LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-18 Dodgers (Capuano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2, 10 innings]

Offline  Re: 2012-04-18 Dodgers (Capuano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2, 10 innings]
Posted: April 19, 2012, 1:07 AM Post
The five man infield hurt the dodgers on that play. Kemp was playing in and had to go back on that ball (instead of coming in with momentum) and right when he caught that ball he stepped to his left which put him in the wrong position to be able to get enough on the throw to get Morgan out at home. Usually close calls like that the umpire will credit the home team. Anyways very good game again for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-18 Dodgers (Capuano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2, 10 innings]
Posted: April 19, 2012, 5:09 AM Post
This is just me speculating, but based on how Morgan was busting it down the line my impression was he planned to just plow the catcher if it came down to it. Once he saw the catcher was behind the plate to the third base side (and he probably caught Ramirez waving him down and to the inside of home plate) he decided to slide late, which is why the slide looked so awkward.

I looked at the front angle of the play and it looked like Ellis' glove crinkled a bit as he touched Morgan. It was such a close play.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2012, 5:52 AM Post
Anyone at the game want to comment on the reception JHJ got at the game? I only had the LA feed out here and they came back quick from commercial break.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2012, 6:41 AM Post
I find the comments about replay funny.

I didn't see the game, only seen the replays, and from all the ones I have seen, I cannot
say for certain if he was safe or out. The call would have still stood (IMO) with replay.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:
Posted: April 19, 2012, 7:25 AM Post
SoCal Brew Crew Fan said:
Anyone at the game want to comment on the reception JHJ got at the game? I only had the LA feed out here and they came back quick from commercial break.

I was a bit surprised that it was sort of 50/50 cheers/boos, albeit neither was voracious. I cheered him for his work with us last year and most by me did as well, but I did hear the low-level-hum of boos as well. Like, I said, nothing too strong either way.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:
Posted: April 19, 2012, 9:02 AM Post

GIF Master
PrinceFielderx1 said:
The five man infield hurt the dodgers on that play. Kemp was playing in and had to go back on that ball (instead of coming in with momentum) and right when he caught that ball he stepped to his left which put him in the wrong position to be able to get enough on the throw to get Morgan out at home. Usually close calls like that the umpire will credit the home team. Anyways very good game again for the Brewers.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think the 5-man infield hurt Kemp there. He hurt himself. He had TONS of time to get into proper position and he didn't.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2012, 9:50 AM Post
Global Moderator
That was a fun one to watch. Only caught the end but that was a good part to catch. Keep it rolling!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:
Posted: April 19, 2012, 4:22 PM Post
SoCal Brew Crew Fan said:

He got a few scattered claps, pretty disappointing, actually.

I stood up for his first PA.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply