LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-10: Twins (Enns) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT

Offline  Re: 2017-08-10: Twins (Enns) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: August 10, 2017, 7:34 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Pretty sure CC tried that approach with Hader. Backfired. Sometimes it just is.

Yep.....at some point the players on your team have to perform.....thinking a manager can just push magic buttons game after game is beyond silly.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 7:41 PM Post
A combo of bad luck, bad defense, and bad ABs hurting tonight. Man. Just frustrating. At least the pressure's off a little bit, I guess. Going to try hard to just enjoy having baseball for another two months without worrying as much about the postseason.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 7:54 PM Post
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
A combo of bad luck, bad defense, and bad ABs hurting tonight. Man. Just frustrating. At least the pressure's off a little bit, I guess. Going to try hard to just enjoy having baseball for another two months without worrying as much about the postseason.

Like the view point. I'm going to try too... unless we get up 5.5 games again.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 7:56 PM Post
Braun smoked another ball. Dude is locked in.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:04 PM Post
Cards winning again....pirates already won.....Brewers going to finish 4th just like we all thought at the beginning of the year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:04 PM Post
Lepay saying Davies thrying to keep them within striking distance. Hey Matt, they need to score at least seven runs to win. It takes them three games to score that many. They're not within striking distance.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:08 PM Post
treego14 said:
Meanwhile, the Cardinals have just tied the Royals 3-3 in the latter half of the game after being down 3-0 AND Scooter Gennett hits his 19th homerun of the season, a grand slam, today. I'm glad we let him go for nothing so we could be make room for Villar everyday at 2nd base. Somebody who is often called a "genius" is not so. He also gave away Garrett Cooper to the Yankees who had a 4-hit game for the Yankees last night and is now hitting .364--what did we get for Cooper--oh yeah, Tyler Webb who cannot get major league hitters out and is in Triple-A.

I just saw Cooper is hitter 364 while Webb was immediately sent down after not even being able to make our pen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:10 PM Post
Boomer5 said:
treego14 said:
Meanwhile, the Cardinals have just tied the Royals 3-3 in the latter half of the game after being down 3-0 AND Scooter Gennett hits his 19th homerun of the season, a grand slam, today. I'm glad we let him go for nothing so we could be make room for Villar everyday at 2nd base. Somebody who is often called a "genius" is not so. He also gave away Garrett Cooper to the Yankees who had a 4-hit game for the Yankees last night and is now hitting .364--what did we get for Cooper--oh yeah, Tyler Webb who cannot get major league hitters out and is in Triple-A.

I just saw Cooper is hitter 364 while Webb was immediately sent down after not even being able to make our pen.

Yeah, that trade is looking like a disaster.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:13 PM Post
Stearns has definitely made some questionable moves at best. Hopefully we can say that around here without people jumping down others throats.

Cooper had no business being traded for a guy that most likely won't even be on our MLB team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:13 PM Post
treego14 said:

Oh, right; Gennett was let go because he had no trade value. He's having the year this season that Villar had last year. I'll agree it sucks that maybe he had something to offer and it's not with the Brewers but I doubt there's anybody in baseball that saw more in Gennett coming into this year than Villar.

Webb got the chance to throw all of eight innings. His AAA stats over the last two seasons are the pitching equivalent of what Cooper did this season at AAA with the bat. Way to nitpick though; the only reason why the Brewers are as close as they are now is because the not "genius" has created a pretty good roster in year two of a rebuild. I know it's really tough to comprehend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:18 PM Post
NievesNoNO said:
Way to nitpick though; the only reason why the Brewers are as close as they are now is because the not "genius" has created a pretty good roster in year two of a rebuild. I know it's really tough to comprehend.

You may want to mention Melvin in that equation with your snide remark as he has a huge imprint on that roster. Probably just as much as Stearns at this point. These are the type of comments that just aren't called for. Heaven forbid some posters don't agree with Stearns.

Last edited by Brew4U on August 10, 2017, 8:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:19 PM Post
This just isn't a good baseball team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:28 PM Post
Cooper was 2 for 4 today...up to .378 and too be quite honest since watching a bunch of his games at AAA, he's a better defensive 1B than Thames or Aguilar. He only plays one position but he's good at it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:34 PM Post
Brew4U said:
NievesNoNO said:
Way to nitpick though; the only reason why the Brewers are as close as they are now is because the not "genius" has created a pretty good roster in year two of a rebuild. I know it's really tough to comprehend.

You may want to mention Melvin in that equation with your snide remark as he has a huge imprint on that roster. Probably just as much as Stearns at this point. These are the type of comments that just aren't called for. Heaven forbid some posters don't agree with Stearns.

I wouldn't say Melvin has a huge impact on the roster. Melvin's guys like Braun and Nelson seem to be performing well. Stearns guys not so much right now but it's a 5 or 6 year rebuild so he has lots of time left.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:39 PM Post
I'm just spitballing here but maybe we should give Cooper more then 39 at bats before we start getting depressed over this trade? I mean Thames was Babe Ruth in April as I recall.......

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:43 PM Post
Boomer5 said:
treego14 said:

Cooper was going to be gone for nothing this off season as he wasn't making the 40 man roster and would've been a rule 5 pick for sure.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 8:54 PM Post
Baldkin said:

Cooper was going to be gone for nothing this off season as he wasn't making the 40 man roster and would've been a rule 5 pick for sure.

Maybe we should've moved Aguilar or Thames and played Cooper?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 9:00 PM Post
Yea move Thames so you can platoon two RB 1B who cant play any other position.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 9:01 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Stearns has definitely made some questionable moves at best. Hopefully we can say that around here without people jumping down others throats.

Cooper had no business being traded for a guy that most likely won't even be on our MLB team.

Like the Thornburg for Shaw, Dubon, Pennington, and Coca trade? Shaw hasn't help the team at all this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 9:05 PM Post
Brew4U said:
NievesNoNO said:

You are correct, my last comment was uncalled for. I apologize. I realize not everyone agrees with Stearns and this is an in game thread and gets to be a pretty reactionary thing. I'm upset they're getting their butts handed to them too by what I think is an inferior team at home.

I actually think Melvin was a good GM and yes he has some markings still on this roster. I don't think it has to be all or nothing or one or the other with these guys. You can think they both are decent GMs or both are not good; whatever.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Stearns called a genius and I don't think those that support what he's doing think that either. Obviously he's not perfect. I'd argue more good than bad at this point. In my opinion it's just as easy to point out short comings after the fact, as it is to point out what went right after the fact. I mean, dang him for trading away Lucroy, Jeffress, and Thornburg. Time will tell if he's making the right moves, but it's been a frustrating few weeks for sure.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply