LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 30 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-04-29: Braves (Garcia) at Brewers (Nelson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-3]

Offline  Re: GT 4-29: Braves (Garcia) at Brewers (Nelson) Game 2 6:10 CT

Posted: April 29, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Braun must've wanted to go home.

I don't blame him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:03 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Is it just me, or does Jaime Garcia own us every time?

Still, we had our chances in the 1st and 2nd.

I was 50/50 on picking him up for a spot start on my fantasy. He owns Milw for sure. I went the other route thinking Thames/Shaw were about to change the Brewers fate vs Garcia. Nope. I was wrong.

As I typed this Mr Kemp just hit a 2run HR of Jhan Marinez I haven't been a fan of him, and was surprised with his numbers last season because it seemed every time I paid attention to a game he was in, he gave up a run or more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:05 PM Post
Eye Black at Night said:
There are good pitchers toiling in the minors simultaneously with Tommy Milone being a major league pitcher. This is a difficult thing to come to terms with.

Absolutely. I mean I don't agree with the way Cravy handled things, but I get it more lately. Milone had no business getting a majors deal, and no business making the team.

Honestly, they could DFA basically every single pitcher on this current staff for minor league replacements besides Davies, Anderson, Knebel and Barnes, and none would be missed much. That is a sad statement about our current pitching staff.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:10 PM Post
Good year to figure out what we have, or in most cases: don't have, in this year's pitchers. Gotta think there will be some changes in due time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:11 PM Post
Braves with 20 hits in a game for the first time since Sept. 2, 2008

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:14 PM Post
Pitching allowing 20 hits. Overall, this team lacked any reasonable effort.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:34 PM Post
Braun must've wanted to go home.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:37 PM Post
yfinn6 said:
Good year to figure out what we have, or in most cases: don't have, in this year's pitchers. Gotta think there will be some changes in due time.

Change what, though? This has been a failure of the franchise for years -- developing pitching. This farm has exactly one ace (Sheets) and one solid #2 (Gallardo) to show for decades of development. I don't know where the problem is or why but it's obviously the root of our problems. We can't just play 'rent an ace' every few years and unload the farm to a different team that actually can develop pitching. It's not a good or sustainable business model.

I have high hopes for Hader and Woodruff, but if they just end up like what we have with Nelson and Peralta, we're still going nowhere.

I've been critical over the years of wasting our resources buying middle of the rotation guys in free agency, but hell, we can't even develop good middle of the rotation guys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2017, 8:42 PM Post
That's what I mean. We finally will be able to have a lot of arms to throw at the MLB team; some will stick and some won't, some will go to bullpen roles after not making it as starters and hopefully we have at least some mid-to-top rotation guys out of the whole group. Granted, it's not going to happen in one season but really -- the pitching sucks. It annoys the crap out of me but at this point it almost feels like "it is what it is" until we have guys that are for sure ready to be out of the minors and in the majors.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 30, 2017, 8:16 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Sorry, guys; I had the game thread on my mind yesterday and then slept through a lot of the game...which may have been its own blessing?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 30 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply