LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 45 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-06-24: Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Dickey) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Offline  Re: 2017-06-24: Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Dickey) 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:07 PM Post
trwi7 said:
wildcat83 said:
Was it a balls and strikes thing or what was the issue?

He felt the Braves were taking too long (they weren't) to decide if they wanted to challenge a pick off play at 1st so he started screaming at the 2nd base umpire.

Imo they were taking way too long and im surprised they didnt challenge it. Looked like Broxton was picked off and he ended up scoring.

Still no reason for Franklin to be the one yelling. If anything Counsell should have been the one screaming after Dickey was standing out there off the mound for a full minute (only supposed to get 30 seconds to decide if you want to challenge)

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-06-24: Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Dickey) 3:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:08 PM Post
I mean honestly, after something as ridiculous as this, can we finally cut Nick Franklin? I mean how does a random bench player get ejected over the Braves maybe taking an extra second or two to look at a review?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:19 PM Post
That's the Garza I remember! [angry]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:20 PM Post
Jaylyn said:
That's the Garza I remember! [angry]

Me too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:38 PM Post
The BABIP gods are on the Braves' side today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:39 PM Post
Injury prone, expensive, flips out when demoted to the pen and walks out on the team and goes home. Also, sucks at his job. What's not to love about Garza?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 3:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Injury prone, expensive, flips out when demoted to the pen and walks out on the team and goes home. Also, sucks at his job. What's not to love about Garza?

And he's a jerk to boot.

Here is a link to his twtter fight with Sogard's wife:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/rangers ... itter-rant

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 4:00 PM Post
What a jerk! I wonder how Sogard deals with him in the dugout. Sogard doing a great job for the Crew and Garza is an overpaid over-the-hill pitcher. The front office probably can't wait for the contract to end, whether they admit it or not.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 4:20 PM Post
We hardly knew ya, good Jett Bandy. Holy smokes what a nosedive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 4:51 PM Post
Freeman just made Thames and Santana look completely clueless.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:12 PM Post
The guys are just not clutch hitting this series. Hope for a win tomorrow to avoid a sweep. The Cubs are winning in Miami.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:16 PM Post
Check that. The Cubs have won. .5 out of first place for the Cubbies.

I know we've been lucky the Crew have been in first place, but I like them there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:23 PM Post
rcc said:
Of course Garza can't hold the lead. Gives it up right away. I have no confidence in the guy at all. Isn't his contract up this year. Bye bye!

Came here specifically to see the criticism of Garza because he didn't throw 7 shutout innings of 2-hit ball.

For chrissakes, it was a quality start. He is close to the last thing to complain about today.

Looking forward to the same roasting of Davies whenever he gives up a run, since Davies has been much worse. Can't wait to see Davies optioned.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:27 PM Post
LouisEly said:
rcc said:
Of course Garza can't hold the lead. Gives it up right away. I have no confidence in the guy at all. Isn't his contract up this year. Bye bye!

Came here specifically to see the criticism of Garza because he didn't throw 7 shutout innings of 2-hit ball.

For chrissakes, it was a quality start. He is close to the last thing to complain about today.

Looking forward to the same roasting of Davies whenever he gives up a run, since Davies has been much worse. Can't wait to see Davies optioned.

How much money is Davies being paid?

Garza gets a hard time because of two things.

1. He sucks.

2. He is a jerk with no team concept, me me me me attitudes turn people off.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:30 PM Post
The loss today was more the fault of the offense not hitting in the clutch. Garza doesn't instill confidence. That's a fact. He doesn't have to throw a no hitter for that either. He just has to pitch like he has in the past that warranted getting that contract.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:44 PM Post
turborickey said:

Not a cent more than the collective bargaining agreement requires the Brewers to pay him. If he was a free agent after last season how much would he be making now? Irrelevant.

turborickey said:
1. He sucks.

Then what does that make Davies?

turborickey said:

You know him personally, or is that your interpretation of what you read in the media?

Is that fact, or is that confirmation bias?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 5:54 PM Post
rcc said:
Check that. The Cubs have won. .5 out of first place for the Cubbies.

I know we've been lucky the Crew have been in first place, but I like them there.

Honestly, it's been a fun season but I think we're still much closer to a .500 team than a contender.

Realistically, I don't see much chance that we outlast the Cubs over the long haul . And that's okay. This was never supposed to be our year and it's probably not going to be.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 6:00 PM Post
LouisEly said:
turborickey said:

Not a cent more than the collective bargaining agreement requires the Brewers to pay him. If he was a free agent after last season how much would he be making now? Irrelevant.

turborickey said:
1. He sucks.

Then what does that make Davies?

turborickey said:

You know him personally, or is that your interpretation of what you read in the media?

Is that fact, or is that confirmation bias?

The Brewers still have more than a month of baseball left on the calendar, and Melvin said Garza would be welcome to join the bullpen should he have a change of heart.

Garza suggested that would not happen.

"I'm not going to throw another ball, and that's it," Garza said.

This is an okay, team first attitude? This is not an interpretation from the media, this is his exact quote.

I find it incredible that the collective bargaining agreement that you brought up that requires the Brewers to pay him would ever allow a pitcher to refuse to move to the bullpen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2017, 7:12 PM Post
Garza certainly wasn't a jerk when he signed an autograph for my kid and literally a hundred other kids prior to Brewers game a month or so ago.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 25, 2017, 5:43 AM Post
LouisEly said:

At the time of the criticism Garza had given up 3 ERs in 3 innings and a lead off double in the 4th without punching out a batter. I don't think the criticism was excessive.
LouisEly said:

Who's Chris? [tongue]
LouisEly said:

You really cannot see the difference between the angst of Davies and Garza? Really? Garza is 33 and has been worth -1.7 WAR since the start of 2015. Davies has still been worth 3 WAR over that same time period. Davies is coming of an age 23 season worth 2.3 WAR.

Garza is a liability who's best case scenario for the Brewers is something like 4.25 ERA over the next month and a half and someone saves us a million dollars to take him on before the waiver deadline. If the season were to end now and he were a free agent he wouldn't be getting a MLB contract.

Davies upside is something like 12 WAR, sub 4 ERA, 900 innings over the next 4 1/2 seasons. He wouldnt make it past the first team if he were DFA'd today.

If the Brewers want to keep pitching Garza because he is a stable option, fine. But the Brewers need to do what is best for Davies development. If they feel that is working out his struggles against MLB hitters, Im not going to argue with that.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 45 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply