LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 63 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Greinke), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0]

Online  Re: 2012-04-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Greinke), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0]

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:06 PM Post
I wish Yadier Molina would complain after a called strike. He seems to be so even tempered.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Greinke), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0]

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
Is it just me, or does Molina just assume that every single pitch that he doesn't swing at, not a strike?

I don't remember the last time he didn't jaw at an umpire on a called strike 3.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:08 PM Post
SoCal Brew Crew Fan said:
Is Greinke working on a FIP one-hitter?

Good 3B stop Freese's 1 hit.....

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Greinke), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0]

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:12 PM Post
I think FOX only has the one channel, so that's the channel they want their ratings on. therefore, you're not able to watch any other baseball. DirecTV can't show the games on another channel, because FOX has "exclusive" rights in the window of when they're broadcasting (between 4 and 7 EST).

I don't know if that's a sufficient explanation....but there really isn't a sufficient explanation when it comes to MLB and their blackout policy.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:12 PM Post
LouisEly said:

OK, so why doesn't Fox have a channel on Direct TV that shows the game? All of the Fox channels here are showing Red Sox - Tigers.

Not sure if you want a real answer, but it is so that it doesn't cut into affiliate's ratings

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:19 PM Post
Time to unleash 6 outs of fury!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:25 PM Post
Brewers finally get a break. Didn't like the Freese safe call or ARam getting put down on a check swing. Let's just call that a make-up call.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:27 PM Post
coolcool said:
Brewers finally get a break. Didn't like the Freese safe call or ARam getting put down on a check swing. Let's just call that a make-up call.

It is almost always called like that. Karros was just bored. Basically if it gets in the glove the out at 2B is given.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
With Axford rocking the George Armstrong Custer look I'm just happy they aren't playing the Indians today.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:46 PM Post
pebadger said:
With Axford rocking the George Armstrong Custer look I'm just happy they aren't playing the Indians today.

[laughing] This made me laugh out loud. Excellent call.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Greinke), 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:47 PM Post
I know most people are down on Gomez but what if this is the season he puts it all together. I have watched all but one aired game this season and he has been stinging the ball. To be fair I had he last season in fantasy when his first ab was a homer, but if he actually puts it all together that would make things very interesting.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Greinke), 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:56 PM Post
Menace II Sobriety said:
I know most people are down on Gomez but what if this is the season he puts it all together. I have watched all but one aired game this season and he has been stinging the ball. To be fair I had he last season in fantasy when his first ab was a homer, but if he actually puts it all together that would make things very interesting.

People said that about Corey Patterson his entire career.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 4:59 PM Post
Menace II Sobriety said:
I have watched all but one aired game this season and he has been stinging the ball.

Made me chuckle.

Gomez's problem is that he's a pretty big airhead. He needs to put the ball in play and stop swinging for the fences so often. He has incredible speed and needs to utilize it. He should be able to drop a few bunts down and beat out infield singles. He can't do this when he's busy trying to hit one out early in the count. I hope he has a great year and it justifies leaving him in the outfield to run-around.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 5:07 PM Post
I understand the reaction and I agree w/ the Patterson comparison. I am not a Gomez homer, I was only thinking in relation to the long term CF situation if Gomez could actually bring it all together things would get interesting. He is what he is, but give me at least 2 weeks to be optimistic before I start railing on people.

Edit: I am only saying that he has been making consistent hard contact. Not that I encourage swinging for the fences every pitch. I realize he needs to walk more but once one thing starts working other things can fall into place.

If Gomez has a good season with Logan and Morgan around it would make the CF position very interesting coming into next season.

Last edited by Menace II Sobriety on April 07, 2012, 5:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 5:13 PM Post
Menace II Sobriety said:
I understand the reaction and I agree w/ the Patterson comparison. I am not a Gomez homer, I was only thinking in relation to the long term CF situation if Gomez could actually bring it all together things would get interesting. He is what he is, but give me at least 2 weeks to be optimistic before I start railing on people.

Gomez walked once in spring training.

Until he learns what is and what isn't a strike he won't put anything together.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 5:14 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Hey! The Brewers are off the schneid! I guess the Ryan Braun drama won't cause an 0-162 season.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 5:35 PM Post
hawing said:
Hey! The Brewers are off the schneid! I guess the Ryan Braun drama won't cause an 0-162 season.

Yes but Roenicke made it impossible for Kottaras to homer in every game

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 7:12 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Baldkin said:
Well, let's see how long I can stand Thom and Karros.

I didn't last long. Man, they were awful.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 7:35 PM Post
Good game by the Brewers today. Greinke was lights out and Braun had some tremendous at-bats against Wainwright

Corey (who needs Spring Training?) Hart was amazing today

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2012, 7:45 PM Post
wow nice to the Crew with a SO today and Zac stats were great even though my Fox game was Bost and DET.

Please lets sign him fast and Melvin gotta get it done

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 63 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply