LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 174 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-5 on a 10th inning wild pitch walk-off.]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#41

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 515
Location: La Crosse
adambr2 said:
Andrew Susac has started 2 games for us and I've already seen more of him than I ever care to. He is the worst pitch framer I've ever seen, is a lousy defensive catcher and can't hit. He is awful.

And he's terrible at calling games. Nothing but high cutters from Suter. Wish Suter would shake off once in a while.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#42

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:41 PM Post
Posts: 1184
Brent Suter is not good at baseball.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#43

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5112
Hopefully this is his last start. Bullpen, as a longer guy, fine. He can't be worse than what's currently in place. But starter, just no.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#44

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:44 PM Post
Posts: 127
Seems like just a week ago everyone was praising Suter. Oh wait....it was.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#45

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 515
Location: La Crosse
Does Susac know that Suter has a curveball?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#46

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:47 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5112
adambr2 said:
I know Villar has been good lately but my God. You've got 2 runs sitting out there with a single, how do you take strike 3 with 2 out. Just how?

Its maddening. These are the same guys that are swinging for the fences down 5 runs ahead in the count with nobody on. For crying out loud, understand the situation. How hard is it? This isn't specifically calling out Villar but numerous times I've seen that situational garbage from these guys.


He got rung up on the same pitch you complained that Broxton got rung up on.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#47

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:48 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5112
PinaMadness said:
Seems like just a week ago everyone was praising Suter. Oh wait....it was.


And three starts later, and LOSES later... he gon! Get the bum a plane ticket to Colorado. We are in a pennant race!!


Last edited by Brew4U on August 12, 2017, 6:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#48

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5112
Do the Dodgers still need a LF? Braun is hot!!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#49

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 515
Location: La Crosse
Brew4U said:
Do the Dodgers still need a LF? Braun is hot!!

Don't think they need anything but a healthy Kershaw right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#50

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:54 PM Post
Posts: 9490
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
I know Villar has been good lately but my God. You've got 2 runs sitting out there with a single, how do you take strike 3 with 2 out. Just how?

Its maddening. These are the same guys that are swinging for the fences down 5 runs ahead in the count with nobody on. For crying out loud, understand the situation. How hard is it? This isn't specifically calling out Villar but numerous times I've seen that situational garbage from these guys.


He got rung up on the same pitch you complained that Broxton got rung up on.


Has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. When it happened to Broxton, there was nobody on. When It happened to Villar, it was a run scoring situation, which calls for more aggression on borderline pitches. I would say that regardless of who was up. I even criticized Broxton in my post and said he's already going to strike out plenty on his own. You don't need to defend Villar in every possible situation when the criticism is clearly warranted.

And all that said, no, it wasn't the same pitch. Gameday had Broxton's clearly off the corner. Villar's caught the corner just barely on the edge, which does by the rule qualify as a strike.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#51

Posted: August 12, 2017, 6:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5112
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
I know Villar has been good lately but my God. You've got 2 runs sitting out there with a single, how do you take strike 3 with 2 out. Just how?

Its maddening. These are the same guys that are swinging for the fences down 5 runs ahead in the count with nobody on. For crying out loud, understand the situation. How hard is it? This isn't specifically calling out Villar but numerous times I've seen that situational garbage from these guys.


He got rung up on the same pitch you complained that Broxton got rung up on.


Has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. When it happened to Broxton, there was nobody on. When It happened to Villar, it was a run scoring situation, which calls for more aggression on borderline pitches. I would say that regardless of who was up. I even criticized Broxton in my post and said he's already going to strike out plenty on his own. You don't need to defend Villar in every possible situation when the criticism is clearly warranted.

And all that said, no, it wasn't the same pitch. Gameday had Broxton's clearly off the corner. Villar's caught the corner just barely on the edge, which does by the rule qualify as a strike.


[rolling eyes] Same spot on the tv's Fox Trax. Another poster said it was right down the middle. Carry on though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#52

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:01 PM Post
Posts: 127
Was still a coin flip whether the pitch to Broxton that hit him would be called a ball or strike.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#53

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:01 PM Post
Posts: 9490
Brew4U said:

[rolling eyes] Same spot on the tv's Fox Trax. Another poster said it was right down the middle. Carry on though.


Gameday uses Statcast which is supposed to be a legal display of the actual strike zone. FoxTrax does not.

Once again, not the point. If Broxton had K'ed looking right there I would have had the same criticism. It's a valid critique. You don't agree that with 2nd and 3rd and 2 out, a more aggressive approach is needed given the situation?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#54

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:02 PM Post
Posts: 127
Susac will come through here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#55

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:03 PM Post
Posts: 9490
It honestly is worth yanking Susac for Pina right here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#56

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:03 PM Post
Posts: 127
PinaMadness said:
Susac will come through here.

Yeah, who was I kidding with this? He really is terrible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#57

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:04 PM Post
Posts: 127
Pina should be catching every day.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#58

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:04 PM Post
Posts: 9490
Basically we have 2 pitchers at the back of our lineup.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#59

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5112
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

[rolling eyes] Same spot on the tv's Fox Trax. Another poster said it was right down the middle. Carry on though.


[sad] Gameday uses Statcast which is supposed to be a legal display of the actual strike zone. FoxTrax does not. [sad]

Once again, not the point. If Broxton had K'ed looking right there I would have had the same criticism. It's a valid critique. You don't agree that with 2nd and 3rd and 2 out, a more aggressive approach is needed given the situation?


I do. But sometimes you get busted inside and K's happen. He got caught over the plate and rung up on a "ball." It happens.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-12: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT
#60

Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:04 PM Post
Posts: 6081
Location: Kenosha, WI
I'd be mad at Susac, but he probably even agrees he shouldn't be playing...ever.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 174 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test