LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 104 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-2]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#61

Posted: July 06, 2017, 1:58 PM Post
Posts: 178
Lathund said:
Zach Davies seems to be fine overall when he gets through the first few innings unscathed. He has a 9 ERA in the first, a 6.35 ERA in the second. 2.97 ERA in innings 4-6. I know it's a small sample size and all, but he has yet to give up a run in the 4th inning.


This one is on me...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#62

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:00 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5230
So much for the "Davies has yet to give up a run in the 4th this year" as someone said.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#63

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:02 PM Post
Posts: 145
Wonder why Davies has problems early in year. Guess that's better than late in year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#64

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:02 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 997
Location: Central PA
Great play by Broxton in center.

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#65

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1091
I wish there was a way I could put money on Yadiel Rivera being the first bat off the Brewer's bench today. When guys get called up, Counsell uses them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#66

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3050
ReverendBrewmeister said:
Great play by Broxton in center.

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.


Agreed. We're up 7 in the 5th inning, yet I feel very nervous with this one. Anyone else have that feeling??


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#67

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 6227
Location: Kenosha, WI
newrivervalley said:
Wonder why Davies has problems early in year. Guess that's better than late in year.


Strong conclusion when he has had one good second half in his brief career. Maybe he just isn't good and had one hot streak?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#68

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1091
brwrsfan said:
ReverendBrewmeister said:
Great play by Broxton in center.

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.


Agreed. We're up 7 in the 5th inning, yet I feel very nervous with this one. Anyone else have that feeling??


Nope, this game has Josh Hader 3 inning save written all over it. I gave Larrivee's "Daggar" call when Braun went deep.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#69

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3050
liveforoctober said:
brwrsfan said:
ReverendBrewmeister said:
Great play by Broxton in center.

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.


Agreed. We're up 7 in the 5th inning, yet I feel very nervous with this one. Anyone else have that feeling??


Nope, this game has Josh Hader 3 inning save written all over it. I gave Larrivee's "Daggar" call when Braun went deep.


Ha, well I hope you're right certainly.

Let's go Aguilar, just a sac fly here is fine.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#70

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 997
Location: Central PA
Got both runs back, and looking for more. More crooked numbers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#71

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1091
Keep the pitchers coming …

This has been the most satisfying 5 innings of Brewers’ baseball I have experienced in a while. The 8 walks are awesome.

Needs to be said, kudos to both Aguilar and Villar. Both guys had an 0-2 count with less than 2 outs and a guy on 3rd and both got the job done. We have had problems there this season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#72

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1265
Yo dude, no one wants Bud/Bud Light


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#73

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:22 PM Post
Posts: 4302
The Zack Davies turn in the rotation offense is really impressive.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#74

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1091
Cubs throw up the white flag in the 5th...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#75

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1091
I truly hope the first thing out of Counsell's mouth in the post game presser is a sly "Glad the weather held up today..."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#76

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:39 PM Post
Posts: 145
classify move not bunting.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#77

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:39 PM Post
Posts: 748
liveforoctober said:
Cubs throw up the white flag in the 5th...


That's weird... What's the point of taking them out?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#78

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:46 PM Post
Posts: 762
markedman5 said:
The Zack Davies turn in the rotation offense is really impressive.

Makes you wonder what Sheets record could have been with this offense


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#79

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:47 PM Post
Posts: 2031
wildcat83 said:
liveforoctober said:
Cubs throw up the white flag in the 5th...


That's weird... What's the point of taking them out?


Rest. Harder to get hurt in the dugout.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT
#80

Posted: July 06, 2017, 2:48 PM Post
Posts: 748
Maddon thought boy the Brewers didn't score last inning, better get another lefty in there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 104 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test