LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012-04-23 Astros (Harrell) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

Offline  Re: 2012-04-23 Astros (Harrell) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:20 PM Post
As much as I love Uke's HR calls..... his K-calls might be even better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:23 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Baldkin said:

You mean like, "HAAAAAY struck him out swinging!"? [wink]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-23 Astros (Harrell) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:23 PM Post
HAEY! Struck him out!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
Baldkin said:

That's a great observation that I think I've always agreed with but never consciously realized it until you posted this.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2012-04-23 Astros (Harrell) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:24 PM Post
The guy with the Brewers banner behind the right handed hitters was annoying me all game. Yeah you got a banner that goes in and out, and yes, you are on TV, but please for the love of all that is holy, stop it.

Maybe it was just me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:25 PM Post
98! On that last one.

Quote   Reply 
98! Ax! W!

Quote   Reply 
hawing said:
Baldkin said:

You mean like, "HAAAAAY struck him out swinging!"? [wink]

3 times, even!

Quote   Reply 
98 high heat, good luck with that!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:26 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Phew. Maybe the 2012 Brewers (I hope only the April 2012 Brewers) are destined to have one faltering reliever per game, and tonight it was Veras.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:30 PM Post
pebadger said:
Baldkin said:

That's a great observation that I think I've always agreed with but never consciously realized it until you posted this.

Exactly my thoughts as well. But I know I like the strikeout calls better because you never know if the HR call is for real or not because ive been burned so many times by the long flyout. Lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:34 PM Post
the strikeout calls aren't 100% either.

ax with the cheese tonight. happy grienke gets the win

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:35 PM Post

GIF Master
Larry Bowa: "I think you've got to put John Axford up there as one of the best closers in the National League."

Thanks, Larry. Welcome to 2011.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:
Posted: April 23, 2012, 9:57 PM Post
razzzorsharp said:
The guy with the Brewers banner behind the right handed hitters was annoying me all game. Yeah you got a banner that goes in and out, and yes, you are on TV, but please for the love of all that is holy, stop it.

Maybe it was just me.

Had it upside down forever as well

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2012, 5:40 AM Post
Mat's wife said he went in for x-rays last night as they feared he had a separated shoulder. Xrays were negative. I was right behind home plate last night and he didn't seem to favor it at all. Looks like he felt the impact. Guys on MLB Radio on the drive home said how it was a baseball play and not dirty at all. I didn't hear any chatter either from the Stros dugout thinking it was a bad play. He blocked the plate. Where was Mat supposed to go?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:
Posted: April 24, 2012, 6:35 AM Post
burnzy24 said:
JohnBriggs12 said:
Gamel will take one in the ribs. No question.

Guess the Astros disagree with you.

There's two more games this series....not all of Gamel's at bats are going to be in the bottom of the 8th in a one run game.

I don't think it was a dirty play, but I could see the Astros not being pleased by it, as well as by Mat's reaction (he looked back, but had more of a scowl than a look wondering if Castro is ok). Wouldn't surprise me if he got hit sometime this series.

I do think he had a chance to slide around castro and get his hand on the plate (like his GW slide against the Dodgers)....but it's hard to see that/decide to do so in a split second like that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2012, 8:21 AM Post

GIF Master
Guys, Gamel wasn't staring the catcher down after the collision. He looked back for a second while walking to the dugout. He wasn't scowling, he wasn't taunting. He was looking. He obviously looked back to see how the catcher was doing - not necessarily out of "concern," but probably just out of natural curiosity. I'm pretty sure every player in the league would look back for a moment to see what was going on in the aftermath. Let's not overthink this.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2012, 9:01 AM Post
Global Moderator
Looked to me he was actually showing some concern to see if he was ok. Not taunting at all.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:
Posted: April 24, 2012, 10:48 AM Post
RobDeer 45 said:
Looked to me he was actually showing some concern to see if he was ok. Not taunting at all.

That's what I saw here as well. Bottom line, it was a great baseball play by both guys. I give Castro a lot of credit for staying in the game, the guy seems Mike Matheny tough. He didn't go whining to the media through his agent either, like a certain catcher in the Bay Area either- not that anyone would care, because he's not a 'star'.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Re:
Posted: April 24, 2012, 11:16 AM Post
RockCoCougars said:
RobDeer 45 said:

That's what I saw here as well. Bottom line, it was a great baseball play by both guys. I give Castro a lot of credit for staying in the game, the guy seems Mike Matheny tough. He didn't go whining to the media through his agent either, like a certain catcher in the Bay Area either- not that anyone would care, because he's not a 'star'.

That's pretty much the same words that the MLB Radio guys said last night on the drive home.

I too agree that he wasn't staring him down. They both were a little shook up after the hit. It was pretty solid. I would have had him tagging too. Lee is not exactly known for his arm and it took a great play to get Gamel out. I haven't heard anything on any sports media stations both last night and today about anything malicious on the play. Only thing I have heard are the random jabs at Posey.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply