LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-21: Brewers (Davies) at Giants (Stratton) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-0]

Offline  Re: 2017-08-21: Brewers (Davies) at Giants (Stratton) 9:15 PM CDT

Posted: August 21, 2017, 10:58 PM Post
Vogt is safe. All calls from CB Buckner should automatically be reviewed, he is the worst.

Quote   Reply 

I'm an admitted replay hater, but that was beautiful. Obviously wrong call, took 10 seconds of review, and the game moves on. How it was always meant to work, though often does not.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

WoahSolvdd said:
You sided with a mod over a noob..shocking.

"some against teams even better than the Brewers"
Do you know what condescending is...well thats the definition. He reminded me the Giants are a MLB team.. yes thankfully he reminded me.

He also didnt post stats he said what Thames does better, I can cherry pick too.

If that is going to get you bent out of shape might as well close your account down now. Stay around long enough and you will realize that wasn't very condescending.

Also the mods around here hunt down condescending posts like it is their full time job. I'm kidding of course, but condescending stuff usually gets shot down real fast by the mods. That wasn't really condescending.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 10:59 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
Believe it or not, in baseball, you can hit the ball hard and it can be caught.

Believe it or not you can hit the ball soft and get a hit

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 10:59 PM Post
Ugggh Aggy the second pitch was the one

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:00 PM Post
Another terrible AB. Good grief Aguilar, Broxton could have done that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:00 PM Post
I can't agree with this. Braun had one of the worst ABs I've ever seen from him. Several 3-1 pitches that went for lazy grounders. Lots of first pitch groundball outs. Not much of a threat at any point tonight. Feel like we've been watching different games -- I haven't seen many good ABs at all tonight.

They've lined out to Pence about 5 times tonight, especially earlier in the ball game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:01 PM Post
Aguilar watches 2 fastballs go right down the middle, doesn't swing, falls behind 0-2 and then thinks the next pitch will be a FB right down the middle, takes a bad swing and Ks. The team must have dinner reservations soon

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:02 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Do you know what condescending is...well thats the definition. He reminded me the Giants are a MLB team.. yes thankfully he reminded me.

He also didnt post stats he said what Thames does better, I can cherry pick too.

If that is going to get you bent out of shape might as well close your account down now. Stay around long enough and you will realize that wasn't very condescending.

Also the mods around here hunt down condescending posts like it is their full time job. I'm kidding of course, but condescending stuff usually gets shot down real fast by the mods. That wasn't really condescending.

Condescending - having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.

Telling me the Giants even beat better team then the brewers sometimes isnt condescending??? Lol [laughing]

No need to defend the mod guys. I get it. He is a mod. Brownie points mean something.

Last edited by WoahSolvdd on August 21, 2017, 11:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:03 PM Post
topper09er said:
Aguilar watches 2 fastballs go right down the middle, doesn't swing, falls behind 0-2 and then thinks the next pitch will be a FB right down the middle, takes a bad swing and Ks. The team must have dinner reservations soon

I get using Aguilar there, but I don't understand why they didn't take a shot with him for Vogt instead of Broxton, who obviously had a much better chance of tying the game than Vogt did.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:05 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
MrTPlush said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Telling me the Giants even beat better team then the brewers sometimes isnt condescending??? Lol

Given your posts in this gamethread today, most would honestly think you need to be reminded of this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:07 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
MrTPlush said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Telling me the Giants even beat better team then the brewers sometimes isnt condescending??? Lol [laughing]

No need to defend the mod guys. I get it. He is a mod. Brownie points mean something.

I actually didn't know he was even a mod until you mentioned it as I was just reading quotes. I don't even know what mod it was. This conspiracy against you doesn't exist man. Like I said if this is really offending you this much better prepare yourself.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:08 PM Post
Somewhere

Im glad you speak for the masses. How many brownie points does it take to cash in for a custom brewers jacket?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:10 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
Somewhere

Im glad you speak for the masses. How many brownie points does it take to cash in for a custom brewers jacket?

About 3.50

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:11 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
I can't agree with this. Braun had one of the worst ABs I've ever seen from him. Several 3-1 pitches that went for lazy grounders. Lots of first pitch groundball outs. Not much of a threat at any point tonight. Feel like we've been watching different games -- I haven't seen many good ABs at all tonight.

They've lined out to Pence about 5 times tonight, especially earlier in the ball game.

Actually there was 4, but nothing hard after the 4th inning. Stratton wasn't dominant at all tonight, and he actually fell behind in a lot of counts, we just couldn't make him pay.

Not saying there were no good ABs tonigbt, but they were definitely outnumbered by the bad ones.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:16 PM Post
adambr2 said:
SomewhereInTime said:

Actually there was 4, but nothing hard after the 4th inning. Stratton wasn't dominant at all tonight, and he actually fell behind in a lot of counts, we just couldn't make him pay.

Not saying there were no good ABs tonigbt, but they were definitely outnumbered by the bad ones.

I mean I'll admit, the 8th and 9th were pretty brutal and that does skew things a bit. Just seemed like earlier in the game they didn't strike out, they drew walks, were working deep into counts and hitting hard liners and grounders that found gloves. I'm just not that mad about this one, but the next two are super winnable games. Those are two bad starting pitchers, especially Moore. They need to get the next two.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:16 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
WoahSolvdd said:
Somewhere

About 3.50

Lol. About what I expected from someone like you. Good Job

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:19 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:

I mean I'll admit, the 8th and 9th were pretty brutal and that does skew things a bit. Just seemed like earlier in the game they didn't strike out, they drew walks, were working deep into counts and hitting hard liners and grounders that found gloves. I'm just not that mad about this one, but the next two are super winnable games. Those are two bad starting pitchers, especially Moore. They need to get the next two.

The Brewers do really good verse bad pitchers

Looked reeeeal good vs Matt Cain tonight to. Hope they can smash Moore like they did Bartolo.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2017, 11:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
WoahSolvdd said:

wRC+, BB% & K% are all stats which are directly influenced by a batter's approach. Digging a little deeper it looks like Aguilar (33.8%) also swings at a much higher rate of pitches outside the strike zone compared to Thames (26.6%).

If you prefer Aguilar's approach that is of course your prerogative, but most of the data to this point (both in terms of process & results) seems to favor the approach employed by Thames.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2017, 5:45 AM Post
Not sure what was more annoying, waking up to see that they did indeed lose 2-0 or this WoahSolvdd's posts in the game thread. Good grief dude.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply