LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 204 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cubs (Volstad), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

Offline  Re:
Posted: April 10, 2012, 6:58 AM Post
fondybrewfan said:
Never let Parra or Dillard in if the game is within 8 runs.

Thats probably a good sign you might want to start searching for somebody better than those two. If you cant trust Parra to get a lefty out with a 4 run lead when can you trust the guy?

Is anyone really surprised? Parra's splits vs. lefties are awful. There was no reason to even tender a contract to Parra, or Loe for that matter too and Dillard shouldn't ever see the 9th inning in a game that close. I'd sure rather have Villanueva, who Melvin just gave to Toronto, instead of any of these guys.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cubs (Volstad), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]
Posted: April 10, 2012, 7:20 AM Post
Low I am fine with but Parra hasn't been effective in quite some time. Dillard is fine as the last guy out of the bullpen. But these guys are a dime a dozen and can surely be replaced by AAA guys. McClendon for example.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cubs (Volstad), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]
Posted: April 10, 2012, 8:50 AM Post
They keep saying that if they sent Parra down to the minors that some other team would claim him because he has "special talent." The same special talent that has yet to blossom in the big leagues. Sure he has potential, but tapping that Parra Potential has been almost impossible. He's got a live arm and throws some great pitches, but is too inconsistent to warrant putting in tight games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:39 AM Post
I would hope Axford isn't used today, kinda early to use him 3 days in a row. K-Rod for the Save tonight would be great

Braun is hitting the ball very well.

Ramirez is what he is, he's never gonna be Brooks Robinson or Mike Schmidt with the glove, but the guy gives deadly great at-bats with runners in scoring position.

I was thrilled to see Gamel get a couple of hits, not only because I'm rooting for the guy, but also the more Gamel succeeds early on the less Roenicke will be inclined to sit him

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 204 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply