LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:58 PM Post
pebadger said:
Without regard to what happens today, how long do you continue the Parra bullpen residency before you cut bait? I can't see him lasting the whole year. I hope he pitches well enough that he does, but I just don't think it will happen.

His only value is inning eating when the game is already lost, we could probably find someone to do that for league minimum, Ill do it for free. I'm just glad Roenicke refuses to manage his bullpen or he might bring in Parra to face lefties in high leverage situations.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:58 PM Post
With that E-6, how are all 8 of those runs earned? Brian reporting it that way and so is Gameday...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
This is just a bad bad day. Yuck.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:00 PM Post
I'd send Dillard out before Parra. Though I don't think either one is going to make it.

Just saw the gamecast highlights, and yeah, it sure looked like at least 3 of those were just blatant bad luck (Clevenger, Soriano and Stewart all really could have been outs).

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:01 PM Post
Tailgat0r76 said:
With that E-6, how are all 8 of those runs earned? Brian reporting it that way and so is Gameday...

Right now they have it scored as a single + a throwing error which got the runner to second. I don't think that is how it should be ruled but that error did not cost them an out the way it is scored now, so the runs are earned.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:02 PM Post
They gave him an infield single, and then an error on the throw. So the error only moved the runners over, and then another hit followed. I am not watching to see if that's the right call or not, but that's how they scored it. Everyone here seems to think he was out if Gamel covered first base.

Making it easy for Garza too it appears....16 pitches total over the last 2 innings.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:03 PM Post
topper09er said:
Tailgat0r76 said:

Right now they have it scored as a single + a throwing error which got the runner to second. I don't think that is how it should be ruled but that error did not cost them an out the way it is scored now, so the runs are earned.

Ah thanks. Hopefully that's switched. He was pretty clearly out if Gamel is on the bag

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:09 PM Post
The Plush persona thing started to wear on me towards the end of last year, but I'm now done with Morgan in CF. That noodle arm has no place in an outfield.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:12 PM Post
Well, 3 out of 4 is pretty good at Wrigley Field. The way it's going we would've lost anyway after the 1st run. Crazy stuff always seems to happen to prevent that from happening, even though the Cubs suck. I'll take it. Get 2 out of 3 in Atlanta and it's a 5-2 road trip. That's pretty darn good for mid-April.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:15 PM Post
Morgan's weak arm isn't anything new. It's just something teams will tolerate as he still plays pretty solid defense most of the time and gets on base. When he stops getting on base, as he's done this year, this is when things like his arm and the Tony Plush thing start to get annoying.

Hopefully he can get it together or they need to let Aoki play more. Not saying he should be benched after a few bad games, but it's something to watch I think.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:17 PM Post
Parra is without a doubt the most frustrating pitcher I've ever rooted for. How can you be a LHP with a legit 93-95 MPH FB when you come up to the bigs, have more than 2 plus secondary pitches, and still stink? He appears to have every tool any pitcher of either hand would ever want except for the one that counts. I'm not sure what goes on in his head, but it sure isn't right.

Sabathia was definitely right about Parra, he should have whittled his repertoire down to 3-4 pitches and just gotten after hitters. I keep holding out hope that he'll figure it out and be the dominant pitcher he can be.

Of course as I'm typing this he gets strike outs for 3 of 4 outs.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:19 PM Post
cnycerveceros said:
It's innings like this that make it hard for me to get real excited about Greinke. I know his overall numbers are very good.

3.80 career ERA. Other than his Cy Young year he has been a very good pitcher but not an elite pitcher

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
I guess if there is a silver lining to the Greinke outing it's that when he had the same sort of game last year he would have given up a few cheapies and then given up a blast. Of course they are playing the no-power Cubs and the wind is mostly favorable today.

On the Parra frustration factor, can anybody come up with a position player who was similarly apparently talented and frustration inducing? Going way back I guess Glenn Braggs sort of loosely fits, if for no other reason than he never killed a pitcher on a comebacker as everyone expected would happen sooner or later.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:36 PM Post
pebadger said:
On the Parra frustration factor, can anybody come up with a position player who was similarly apparently talented and frustration inducing? .

Bill Hall

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:37 PM Post
So Izturis has a great glove, no arm and no bat. Why again is he an MLB player? And even more importantly: why is he a Brewer?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-12 Brewers (Greinke) at Cubs (Garza), 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:49 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Finally I have a few free minutes to watch some Brewers baseball and they don't show up. At this pace I'm never going to watch a game this year.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:50 PM Post
pebadger said:
On the Parra frustration factor, can anybody come up with a position player who was similarly apparently talented and frustration inducing? Going way back I guess Glenn Braggs sort of loosely fits, if for no other reason than he never killed a pitcher on a comebacker as everyone expected would happen sooner or later.

I don't think we have to look any further than Carlos Gomez for that one.

The fear with every LHP is that things will eventually fall into place for them, especially if they have a 90+ fastball. JDLR comes to mind almost immediately, albeit the Royals gave up on him after the Brewers did.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:57 PM Post
Rickie needs to settle down a bit and get the bat going. He is currently on pace for 215 Ks. That would even impress Drew Stubbs and Mark Reynolds.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2012, 3:08 PM Post
I'd be all for giving Rickie a day off. Unfortunately, that means Izturis has to play....so absolutely not. Please correct the stupid roster mistake and bring up Conrad or Green.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: April 12, 2012, 3:09 PM Post
chickinbrickin said:
Rickie needs to settle down a bit and get the bat going. He is currently on pace for 215 Ks. That would even impress Drew Stubbs and Mark Reynolds.

I wonder if Rickie will ever grow out of chasing the outside breaking ball. He's a very good player but he could be a .420 OBP guy if he learned to lay off of that pitch

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply