LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 59 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-2]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#41

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:21 PM Post
Posts: 4324
Jimmy in some good company

https://twitter.com/matthewgstein/statu ... 4677387270


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#42

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:23 PM Post
Posts: 601
Tampa beat the Cubs at home 6-5.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#43

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The advancing to 3rd part doesn't matter. If he was safe at 3rd he would have to return to 2nd on the challenge as everything that happens after the called out doesn't count if the play is over turned for this instance.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#44

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6292
nate82 said:
The advancing to 3rd part doesn't matter. If he was safe at 3rd he would have to return to 2nd on the challenge as everything that happens after the called out doesn't count if the play is over turned for this instance.


Then the no challenge makes no sense as he was pretty clearly safe.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#45

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix, AZ
jerichoholicninja said:
nate82 said:
The advancing to 3rd part doesn't matter. If he was safe at 3rd he would have to return to 2nd on the challenge as everything that happens after the called out doesn't count if the play is over turned for this instance.


Then the no challenge makes no sense as he was pretty clearly safe.


Right, unless when he transferred hands his first hand came off and he was tagged out after coming off the base.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#46

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6292
nate82 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
nate82 said:
The advancing to 3rd part doesn't matter. If he was safe at 3rd he would have to return to 2nd on the challenge as everything that happens after the called out doesn't count if the play is over turned for this instance.


Then the no challenge makes no sense as he was pretty clearly safe.


Right, unless when he transferred hands his first hand came off and he was tagged out after coming off the base.


I was watching closely for that and I never saw his hand come off the base and his foot held the base.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#47

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:32 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Adam Jones is just ridiculous in CF.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#48

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:38 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 650
Torres still bad. Let's get our Wang up.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#49

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:39 PM Post
Posts: 601
Torres makes it interesting but thanks to Broxton this game is over.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#50

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:42 PM Post
Posts: 205
3.5 game lead. LOVE IT!!!!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#51

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:42 PM Post
Posts: 2436
Not that it is the goal, but if the Rockies lose the night the Brewers will be closer to the 2nd wildcard, then anybody is to them in the Central.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#52

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:49 PM Post
Posts: 789
Torres should not be put in any position where the situation matters.

Wang is twenty-five years old and ready. Enough already, get him up here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#53

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:50 PM Post
Posts: 2048
jerichoholicninja said:
stoutdude04 said:
Maybe just take the easy double at when you're up 5 runs


That's what he was trying to do. He just couldn't decide where he wanted to go.


Isn't that not taking the easy double play then? He couldn't decide but should have just gone 3rd to 1st without hesitation.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#54

Posted: July 04, 2017, 4:50 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7296
jerichoholicninja said:
nate82 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
God Villar you are such a freakin idiot. Just run to third and deal with the replay later.


Even if he gets to 3rd and it goes to replay he goes back to 2nd so that part doesn't really matter. Plus he was safe his hand was on the bag before the tag. Not sure why they didn't challenge there.


I don't know how exactly the rules work but I'm guessing they didn't challenge because after the call is overturned he's out trying to advance to third.


But isn't it a dead ball after he's called out at 2nd?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#55

Posted: July 04, 2017, 5:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Location: Phoenix, AZ
homer said:
But isn't it a dead ball after he's called out at 2nd?


Yes it is a dead ball since no other runners were on base at the time.

This also looked like a straight steal from the bench.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#56

Posted: July 04, 2017, 6:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1226
igor67 said:
Not that it is the goal, but if the Rockies lose the night the Brewers will be closer to the 2nd wildcard, then anybody is to them in the Central.

Don't think this is true looking at the loss column. We're 4 behind Colorado and 2 ahead of the cubs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#57

Posted: July 04, 2017, 7:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 632
We have a 3.5 game lead in the central, if colorado lost that would make them 49-37 and we are 46-40 so we would be 3 gb of them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT
#58

Posted: July 04, 2017, 10:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4520
jerichoholicninja said:
jason21nl said:
Not going to lie...I didn't see why he was called out


i agree he certainly was safe and if just stays on the base they go to replay and it's overturned. However he goes full on Carlos Gomez and half asses it to third before getting tagged out.

Doesn't matter because he was called out at 2nd. Play ends there.

Arcia get applauded for it, Villar get criticized.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-04: Orioles (Jimenez) at Brewers (Nelson) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-2]
#59

Posted: July 05, 2017, 9:13 AM Post
Posts: 601
The official scorer changed the error after the game to Thames and rightly so. Shaw's errorless streak remains intact.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 59 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test