LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-05-06: Brewers (Garza) at Pirates (Cole) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 10 innings]

Offline  Re: 2017-05-06: Brewers (Garza) at Pirates (Cole) 6:05 PM CDT

Posted: May 06, 2017, 8:10 PM Post
Just take look at the Colorado Springs box score to feel better about the night.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2017, 8:13 PM Post
Too bad 1 of those outfielders couldn't play left for us tonight instead of Nick Franklin.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2017, 8:26 PM Post
If you look at some of the hot starts as outliers, that is an expansion team 3-7 line up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2017, 8:51 PM Post
For the love of God when can we cut Carlos Torres loose?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 9:14 AM Post
This is old news at this point but did anyone else question why Harrison wasn't walked to set up the double play at the end?

As he was stepping up to the plate I told my sister "Hey, have you seen the new intentional walk rule .. check this, they will walk him here." Then watched a first pitch walk off...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 9:19 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
This is old news at this point but did anyone else question why Harrison wasn't walked to set up the double play at the end?

As he was stepping up to the plate I told my sister "Hey, have you seen the new intentional walk rule .. check this, they will walk him here." Then watched a first pitch walk off...

If they were going to walk Harrison, they should've walked Bell too. He's been hot.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 9:27 AM Post
Brew4U said:
liveforoctober said:

If they were going to walk Harrison, they should've walked Bell too. He's been hot.

That would've been the correct move, no?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-05-06: Brewers (Garza) at Pirates (Cole) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 10 innings]

Posted: May 07, 2017, 10:26 AM Post
The only danger in walking them both is now you set it up for a possible walkoff walk or HBP. Which with Feliz is a valid concern.

But I agree that doing nothing and just pitching to Harrison with a drawn in infield and first base open isn't the right call IMO. Crazy as it may sound I would have just loaded them and taken a shot at McCutcheon who has been ice cold for a long time. Plus he is a big strikeout candidate.

At the very least you need to put someone on first so you can play your normal infield and try to get out of it with a ground ball .

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 12:12 PM Post
Brew4U said:
This team needs Braun back in a hurry. We see the importance of him in a hurry.

This is now his 7th straight game out of the lineup. In retrospect keeping him day to day and not just putting him on the 10 day from the get go and calling up one of our multiple great OF prospect options was probably not the right decision. It would have saved us from a short bench and the amount of Nick Franklin playing time we've seen since then.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply