LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 179 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-06 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT (OPENING DAY)

Offline  2012-04-06 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT (OPENING DAY)

Posted: April 06, 2012, 2:17 AM Post
Global Moderator

April 6 | 3:10 P.M.

Cardinals (1-0) | Brewers (0-0)
FSN HD | WTMJ 620
ImageImage
0-0, -.-- ERA, -.-- WHIP
Versus Brewers | Game Log
Perhaps Garcia is poised for another big step forward as he prepares for his third full season as a big league starter. The sole lefty in the rotation, Garcia had an up-and-down spring, but he did so last year, too, and started the season strong.
0-0, -.-- ERA, -.-- WHIP
Versus Cardinals | Game Log
Gallardo will be the fourth Brewers pitcher to start three Opening Days, and is halfway to Ben Sheets' club-record six openers. The Cards have given Gallardo trouble; he's 1-7 with a 5.66 ERA in 11 regular season starts.
Starting Lineups
  1. SS Rafael Furcal
  2. RF Carlos Beltran
  3. LF Matt Holliday
  4. 1B Lance Berkman
  5. 3B David Freese
  6. C Yadier Molina
  7. CF Jon Jay
  8. 2B Daniel Descalso
  9. LHP Jaime Garcia
  1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. CF Carlos Gomez
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. SS Alex Gonzalez
  7. 1B Mat Gamel
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Yovani Gallardo

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2012-04-06 OPENING DAY, Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 06, 2012, 6:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
Let's get this thing going! It's Opening Day! Go Brewers! For those of you who will be at Miller Park today, have fun and don't act like Cubs fans.

Here's Ron Roenicke's Opening Day lineup, via Mike Vassallo on Twitter:

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-06 OPENING DAY, Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 06, 2012, 6:48 AM Post
Gomez in the two hole. Sigh.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2012-04-06 OPENING DAY, Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 06, 2012, 7:01 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I'm taking this opening day off for the first time in about a decade, spending it at the beach with my visiting family instead. Might catch some of the game later this afternoon, but if not, Go Brewers and make this another special year!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-06 OPENING DAY, Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 06, 2012, 7:09 AM Post
Opening Day!!!

So excited to have meaningful baseball games back! Not so excited about the Gonzalez batting 6th ahead of Gamel thing. Let's win today.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2012-04-06 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT (OPENING DAY)

Posted: April 06, 2012, 7:35 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Welcome back, baseball. I've looked forward to you since the evening of October 16.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:09 AM Post
lukevan said:
Opening Day!!!

Not so excited about the Gonzalez batting 6th ahead of Gamel thing. Let's win today.

pretendastronaut has Gamel listed as 6th, though. Is that just a typo, or did Roenicke change his mind?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-06 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT (OPENING DAY)

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:15 AM Post
Global Moderator
Man, I'm really excited to see how we look today. Nothing better than an opening day win, and nothing more crushing than an opening day loss. Let's get the win and start the talk of 162-0.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:27 AM Post
Glennron said:
lukevan said:
Opening Day!!!

Not so excited about the Gonzalez batting 6th ahead of Gamel thing. Let's win today.

pretendastronaut has Gamel listed as 6th, though. Is that just a typo, or did Roenicke change his mind?

Gomez 2nd.... ugh

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-06 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT (OPENING DAY)

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:31 AM Post
Unfortunately the Bud drinkers are 1-0 on the season, lets bring them back to .500 where they will hover around all season long.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:31 AM Post
^Yeah, I figured I had just been getting my hopes up. Oh well. I'm trying hard to not be annoyed with the batting order before the season even starts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:34 AM Post
BradWI said:

Gomez 2nd.... ugh

Not to mention 2 first baseman! What are you thinking RRR, Gonzo cant have that good of range

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
Glennron said:
lukevan said:
Opening Day!!!

No, I had entered that lineup as a guess when I pre-set this up last night. The Cardinals lineup is a guess right now too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:46 AM Post
Who would be better hitting 2nd? Hart at 2 and Gamel at 5? Not crazy about Gomez hitting there but not many choices.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 8:46 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
For those of you who will be at Miller Park today, have fun and don't act like Cubs fans.

Don't act like Cardinals fans either. How many times am I going to have to mutter something about glass houses under my breath after the classiest fans in the universe take aim on Ryan?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 9:15 AM Post
Gomez is probably the 8th best hitter in that lineup, so the suggestion that there may be no one better to bat 2nd is a hard one for me to stomach. Hell, Gallardo isn't even that much worse than him as a hitter.

It's just the same, dogmatic philosophies of the old school managers. Many franchises have moved on but not the Brewers. The good news is that Gomez will play himself out of that lineup spot before June. It's just pretty unbelievable that RR has already forgotten he was embarrassed by his assessment of Gomez's offensive abilities last year.

Lineup order aside, there is a lot of upside in that lineup overall. Lucroy and Gamel, I'm looking at you!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 9:20 AM Post
Global Moderator
OPENING DAY by Terry Cashman

VERSE
Well, I count up the days in a winter haze
Since the leaves began to fall.
Now it won’t be long ‘til the sun comes shining through.

When the camps start breakin,’ my spirits awaken
To an irresistible call,
Of an old American song that’s always new

CHORUS
And the robin is here,
The sky is so blue.
There’s a band, there’s music
And the flags are flying, too.
The grass is so green,
It’s like never before,
It’s Opening Day,
I can be a kid once more.

VERSE
Now will the champs repeat in the summer heat?
Will the races go down to the wire?
In April ev’ry team has a chance to wear the ring.

And there’s a rookie phenom
Who tore up the farm,
And the fans never seem to get tired
Of chasing the dreams that dance in the air ev’ry spring.

CHORUS
Yeah, the robin is here,
And the sky is so blue.
There’s a band, and there’s music,
The flags are flying, too.
The grass is so green,
It’s like never before,
Yeah, it’s Opening Day,
I can be a kid once more.

BRIDGE
So open the gates
And let the people in.
Let the games begin.
And may the home team always win!

CHORUS
The robin is here,
The sky, so blue.
There’s a band, and there’s music,
And the flags are flyin’, too.
The grass is so green,
It’s like never before,
It’s Opening Day,
Yes, it’s Opening Day,
It’s Opening Day
And we all can be kids once more.

GO BREWERS!!!!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 9:35 AM Post
Is it wrong to miss County Stadium?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 9:37 AM Post
For the 2nd spring training in a row, Gomez walked 1 time!

2011: 63 AB, 1 BB
2012: 66 AB, 1 BB

Career number vs lefties:
557 PA, .242/.287/.392

This is who Roenicke picks to hit in front of Ryan Braun.

How many times today will he try to bunt for a hit while running to first base, resulting in a horrible foul bunt, at least once.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2012, 10:02 AM Post
Gomez will bring some excitement to the game today. IF he gets on base, he'll distract Garcia enough to give Ryan some juice right down the middle of the plate to hit out. Have faith in Gomez. Roenicke just doesn't want to deviate too much from the daily lineup. Gonzalez had a great spring as well. I have no problem with the lineup. See how it goes. Have some faith. It's the first game of the year.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 179 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply