LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 81 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-08 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

Offline  Re: 2012-04-08 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

Posted: April 08, 2012, 2:51 PM Post
Already grown tired of Ishakawa

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:

Posted: April 08, 2012, 2:53 PM Post
turborickey said:
coolcool said:
It's not like Gamel has looked any form of component today.

In a game like this, you leave Gamel in the game. Let the kid play, taking him out does not make our chances to win any better. All it does is shake his confidence when he continuously gets yanked for stupid reasons that our manager creates.

Not saying it was a good call, just pointing out they both looked bad.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-08 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:01 PM Post
It isn't necessarily a horrible or bad move. It is however troubling considering the organization's past treatment of Gamel and the manager's use of Kotsay last year along with his comment about Ishikawa being this year's Kotsay.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:07 PM Post
RR isn't going to change, we are going to have to deal with his shenanigans all season long, just like last year...

I want to like him, but can't.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2012-04-08 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:09 PM Post
I honestly thing people are overreacting to the double switch. It was just a normal double switch, allowing Estrada to go multiple innings. I really don't have an issue with it. Honestly I think it made no difference at all in the game. Would it have been better if he would have just pinch hit Ishikawa and removed Estrada from the game forcing us to use another pitcher?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:11 PM Post
Lol Cameron Loe

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2012-04-08 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:12 PM Post
See Kameron Loe is back to his old tricks.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:14 PM Post
MVP2110 said:
I honestly thing people are overreacting to the double switch. It was just a normal double switch, allowing Estrada to go multiple innings. I really don't have an issue with it. Honestly I think it made no difference at all in the game. Would it have been better if he would have just pinch hit Ishikawa and removed Estrada from the game forcing us to use another pitcher?

He could have brought Loe in earlier and brought Estrada in after the lineup changed over. We will see in the future if this was just a double switch or the beginning of the manager having an overfondness for Ishikawa. Loe can pitch before the 7th inning.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Re:

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:41 PM Post
logan82 said:
MVP2110 said:

He could have brought Loe in earlier and brought Estrada in after the lineup changed over. We will see in the future if this was just a double switch or the beginning of the manager having an overfondness for Ishikawa. Loe can pitch before the 7th inning.

yes he could have. but honestly its one of those decisions where there are so many options you can use that somebody is bound to be dissapointed by it. But in the grand scheme of things I dont really think it mattered all that much even if they would have kept the game close. Gamel was o-fer on the day and Aoki scored a run in his place so one could argue that it did work out

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 3:43 PM Post
MVP2110 said:
logan82 said:
MVP2110 said:
Gamel was o-fer on the day and Aoki scored a run in his place so one could argue that it did work out

Yep, that is true... I don't like jerking Gamel around though. Would RR ever double-switch out Hart, Ramirez or Weeks in the 5th or 6th inning? Of course not, so he shouldn't do that to Gamel either

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 4:03 PM Post

GIF Master
It was just a double-switch.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 08, 2012, 4:06 PM Post
dlk9s said:

Maybe. If this had happened in mid-May it would be different. At this point it only reinforces fears about an undesirable pattern of behavior from last year.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 4:08 PM Post
Gamel doesn't have the credibility that Hart, Ramirez or Weeks has. Each of those guys is proven on the Major League level as 30 HR players. Gamel hasn't proven anything on the major league level. In the 2 ABs that I saw Gamel today, I'm pretty sure he struck out in the minimum amount of pitches.

People shouldn't be getting worked up about Gamel getting pulled as part of a double switch. He's still the everyday starter, it was just a move that made sense today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 4:28 PM Post
logan82 said:
dlk9s said:

Maybe. If this had happened in mid-May it would be different. At this point it only reinforces fears about an undesirable pattern of behavior from last year.

This^

THAT is what sickens me, the thought of seeing these moves day in and day out............AGAIN!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 7:46 PM Post
I didn't like the double switch of Gamel either, it seemed like a completely unnecessary move at the time. Was it really so critical a point in the game that having a pitcher bat would have adversely affected the outcome? After the way the game turned out, why not just let Mat get his ABs? The last thing I want to see is Gamel get the Escobar treatment where he sits every 5th game or is pulled purely so some veteran and prove his grittiness with some playing time, just let the players take their lumps.

Yes I know it's only 1 switch in the 3rd game of a 162 game season, but I don't see any reason to maximize Ishakawa's PAs over the course of the season. Let him pinch hit and leave it at that.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 8:58 PM Post
I don't think it was showing a dis-confidence in Gamel as much as it was just a strategic move that made sense that the time to RRR. He was pinch hitting for the pitcher while allowing the Estrada to pitch multiple innings and bringing in a better defender at first. Again I'm not saying I would have done it that way but I think a lot of people are overreacting to the move. Would people have been worked up so much if he did the double switch with Gonzalez? Should RRR just never do a double switch this season

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 9:02 PM Post
Would people have been worked up so much if he did the double switch with Gonzalez?
Yes. As was pointed out there were other more effective moves available.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 08, 2012, 9:12 PM Post
Brewer Fever said:
Already grown tired of Ishakawa

I have also.

I have seen at least 2 times when the pitcher threw a fastball right down the center of the plate to him and he was late by a mile. I'm not one to harp on Roenicke, but so far I don't like the bench that he has put together out side of Aoki. There were better options at the end of Spring Training that he could have put on the Brewers bench and chose not to (Green, Conrad and Maldonado). Don't get me wrong I hope these bench players start hitting and prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2012, 9:22 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
To put things in context, Ishikawa is a guy who put up a sub-.400 SLG in AAA last season... playing in the PCL on a west-coast-based team -- aka the part of AAA that always gets players' good hitting stats questioned since it's so hitter-friendly.

He looks like bat speed (or lack thereof) may be a very valid concern. I just hope that, if he does wind up being barely able to hit MLB pitching (which a .751 OPS at AAA/West-Coast-PCL as a older, non-prospect would suggest), he's not kept around long.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-08 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT

Posted: April 08, 2012, 9:46 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Well, I still like having live baseball back in my life, but I'm now looking forward to April 17, when I'll finally see a team not named STL at Miller Park for the first time since 10/7/2011. And on the brightish side, the Classies only make one more trip to Milwaukee this season, and not until July.

One weird thing from today's game that I don't see mentioned in the IGT was Robb Edwards' uncharacteristic announcing error. For the starting lineup, he announced the Brewers SS as "Alex Rodriguez! Rodriguez!" Then he did it again at A-Rod/A-Gon's first at-bat. Really? No one in the press box said anything after the starting lineups? Robb got a Bronx cheer from the press box area fans once he finally got the name right.

The Brewers are ahead of their 2011 pace after 3 games. It means no more than the 0-3 start did last year, but just saying.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 81 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply