LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 91 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

Offline  Re: 2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:32 PM Post
I wish they would have just left the strike zone alone this season instead of 'raising' it. In the world of real umpires, raising it just made it worse, because now you have some umps calling it, others pretty much just calling it the old way, and there's even less consistency than there was before.

Either just leave it alone or turn it over to the machines which is probably inevitable anyway.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:38 PM Post
I get Brauns not healthy but come on. At least throw the ball to 2nd

Quote   Reply 

Braun can't throw at all now.

Quote   Reply 

And today's recipient of the Jonathan Villar mental mistake award goes to:

Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Braun should probably have just been DL'ed when the injury happened. He missed a week anyway and he's playing with a noodle arm now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:40 PM Post
Why is Braun not on the DL? We have great OF prospects in AAA and he's already cost us 3-4 runs defensively this series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:41 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Braun should probably have just been DL'ed when the injury happened. He missed a week anyway and he's playing with a noodle arm now.

Seriously there is no excuse we have some guy in the OF who can barely make a throw from normal depth to the infield. That is a joke and embarassing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
AdvantageSchneider said:
Why is Braun not on the DL? We have great OF prospects in AAA and he's already cost us 3-4 runs defensively this series.

I have no idea. Dude is 33 and is going to need plenty of time off at this stage in his career. The DL has been shortened from 15 to 10, take advantage of it. He could use the time off to heal, no reason to have him try to play through this stuff when he's clearly not close to 100% and we have Brinson or Phillips available.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
AdvantageSchneider said:

No, he hasn't.

MrTPlush said:
Seriously there is no excuse we have some guy in the OF who can barely make a throw from normal depth to the infield. That is a joke and embarassing.

He's not "some guy."

Other than not throwing it to the correct base, the play at the plate would've been very close if he was 100% healthy.

Last edited by Brew4U on May 10, 2017, 7:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:47 PM Post
Do we really need to try to squeeze one more inning out of Chase here with a runner on 3rd and let him bat? I realize the pen has been beaten up as it is but Chase has labored all night and clearly hasn't had it. I don't have a lot of confidence that he makes it through the 5th anyway.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:49 PM Post
Damnit, Chase swung at Ball 4 too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:51 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Do we really need to try to squeeze one more inning out of Chase here with a runner on 3rd and let him bat? I realize the pen has been beaten up as it is but Chase has labored all night and clearly hasn't had it. I don't have a lot of confidence that he makes it through the 5th anyway.

If we had a better pen with some pitchers who realistically could go 2 innings here and there without getting smacked around, I think Counsell would be more inclined there to go with a pinch hitter. Until Stearns provides him a bullpen, I think I'd stick this seasons best pitcher out there again in the 5th too.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:51 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Other than not throwing it to the correct base, the play at the plate would've been very close if he was 100% healthy.

But he isn't. That's the point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
Brew4U said:
MrTPlush said:

He's not "some guy."

Does it matter? He made a pathetic off balance throw with a crippled arm that barely made it to the infield. I don't see why if he was 100% matters. He knows he isn't anywhere near 100% and didn't have any business throwing it in the direction of homeplate. It was a horrible play.

I don't blame Braun for being crippled and playing RF...but he has all the blame for throwing it home.

Last edited by MrTPlush on May 10, 2017, 7:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:

If we had a better pen with some pitchers who realistically could go 2 innings here and there without getting smacked around, I think Counsell would be more inclined there to go with a pinch hitter. Until Stearns provides him a bullpen, I think I'd stick this seasons best pitcher out there again in the 5th too.

Season's best pitcher? Yes. Today? Hasn't inspired much confidence. But maybe he'll surprise me here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:53 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

So what? It wasn't a guaranteed out. Not even close to one. You're going way over the top on this. He's back in the lineup for his bat. The Brewers need that bat. And obviously with a negative MRI, the Brewers think they can push through this injury.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:55 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

The Brewers need that bat.

I don't know our offense is pretty good all around this year. Making him play injured doesn't seem very necessary.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:55 PM Post
Brew4U said:
AdvantageSchneider said:

No, he hasn't.

MrTPlush said:

He's not "some guy."

Last night the Sox scored three runs in the 5th. A throw from Braun with anything on it would have gotten the guy at the plate. The other two runs scored with two outs. That's 3 runs right there. And that play tonight is perhaps the 4th run.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:56 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

So what? It wasn't a guaranteed out. Not even close to one. You're going way over the top on this. He's back in the lineup for his bat. The Brewers need that bat. And obviously with a negative MRI, the Brewers think they can push through this injury.

Saying a 33 year old frequently injured player who missed a week with injury and clearly isn't an effective left fielder at this point should have gone on the DL isn't way over the top at all. It's probably very true, especially when your best prospect is an MLB ready outfielder.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
adambr2 said:

Saying a 33 year old frequently injured player who missed a week with injury and clearly isn't an effective left fielder at this point should have gone on the DL isn't way over the top at all. It's probably very true, especially when your best prospect is an MLB ready outfielder.

So you want to possibly miss out on having your best prospect for a whole season because you brought him up earlier than you needed to this season? Doesn't sound all that smart for our franchise to me.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 91 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply