LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 91 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

Offline  Re: 2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT

Posted: May 10, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

I don't know our offense is pretty good all around this year. Making him play injured doesn't seem very necessary.

Didn't seem to score too many runs when he wasn't in the lineup.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:04 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:

Saying a 33 year old frequently injured player who missed a week with injury and clearly isn't an effective left fielder at this point should have gone on the DL isn't way over the top at all. It's probably very true, especially when your best prospect is an MLB ready outfielder.

So you want to possibly miss out on having your best prospect for a whole season because you brought him up earlier than you needed to this season? Doesn't sound all that smart for our franchise to me.

Why in the world would you miss out on him for a whole season? I'm not saying you need to bring Brinson up for the rest of the year. A couple weeks up in May isn't going to end up costing a service year. And if you don't prefer Brinson now there's also Phillips and Cordell on the 40.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:07 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:

Saying a 33 year old frequently injured player who missed a week with injury and clearly isn't an effective left fielder at this point should have gone on the DL isn't way over the top at all. It's probably very true, especially when your best prospect is an MLB ready outfielder.

So you want to possibly miss out on having your best prospect for a whole season because you brought him up earlier than you needed to this season? Doesn't sound all that smart for our franchise to me.

Why in the world would you miss out on him for a whole season? I'm not saying you need to bring Brinson up for the rest of the year. A couple weeks up in May isn't going to end up costing a service year. And if you don't prefer Brinson now there's also Phillips and Cordell on the 40.

+1

We also had a .500 road trip without him, so it's not like we're throwing up the white flag if we put him on the dl.

Last edited by AdvantageSchneider on May 10, 2017, 8:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:08 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:09 PM Post
Even though he's still pretty meh offensively, I appreciate having Arcia's glove at short.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
What a fun team to watch. Nice to seen Broxton in a groove right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:15 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.

I just don't really agree, I cant think of a recent example but I know Prince in 2005 was up in June for a few weeks, hit very well and was sent back til later that year.

Even this early, I'd bet a lot that one of Brinson, Phillips or Cordell would be coming up if Braun went on the DL. Maybe not Brinson but I'd be shocked if they did something different and just rolled with Perez every night in left.

Last edited by adambr2 on May 10, 2017, 8:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:16 PM Post
Brewers dead last in MLB in Quality Starts. Whether you hate that stat or not, I think it's telling. 9, and I bet almost all were over that 2 week period in April.

Can you even fathom any of these guys giving you 7 strong, much less a CG?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:16 PM Post
Invader3K said:

He's smoked it all 3 times tonight. Only benefited once, but hopefully they can put together a nice inning .

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:17 PM Post
Well we might be getting an answer on the Braun DL debate sooner rather than later.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:17 PM Post
Invader3K said:

Yeah been hoping he found it again. Looks like he has.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:18 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.[/quote]

They called Prince up to DH for a few interleague series and they sent him back down. It has been done and can be done. No excuse for playing a guy who can't throw.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:19 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Well we might be getting an answer on the Braun DL debate sooner rather than later.

Kirk N, there's an answer for you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:20 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
adambr2 said:

I would prefer that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:22 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
FVBrewerFan said:
adambr2 said:

I would prefer that.

Gross. Why not Wren if you're going to add another outfielder to the 40 again?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:23 PM Post
What is that, like the 3rd injury for Braun this year? 4th?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:24 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
adambr2 said:

Thames and Perez can handle LF for 10 days IF it happens.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:25 PM Post
AdvantageSchneider said:
Brew4U said:

They called Prince up to DH for a few interleague series and they sent him back down. It has been done and can be done. No excuse for playing a guy who can't throw.[/quote]

Also if Brinson comes up and kills it and stays up that is not the end of the world. He is plenty safe from accumulating a full service year this year. He would definitely end up being a Super 2 but that's not that big of a deal compared to losing a service year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:26 PM Post
adambr2 said:
What is that, like the 3rd injury for Braun this year? 4th?

You better update your tally board.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2017, 8:28 PM Post
Brew4U said:
FVBrewerFan said:
adambr2 said:

Thames and Perez can handle LF for 10 days IF it happens.

He was already lolly popping throws in from left with the arm, and now has the calf tightness. Would be very surprising IMO if he doesn't go on the DL.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 91 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply