taken. More inertia in the system. Which is neither good or bad, just is. But also tends to lead to them differing somewhat from BA/Fangraphs/BP for example. And Keith Law will do his own thing.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#57

Posted: January 30, 2021, 9:06 AM Post
Posts: 1479
Location: Ohio
Lathund said:
Having followed them for a few years now, it always seems to me like the MLB Pipeline lists tend to put more weight on the draft positions. Early round picks will always show up high on the team lists (and some in the overall lists) and always (or nearly always) in the same order they were taken. More inertia in the system. Which is neither good or bad, just is. But also tends to lead to them differing somewhat from BA/Fangraphs/BP for example. And Keith Law will do his own thing.


Good way to put it..
Each ranking/ listing has some built in bias/ flaws. That is why it is a good practice to look at multiple sources to hopefully get a more well rounded picture (be it of the MKE prospects/ or top 100 prospects/ or the ranking of farm systems).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#58

Posted: February 01, 2021, 11:13 AM Post
Posts: 1350
Not prospect rankings per se, but the PECOTA spreadsheet was published today. That is the raw data without playing time or park adjustments or anything. It's basically projecting a ton of players from each organization, and former players who haven't appeared for other teams; so Brewers list includes Matt Albers and Brett Anderson, Cubs has Addison Russell and so forth. From a "prospect" point of view it's interesting because while Yelich and Cain as #1 and #2 in terms of WARP on the team is hardly surprising, #3 and #4 are... Luis Castro and Cooper Hummel. Which is quite surprising tbh, even if Hummel hit very well in AA in 2019 and Castro absolutely crushed it in A+ (1.001 OPS in 475 PAs). Yet Hummel was unprotected (and wasn't taken) in the Rule 5 draft, and Castro was let go by the Rockies after that monster season. So you'dthink that the teams don't really expect their performance to carry up the levels. But PECOTA does. For comparison, Castro isn't projected by ZiPS, while ZiPS projects Hummel for 76 wRc+.

Now purely looking at minor league stats without context is a bad way to scout, but projections like this can still be of some interest to use alongside scouting. Projections will after all look at which minor league statistical attributes tend to best correlate with major league success and such. What they'll miss are players who hit well because they're older, stronger or simply feasting on poor control and underdeveloped changeups.

I have absolutely no idea how the Brewers view either of these two players, just thought it was curious enough to share.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#59

Posted: February 01, 2021, 1:49 PM Post
Posts: 134
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
wibadgers23 said:
Mitchell comes in at 65 and Turang at 96 on MLB Pipeline’s top 100 list.

Based on this Tweet it sounds like Hedbert wasn’t too far away from the top 100. Would be pretty cool to see him crack it at the mid season update! Talk about a crazy climb since being signed. Obviously Baseball America was all over it from the start, but nobody else saw him coming. Could end up being one helluva find by the Crew.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Misc. Offseason Brewers Prospect Rankings (for 2021)
#60

Posted: February 01, 2021, 2:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2323
Antoine Kelly is probably another guy who’s close to being in the top 100, just based off the reports coming out over the past couple months.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: damuelle and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test