LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 77 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-07-03: Orioles (Miley) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-1]

Offline  Re: 2017-07-03: Orioles (Miley) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:26 PM Post
rcc said:
Are the Orioles that bad or is Suter that good? He did well in his 6 innings of work. He just might have earned an extended stay in Milwaukee until Chase gets back.

I think Suter's stuff is going to work very well against certain teams. If you have a work the count, swing for the fences team he'll probably do well since they'll take that first pitch strike and be down 0-1 and then they'll start swinging from their shoes because, hey, he throws really slow so watch how far I can hit this ball. On the other hand if he goes up against a high AVG, contact oriented team I think they'll hit him around pretty good because he throws so many strikes.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:37 PM Post
Brent Suter can probably do good in a spot starter role. I just don't see that many dominant outings long term and I think he would be prone to too many stinker type outings.

As mentioned the type of team he faces will have a big effect.

Last edited by MrTPlush on July 03, 2017, 2:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:38 PM Post
Suter now Blazek doing well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:40 PM Post
Arcia now hitting .293. The kid is hitting well to go with his exceptional defense and as we saw today his exceptional base running. All Star caliber.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:43 PM Post
rcc said:
Arcia now hitting .293. The kid is hitting well to go with his exceptional defense and as we saw today his exceptional base running. All Star caliber.

.295 I believe, actually.

Definitely close to All Star caliber. So many good SS these days. Years ago I feel like it was a weakness, but now there are so many good ones and more on the way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:46 PM Post
rcc said:

I'm not sure what we saw today was exceptional base running. He is out 95% of the time there in that rundown.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:53 PM Post
liveforoctober said:
rcc said:

I'm not sure what we saw today was exceptional base running. He is out 95% of the time there in that rundown.

Obviously he was strategically overslidng the base.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:57 PM Post
Blazek looked decent. Get Jungmann up and Guerra to the DL and let's roll.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 2:57 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
rcc said:

.295 I believe, actually.

Definitely close to All Star caliber. So many good SS these days. Years ago I feel like it was a weakness, but now there are so many good ones and more on the way.

I thought the same thing with catchers. Seems like everyone has a good young catcher. Teams really emphasizing getting good athletes up the middle.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 3:02 PM Post
liveforoctober said:
rcc said:

Whatever ones view of the play today, he's been a very good baserunner (But not basestealer) this year from what I've seen. Looking to see if the stats agree with that I see that Fangraphs UBR rating has him 3rd best in the majors, behind Goldschmidt and Bogaerts. His stealing has been poor, but by their BsR stat (Which combines UBR, stealing, and GDPs) he's still ranked 13th in the majors. Now one can argue about how exact these stats are, but it would at least indicate he's a comparatively good baserunner.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 3:12 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Not going to say that Suter is going to be great or ever good but if you throw strikes you get outs. Especially if you have stuff like him and are throwing pitches 10 MPH slower than what batters are used to seeing.

Which should help out Nelson at the start of tomorrows game.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-03: Orioles (Miley) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-1]

Posted: July 03, 2017, 3:13 PM Post
2 and a half hours. Suter catches and throws. Love it.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-03: Orioles (Miley) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-1]

Posted: July 03, 2017, 4:43 PM Post
Since Suter went 6 innings today maybe he can do even better next time out, maybe 7.1 innings.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 9:42 PM Post
On Shaw, it looked like he was hit on outside/bottom of his palm. That spot that goes numb when it strikes something wrong. Cant be good for next few days. May be a DL through the AS break.

On Arcia's scored run in a rundown, catcher while say 25-30feet from home plate immediately throws back to whos up the third base line. Arcia turns back to home plate where defenders hadnt established themselves and with say 38feet to score, made it. Catcher error. All guy had to do was walk up third base another 10feet or more to where Arcia had more ground to run to score vs getting back to 3rd. And so someone was standing at home vs running to the plate. Id think thats a 98% of time an out with an error being the only time he scores.

Great Win. Early runs likely helped Suters confidence. Hope Shaws injury not bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 10:00 PM Post
liveforoctober said:
Let's bounce this guy in the 2nd and have their bullpen take up 7+ innings in game 1.

Six innings, the home team didn't have to bat the ninth. [smile]
Although, they only gave up the gift run and also produced an RBI.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2017, 10:02 PM Post
markedman5 said:
My goodness Orlando

I was at the game and to see everyone's faces around me was priceless.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2017, 7:07 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
On Shaw, it looked like he was hit on outside/bottom of his palm. That spot that goes numb when it strikes something wrong. Cant be good for next few days. May be a DL through the AS break.

On Arcia's scored run in a rundown, catcher while say 25-30feet from home plate immediately throws back to whos up the third base line. Arcia turns back to home plate where defenders hadnt established themselves and with say 38feet to score, made it. Catcher error. All guy had to do was walk up third base another 10feet or more to where Arcia had more ground to run to score vs getting back to 3rd. And so someone was standing at home vs running to the plate. Id think thats a 98% of time an out with an error being the only time he scores.

Great Win. Early runs likely helped Suters confidence. Hope Shaws injury not bad.

Shaw should be fine, Counsell said X Rays negative, day to day.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 77 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply