LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  [ 696 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

DDSM (Double Diamond Sports Management)

Offline  Re: DDSM (Double Diamond Sports Management)
Posted: September 01, 2019, 1:47 PM Post
Yes, me too. I was wondering about the context. Best of luck to JJ. I hope he gets fair value this time. I also hope once the Brewers settle their roster for 2019, that maybe they can bring him back for around $2-2.5 million. It’s shocking that some in the majors forum are acting like this is a typical year in his career. This is a fluke. He still throws hard. He just needs to hit the ground running next year

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 11:34 AM Post
Did this guy imply on Twitter that JJ had some sort of personal setback and then it turn out simply that Jeremy decided to find other representation?

My career is fine. Walking away from someone you love is the hardest thing someone has to do. Lines have to be drawn.

This all feels pretty gross.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 11:48 AM Post
True Blue Brew Crew said:
Did this guy imply on Twitter that JJ had some sort of personal setback and then it turn out simply that Jeremy decided to find other representation?

My career is fine. Walking away from someone you love is the hardest thing someone has to do. Lines have to be drawn.

This all feels pretty gross.

Agreed. Optics look pretty terrible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Josh has proven to not be the most couth in his discourse. Who knows what really happened. FWIW, JJ already has a new agent. I can't imagine he would have found new representation that quickly if he was having any sort of relapse. Seems like he probably just wanted new management.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 11:54 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Josh has proven to not be the most couth in his discourse. Who knows what really happened. FWIW, JJ already has a new agent. I can't imagine he would have found new representation that quickly if he was having any sort of relapse. Seems like he probably just wanted new management.

Agreed with everything you said. And frankly with JJ's career moving into the latter stages, he has more chances of latching onto a team if he has more seasoned representation.

I'll withhold judgement on Josh's tweet about "walking away" and "drawing a line in the sand" until we find out more information, but agree that it is a really odd thing to insinuate JJ had a relapse (or crossed some other line) and that you chose to terminate the relationship and he winds up with new representation 3 days later.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: DDSM (Double Diamond Sports Management)
Posted: November 26, 2019, 12:07 PM Post
Regardless that tweet is incredibly lame. I guess it shouldn't be surprising said person would take the low road in that situation. Wonder how other clients would view him throwing an old client under the bus like that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 7:07 PM Post
Looks like Josh was offended JJ decided to sign with Roc Nation, as evidenced by the Nas lyrics in a recent tweet.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 9:16 AM Post
His twitter history in general is pretty ugly. And there were some posts made here that raised flags. Good riddance. Hopefully no other players in the Brewers organization get linked up with this guy. I'll leave it at that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 9:32 AM Post
wow shocked about the whole thing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 5:28 PM Post
It frankly blows me away that anyone would choose this guy after considering his Twitter feed.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: DDSM (Double Diamond Sports Management)
Posted: November 27, 2019, 6:05 PM Post
Seriously guys? Yeah the JJ thing looks bad. Yeah I wouldn't have made that comment on Twitter. Beyond that, what happened between them is really none of our business nor place to speculate on what happened or assign blame to either party.

But still, the guy was nice enough to show us a little bit of the inside of that part of the business. I thought that was pretty cool and no need to just trash him now.
Yeah, he obviously isn't a big time guy in the business but he was always open about sharing his perspectives and answering our questions.

Best of luck to JJ with Roc Nation and I also wish Josh well in his professional future.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 6:26 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Seriously guys? Yeah the JJ thing looks bad. Yeah I wouldn't have made that comment on Twitter. Beyond that, what happened between them is really none of our business nor place to speculate on what happened or assign blame to either party.

But still, the guy was nice enough to show us a little bit of the inside of that part of the business. I thought that was pretty cool and no need to just trash him now.
Yeah, he obviously isn't a big time guy in the business but he was always open about sharing his perspectives and answering our questions.

Best of luck to JJ with Roc Nation and I also wish Josh well in his professional future.

Ditto. I thought it was really cool that an agent posted here from time to time. Little bit of a different personality for sure, but still seemed like a decent enough guy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 28, 2019, 8:37 AM Post
Didn't he have a blow up HERE? Something something smoke, fire.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 5:32 PM Post

Yes. He started a thread about collusion. Totally blasted anyone who didn't agree with him by attacking them and other non-sense. Probably should have been banned. If you follow him on Twitter you'll see how unhinged he is.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 6:46 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Yes. He started a thread about collusion. Totally blasted anyone who didn't agree with him by attacking them and other non-sense. Probably should have been banned. If you follow him on Twitter you'll see how unhinged he is.

Yep, that was it, now I remember. Thanks

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 1:32 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Cain, Brantley, the Mets' Seth Lugo, all former clients. Jeffress by far was Josh's longest-tenured big leaguer, not sure if he has any active MLB-level clients as of today.

Can't be easy for the smaller agency operations to keep their more prominent clients as their careers begin to flourish. That being said, even maintaining a single client earning a seven-figure yearly salary will go a long way to maintaining one's practice. One reason Jeffress' departure will hurt.

Just went back and reviewed the first ten or so pages of the thread (2007-2008), those were pretty cool interactions at the time.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  [ 696 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test