LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-03-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - 2:05 PM CST [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Offline  2012-03-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - 2:05 PM CST [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:46 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Your home team lineup in Maryvale:

2B Rickie Weeks
CF Nyjer Morgan
LF Ryan Braun
3B Aramis Ramirez
1B Mat Gamel
SS Alex Gonzalez
C Jonathan Lucroy
DH Brooks Conrad
RF Carlos Gomez
RHP Zack Greinke

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-03-08 Reds at Brewers (Greinke) - 2:05 PM CST

Posted: March 08, 2012, 12:07 PM Post
Carlos Gomez, who might be the best defensive OF in baseball, not playing CF when he plays?

Sigh.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-03-08 Reds at Brewers (Greinke) - 2:05 PM CST

Posted: March 08, 2012, 12:24 PM Post
Baldkin said:
Carlos Gomez, who might be the best defensive OF in baseball, not playing CF when he plays?

Sigh.

Hopefully its just a spring training thing to get him a few innings out there in case of an emergency because RRR said not more than a few days ago that he wasn't going to mess around with having "Gomey" play RF too much because he is an elite defender in CF.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-03-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - 2:05 PM CST [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Posted: March 08, 2012, 2:09 PM Post
The problem with that is what emergency would require him to play RF. Im hoping its just to let others get some CF time.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-03-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - 2:05 PM CST [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Posted: March 08, 2012, 2:58 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
As a quick reminder, our chatroom is now available. [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2012, 3:20 PM Post
For those not listening, Gamel hit a solo no doubter jack to right and Braun hit a 2 run laser off the top of the batter's eye. Also, BA said Gamel apologized for his in game interview the other day. Gamel said he heard himself talking on the head set and thought he sounded so dumb that he didn't want to talk anymore. Thought that was pretty funny

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: March 08, 2012, 4:08 PM Post
young guns said:
The problem with that is what emergency would require him to play RF. Im hoping its just to let others get some CF time.

We only have 8 players and decide to play with just two OF's. Or decide to go softball style and play 5IF the whole game.

Those are the only two options.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2012, 4:20 PM Post
Just tuned in on gameday audio and a big jack by Gindl. So happy to hear some baseball!!

Why do we get BA & Rock on the radio instead of the new guy Joe Block? Does anybody know when/if Block will be covering the games on the radio?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: March 08, 2012, 4:37 PM Post
Polish Falcons said:
Just tuned in on gameday audio and a big jack by Gindl. So happy to hear some baseball!!

Why do we get BA & Rock on the radio instead of the new guy Joe Block? Does anybody know when/if Block will be covering the games on the radio?

He does the games covered by WTMJ with Ueck, although I believe he will be teaming up with Rock and BA on some webcasts as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2012, 5:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
I know we prob want Gomez in CF always between him and Nyjer but Gomez has a cannon and that might make him a better fit for RF. That being said, I think RRR always had Nyjer in RF when they were both in the game last year. At least I think.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2012, 6:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
I missed the game. Did Mike Leake steal anything?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: March 08, 2012, 9:49 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
jjkoestler said:
I missed the game. Did Mike Leake steal anything?

It's good to know I'm not the only one who still thinks of theft upon hearing the name "Mike Leake."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply