LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

30 of 46 have signed - Latest: Rice's Bramhall Added to List

Offline  30 of 46 have signed - Latest: Rice's Bramhall Added to List

Posted: June 27, 2007, 1:35 AM Post
Suprised to hear that he thought they had everyone signed that they wanted. A decent round pick was spent on Bramhill. Also the interviews with Scarpetta said he would sign when his broken finger was proved healed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 3:30 AM Post
What jack Z meant was they signed everyone they wanted signed for now. They'll likely sign a few more at the end of the summer. Scarpetta is recovery from a finger injury, and will likely be signed if he proves to be healthy. The team will follow many of the younger draftees through the summer, and then decide who to spend on, like they did last year with RJ Seidel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 3:31 AM Post
He said "at this time", which to me they don't want to sign an injured highschool pitcher. If he heals up great, if not, why waste the money?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 2:22 PM Post
Quote:
He said "at this time", which to me they don't want to sign an injured highschool pitcher. If he heals up great, if not, why waste the money?

I was actually really encouraged by this, to me it sounds like he's saying that they've got a signing bonus both parties are willing to agree on, the Brewers have just told him that they want to see how quickly he recovers and what he looks like after it heals before being willing to pay above slot.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test