LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 127 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Dempster), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Offline  2012-04-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Dempster), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:08 AM Post
Global Moderator

April 11 | 1:20 P.M.

Brewers (3-2) | Cubs (1-4)
FSN HD | WTMJ 620
ImageImage
0-1, 14.73 ERA, 3.27 WHIP
Versus Cubs | Game Log
Gallardo said he "stunk" in his season debut, a loss to the Cardinals in which he surrendered four home runs and did not pitch through the fourth inning. Gallardo is 4-1 with a 2.93 ERA in 10 career starts against the Cubs.
0-0, 1.17 ERA, 0.65 WHIP
Versus Brewers | Game Log
Dempster was in line for the win on Opening Day, but the bullpen blew it. He struck out 10 in the opener against the Nationals, giving up two hits over 7 2/3 innings. He is 15-5 in his career against the Brewers.
Starting Lineups
  1. Norichika Aoki LF
  2. Nyjer Morgan RF
  3. Rickie Weeks 2B
  4. Aramis Ramirez 3B
  5. Mat Gamel 1B
  6. Alex Gonzalez SS
  7. George Kottaras C
  8. Carlos Gomez CF
  9. Yovani Gallardo RHP
  1. David DeJesus RF
  2. Darwin Barney 2B
  3. Starlin Castro SS
  4. Alfonso Soriano LF
  5. Ian Stewart 3B
  6. Bryan LaHair 1B
  7. Geovany Soto C
  8. Marlon Byrd CF
  9. Ryan Dempster RHP

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Dempster), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:15 AM Post
No Braun, No Hart ?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Dempster), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:20 AM Post
No Braun is surprising, but Hart was going to get a day because of his knee. Makes sense. I'm just glad that it's Gamel and not Ishikawa.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Dempster), 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:21 AM Post
You know, it's probably a good thing that you can sit your two best offensive players and still look over your lineup and say .. "that actually could/should work" ... but with that said..

No Braun, Hart, AND Lucroy in the same game? Can't we space the days off and limit the "hurt"?

I want Hart in the game but I am excited to see Aoki get a full game of at bats. Lot of small ball today.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Dempster), 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:23 AM Post
Since when does Braun not face better righties? You dont bench Braun in order to get some other guys at bats. Why doesn't Morgan play CF, Aoki RF and Braun LF???? We are basically playing Carlos Gomez over Ryan Braun today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:26 AM Post
Obviously a radical lineup change from the first 5 games. I like seeing Aoki get a start; Hart getting a day off here and there should be expected especially in the first month or so.

Not sure why Braun is getting a day off already; perhaps he is a little banged up.

Still an OK lineup and better than what the Cubs can throw out there. With Hart & Braun both out I like seeing Weeks at #3. We'll see how it goes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:28 AM Post
We're five games in. Braun does NOT need an off day. What is going on here?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:45 AM Post
I don't get this lineup at all. I was expecting Aoki to play for Hart, but the rest of the moves make no sense. Lucroy and Braun shouldn't need the day off.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:47 AM Post
Braun getting a day off makes absolutely zero sense. He should be a guy that plays all 162. Gomez doesn't need to be in the lineup. Also kind of surprising that Ishikawa isn't in the lineup. I figured Hart and Gamel would be off, and Aoki and Ishikawa would play.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:04 AM Post
I can't explain why Braun is getting the day off better than anybody here. That's odd.

It's also odd that Carlos Gomez hits second in the standard LHP lineup but hits 8th in the AAAA lineup.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:09 AM Post
Global Moderator
I don't think Braun is a 162 game guy. I think he does need days off because he seems to get a lot of little things that get tweaked at times. That being said, I agree it's early but I do think a super cold night game like last night can be tough on the body. I don't mind giving these guys rest in crappy weather. Really easy to pull a hammy if you are a little fatigued and not able to get loose. Kind of excited to see this lineup actually.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:14 AM Post
Funketown said:
I can't explain why Braun is getting the day off better than anybody here. That's odd.

It's also odd that Carlos Gomez hits second in the standard LHP lineup but hits 8th in the AAAA lineup.

With Lucroy out RRR probaby put Gomez, Aoki, Morgan, and Kot's names in a hat and he drew Gomez for 8th.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:18 AM Post
Braun likely isn't a 162 game player, as others have said. He's had little nagging injuries throughout his career. I don't mind seeing him sit occasionally on a day game following a night game....

It is kind of a strange almost Spring Training looking lineup though, but we've got Braun, Hart, Lucroy available to pinch hit.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Izturis get the start tomorrow

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:25 AM Post
Global Moderator
Tweet from McCalvy;

Braun and Lucroy aren't playing today because of some minor chest/ribcage tightness. Not considered a big deal, RRR said. #Brewers

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:26 AM Post
McCalvy just tweeted that Braun and Lucroy aren't playing due to minor chest tightness. So that explains that. Likely from the cold weather last night. Now I can't be upset anymore.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:26 AM Post
Well that answers that

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:27 AM Post
chickinbrickin said:
Funketown said:

With Lucroy out RRR probaby put Gomez, Aoki, Morgan, and Kot's names in a hat and he drew Gomez for 8th.

We're facing Dempster who is a RHP. Gomez doesn't hit RHP well, therefore he bats 8th. He bats 2nd against LHP. Not that hard to figure out. No reason to bat him 2nd when Aoki and Morgan are both playing.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:29 AM Post
RobDeer 45 said:
I don't think Braun is a 162 game guy. I think he does need days off because he seems to get a lot of little things that get tweaked at times. That being said, I agree it's early but I do think a super cold night game like last night can be tough on the body. I don't mind giving these guys rest in crappy weather. Really easy to pull a hammy if you are a little fatigued and not able to get loose. Kind of excited to see this lineup actually.

Couldn't agree with you more. I was expecting Lucroy to get the day off regardless due to a night/day game, but also due to dealing with that cold weather last night. He'll be ready tomorrow's day game.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:

Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:56 AM Post
PrinceEatMeat said:
chickinbrickin said:
Funketown said:

We're facing Dempster who is a RHP. Gomez doesn't hit RHP well, therefore he bats 8th. He bats 2nd against LHP. Not that hard to figure out. No reason to bat him 2nd when Aoki and Morgan are both playing.

I thought the sarcasm was laid on plenty thick in my post.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2012, 11:29 AM Post
I think this is a pretty decent lineup for the guys RR had available. I would have expected something crazy, like Ishikawa bating 3rd.

Last edited by rluzinski on April 11, 2012, 12:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 127 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply