LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-06-30: Marlins (Volquez) at Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2: Stephen Vogt Dinger Show]

Offline  Re: 2017-06-30: Marlins (Volquez) at Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 30, 2017, 11:16 PM Post
Someone tell Vogt he needs to work on his dugout celebration. Those bunny hops between jumps is making him look like Alfonso Soriano.

Seriously though, this is what is so encouraging. It's the churning and the improving of the bottom half of the roster. That's where it seems like a lot of games are won and lost.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2017, 6:38 AM Post
adambr2 said:
This is as bad as I've seen Knebel look all year. Can't throw his fastball for a strike, can't get his curve over for a strike much. That called strike 1 to Gordon was a gift.

Not picking on you specifically, but the general reaction by many to closers. Mariano Rivera has a career ERA of 2.11 - he gave up two earned runs every nine innings. It will happen. The best closers in baseball aren't perfect. Don't expect 1-2-3 innings, don't expect to not ever give up any earned runs. It's the performance over an entire season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2017, 6:52 AM Post
LouisEly said:
adambr2 said:
This is as bad as I've seen Knebel look all year. Can't throw his fastball for a strike, can't get his curve over for a strike much. That called strike 1 to Gordon was a gift.

Not picking on you specifically, but the general reaction by many to closers. Mariano Rivera has a career ERA of 2.11 - he gave up two earned runs every nine innings. It will happen. The best closers in baseball aren't perfect. Don't expect 1-2-3 innings, don't expect to not ever give up any earned runs. It's the performance over an entire season.

I never expected him to be. Knebel is awesome . I love Knebel . I'm just pointing out that last night, he did not have it at all. Fortunately, they still won.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2017, 7:05 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Can't believe I've been watching the legendary Bob Uecker get sausages waved in his face now every day for half a season.

Huh? Where did you see this, at the game?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2017, 7:17 AM Post
newrivervalley said:
Vogt is tough. First time listening to Brewer TV broadcast this year. Announcers stink! Switching to Miami call.

The Miami announcers are pretty good. Rich Waltz is a good play by play guy - I think he is better than BA by a long shot. I was sorry they let Tommy Hutton go in 2015. We get all of the Marlin games in southwest FL (along with the Rays).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2017, 7:22 AM Post
LouisEly said:
adambr2 said:

I thought it was a good sign that Knebel could gut out a save when he really didn't have his best stuff.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2017, 1:27 PM Post
Pugger said:
adambr2 said:
Can't believe I've been watching the legendary Bob Uecker get sausages waved in his face now every day for half a season.

Huh? Where did you see this, at the game?

Every single day on Usinger commercials watching on FSN.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply