LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:24 PM Post
4 straight singles, and 6 out of 7 hits in the inning against what really is a very poor lineup. Has anything been hit well? Greinke just missing his spots or what?

Edit: Soriano steal? Seriously? And another ground ball single?!??!

Last edited by brwrsfan on April 12, 2012, 1:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:24 PM Post
What a joke of an inning. This is going to be the only way the Cubs win this year - when all of their poorly hit balls drop in for hits

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:25 PM Post

GIF Master
brwrsfan said:
Another one of those huh. The one he hit yesterday I swear was an accident. What is going on here? 3 straight singles? Greinke just lose it or what?

Combination of good hits and "lucky" ones. The double was a bloop, the single after that was a jam-job that the guy muscled into left-center. Pretty legit hits after that until Soriano's luckbox.

And now a little dribbler gets through the shift.

On top of all that, the Lucroy actually did a decent job of blocking a wild pitch, but the runner was really aggressive and made it to third. I don't think most runners would've chanced it. Lucroy made a nice throw to come an eyelash away from getting Soriano at 2nd, too.

Last edited by dlk9s on April 12, 2012, 1:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:26 PM Post
It's innings like this that make it hard for me to get real excited about Greinke. I know his overall numbers are very good. Where do these kind of innings come from with him? How can he look so in control and then turn into Ben Hendrickson?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:27 PM Post
chadomac said:
our pets HEADS ARE FALLING OFF

Harry, I took care of it

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:27 PM Post
Seems like almost any of those hits were just as likely to have turned into that DP we just saw. Baseball, she is fickle.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:28 PM Post

GIF Master
cnycerveceros said:
It's innings like this that make it hard for me to get real excited about Greinke. I know his overall numbers are very good. Where do these kind of innings come from with him? How can he look so in control and then turn into Ben Hendrickson?

Just wondering if you watched the inning. Maybe 2 of the hits were good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:28 PM Post
I'm not watching, but from what I'm gathering, some of this inning was just bad luck. Singles through the shift, a blooper for a double and an accidental swing/broken bat hit to right. It's just a bad combination to get all 3 of those consecutively.

On the flip side, I do see your point to some extent. He didn't seem to have the strike outs or be able to miss many bats.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:29 PM Post
dlk9s said:
cnycerveceros said:

Just wondering if you watched the inning. Maybe 2 of the hits were good.

Listening on the radio, so thanks for the context. Still...what the heck?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:29 PM Post
This is great. 0-0 game when I go to a work meeting at 1 and I come back to see the Cubs put up six runs on 37 consecutive singles.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:30 PM Post
He's sure not a guy I'd invest the kind of money that's being thrown around. The Cubs are a glorified AAA team. According to game day, at least 2 were line drives and one was hit hard enough to get through the infield.

Quote   Reply 

Global Moderator
That inning reminded me of a lot of Bears wins. Score 3 points on offense and 14 points on defense and special teams.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

brwrsfan said:
I'm not watching, but from what I'm gathering, some of this inning was just bad luck. Singles through the shift, a blooper for a double and an accidental swing/broken bat hit to right. It's just a bad combination to get all 3 of those consecutively.

Some luck, but he left some sliders and a cutter up in the zone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:31 PM Post

GIF Master
I say let's just use up all our runbad today so when I go to the game in Atlanta tomorrow night, everything works out.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:33 PM Post

GIF Master
JohnBriggs12 said:
He's sure not a guy I'd invest the kind of money that's being thrown around. The Cubs are a glorified AAA team. According to game day, at least 2 were line drives and one was hit hard enough to get through the infield.

Bloop double, jamshot single, then I missed one of the next two, but one was a liner, Soriano three-quarters swing broken bat blooper on a pitch 3 inches outside, 18-hopper that beat the shift.

Put it this way: Izturis hit his DP ball harder than at least three of those base hits.

Last edited by dlk9s on April 12, 2012, 1:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:34 PM Post
So, I'm not saying it's over, but I am saying 'it looks like one of those days.' I got a two hour meeting to head to, so maybe when I get back from that it'll have turned around in a big way. Here's hoping!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:34 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
cnycerveceros said:
So, I'm not saying it's over, but I am saying 'it looks like one of those days.' I got a two hour meeting to head to, so maybe when I get back from that it'll have turned around in a big way. Here's hoping!

Yeah, you definitely never know with Wrigley Field, but I agree it's sure looking like "one of those days"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:37 PM Post
Normally I wouldn't give up hope down 6 runs early but this just seems like a game that we're bound to lose. That last inning was just brutal. And our offense has been sorta stagnant the last couple of games. A lot of guys have really yet to get going (this means you Weeks, Morgan and Ramirez) and without the HR we seem to have been having some trouble getting runs. HR might be tough to come by today with the wind and Garza seems to be pitching well so this feels like a loss.

Hope I'm somehow proven wrong.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:38 PM Post
Not prepared to say game over yet, the Cubs have a bad bullpen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:39 PM Post
Someone please tell me that wasn't yet another "i'm going to swing so i don't strike out and oh look i somehow hit an opposite field double" by Clevenger.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply