LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-07-22: Brewers (Suter) at Phillies (Hellickson) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-8]

Offline  Re: 2017-07-22: Brewers (Suter) at Phillies (Hendrickson) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 23, 2017, 6:58 AM Post
MoreTrife said:
Take Braun out and bubble wrap him until tomorrow!

We did and it almost came back to bite us.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:03 AM Post
TJseven7 said:
Hey CC time to go to the guy you should have put in after drake walked rupp. Blazek is available.

Why does CC keep guys in even tho everyone and their uncle knows he just doesn't have it that day?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:04 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
adambr2 said:
LOL...great move Craig. Idiotic.

Actually it was a great idea. Terrible execution.

It might be a great idea if you have guys who can actually bunt...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:06 AM Post
Polish Falcons said:
I've had it with these phillies fans in the front row staring at their phones all game.

You see this at a lot of games. It is rather sad so many people are addicted to those little machines.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:14 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Honest question. What does Auggie think a breckabawl is? Seems literally any pitch other than a 4 seam FB? Change, slider, curve, vutter...Ive heard him call of them breckabawl.

Give him some slack. He's from Kewaunee. [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:16 AM Post
Yaz said:
Suter deserved to PITCH the 7th inning if not more! That Bullpen sucks and it was the main culprit for the losing streak.

I should be happy they won but I am not. I am totally ticked off. Why was the pitching coach not out there with Barnes in the 8th inning when the 2nd man reached? Good grief.

5 1/2 game lead gone in one week. And now the Brewers have 3 teams breathing down their necks. Unreal.

Our bullpen has its issues but we couldn't score to save our lives during that losing streak.

It was great to see Corey sharp too. Let's hope he is back to his old self for a while now.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-22: Brewers (Suter) at Phillies (Hellickson) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-8]
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:42 AM Post
TJseven7 said:
So you ignore the short term where Perez is struggling in his last 8 games ...5 of last 24 8k 33% k rate which has been equal to shaw's july and 5% worse than santana's july? Equal to santanas season and 8% higher than shaws season.

Coming in his 1st ab with 2 others on ab 5... 2 of 3 and a bb 1 of 3 and a bb respectively. 1k for shaw none for santana. Those factors mean zilch?

My goodness, talk about cherry picking numbers with Perez. He also had 3 K's in his last 18 AB's which is a 16% K rate. Or 9 in 47 June AB's, which is 19%.

So which are the numbers that matter to you? Just the ones that support your argument?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-07-22: Brewers (Suter) at Phillies (Hellickson) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-8]
Posted: July 23, 2017, 7:52 AM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
Absolutely 100% the right call to bunt the runner to third in that situation.

After the bullpen fiasco, the Brewers desperately needed to regain the lead.

Getting a runner to 3rd wth less than 2 outs late in a tie game is HUGE! There is a multitude of ways a runner can score from third in that situation (sac fly, infield out up the middle, sac fly, Wild pitch, passed ball, error, ANY hit, etc)

Overall over time, teams have a 66% chance of scoring more than 0 runs with a runner on 3rd and 1 out, and a 63% chance with a runner on 2nd and one out. I would not classify 3% as huge, nor overriding of the risk of a failed sac. IMO

I would guess that the 66% would be further reduced in this situation by a high strikeout pitcher.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 10:25 AM Post
Can anyone explain why Villar pinch hit instead of Aguilar? Villar doesn't hit lefties (or baseballs) well and Aguilar does so it makes even less sense to me. It's been a couple times now

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2017, 12:19 PM Post
Pugger said:
TJseven7 said:
Hey CC time to go to the guy you should have put in after drake walked rupp. Blazek is available.

Why does CC keep guys in even tho everyone and their uncle knows he just doesn't have it that day?

Because CC doesn't make decisions based upon situations (the environment) or what he sees with his eyes. Instead, he plays roles with his pitchers. About the longest managerial "tradition" in the game that drives me absolutely crazy.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply