LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 154 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-23: Brewers (Garza) at Giants (Moore) 2:45 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Offline  Re: 2017-08-23: Brewers (Garza) at Giants (Moore) 2:45 PM CDT
Posted: August 23, 2017, 4:56 PM Post
Lose 2 out of 3 to SF. Now on to the best team in baseball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 4:57 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
And please stop with the begging for bunts and small ball stuff. No one was complaining when that offense carried them the first half mashing everywhere. You don't need to 'manufacture' anything. You simply need to come up with hits in RISP, any hit.

And please stop telling people that asking for small ball is wrong and that your opinion is right.

In the playoffs you need to manufacture runs, your faces top pitching talent.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-23: Brewers (Garza) at Giants (Moore) 2:45 PM CDT
Posted: August 23, 2017, 4:59 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
tmwiese55 said:
And please stop with the begging for bunts and small ball stuff. No one was complaining when that offense carried them the first half mashing everywhere. You don't need to 'manufacture' anything. You simply need to come up with hits in RISP, any hit.

And please stop telling people that asking for small ball is wrong and that your opinion is right.

I would be interested to see how many manufactured runs occurred last year CLE vs CHI.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:00 PM Post
So lose 2 outta 3 to the Giants while scoring 1 run vs gas can moore and people are optimistic about Dodgers series because there is no Bellinger, Kershaw, Wood?

Where is this blind optimism coming from..can i get some please? I truly dont wanna be a pessimist..jusy see myself as more of a realist

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:02 PM Post
Brew4U said:
WoahSolvdd said:
tmwiese55 said:

I would be interested to see how many manufactured runs occurred last year CLE vs CHI.

Your right HR or bust.

Very intelligent, how about the Royals Cards Giants ? Ever heard of them?

Way to base your argument off of one series, one year.

Nationals a power team, how have they fared past few years in playoffs.

I know bunting and moving runners over isnt "cool" but neither is hitting HRs all season to get into the playoffs were your face 1s 2s and good 3s and getting shutdown.

Last edited by WoahSolvdd on August 23, 2017, 5:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:04 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
So lose 2 outta 3 to the Giants while scoring 1 run vs gas can moore and people are optimistic about Dodgers series because there is no Bellinger, Kershaw, Wood?

Where is this blind optimism coming from..can i get some please? I truly dont wanna be a pessimist..jusy see myself as more of a realist

Blind optimism?

The percentage of people here who think the Brewers will actually make the playoffs is likely 5% at best.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:05 PM Post
rcc said:

Which means we will sweep that series...Watch and see!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:08 PM Post
I like going into the IGT's and arguing with everyone. It's my hobby.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:09 PM Post
danzig6767 said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Blind optimism?

The percentage of people here who think the Brewers will actually make the playoffs is likely 5% at best.

Not just making the playoffs, but staying in contention. Losing 2 of 3 to the woeful giants and getting shut down by a gas can w a 6 era wont keep them in contention long...especially with more away games then home games left...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:10 PM Post
3and2Fastball said:
I like going into the IGT's and arguing with everyone. It's my hobby.

I love people that get mad when someone doesnt think like the entire group.

Ahhh good ole group think..btw you can say my name,

Why Adam is one of the few here I respect and has been a top poster here for the 15 years I have followed this board.

Instead of throwing shade how about having a intellectual discussion. No need for veiled shots.

I love the Brewers. I am allowed to be upset, disappointed.

I wont instigate, I will retaliate, if my intellect or I am talked down to.

Seems new users get this treatment. Mind you though I have been on this been since '03. Ill show respect to those who show me respect.

Last edited by WoahSolvdd on August 23, 2017, 5:18 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:15 PM Post
turborickey said:
rcc said:

If you're right we'll all be very happy!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:16 PM Post
rcc said:
turborickey said:
rcc said:

If you're right we'll all be very happy!

Brewers tend to play up to competition and down to it...

Brewers could have easily swept LA earlier this season...but now both are very different teams.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:23 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
WoahSolvdd said:
Brewers could have easily swept LA earlier this season...but now both are very different teams.

Could have but didn't...because the Dodgers have a better bullpen.

The Yankees beat the 2001 Seattle Mariners, so I guess anything could happen this weekend.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:25 PM Post
owbc said:
WoahSolvdd said:

The Yankees beat the 2001 Seattle Mariners, so I guess anything could happen this weekend.

Yes of course. If memory serves me Brewers gave up a huge 8th inning lead. I am just saying...we up our game vs top tier teams and lower it to the bottom feeders..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:29 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
Brew4U said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Your right HR or bust.

Very intelligent, how about the Royals Cards Giants ? Ever heard of them?

Way to base your argument off of one series, one year.

Nationals a power team, how have they fared past few years in playoffs.

I know bunting and moving runners over isnt "cool" but neither is hitting HRs all season to get into the playoffs were your face 1s 2s and good 3s and getting shutdown.

Ummm... excuse yourself. I wasn't writing what I did to call you out. I was genuinely interested because YOU brought it up. Learn how to respond to people without this crap.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 5:29 PM Post
owbc said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Yes of course. If memory serves me Brewers gave up a huge 8th inning lead. I am just saying...we up our game vs top tier teams and lower it to the bottom feeders..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 6:29 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Love all the negativity towards Villar and especially Garza. Works five innings allowing only a run. It's what a 5th starter does. Nice job boys.

No one on this board ever overreacts to one inning...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 6:32 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
Pathetic giving Moore one of his best outings of the year. Thought that was only what the 2003 crew did. Cmon

Glad to see Hader in. Gj Garza

This year Moore has severe reverse splits:

vs. LHB: 1.068 OPS-A
vs. RHB: .753 OPS-A

For his career he has slight reverse splits:

vs. LHB: .756
vs. RHB: .722

And yet Counsell sits Thames and Walker. Does Counsell not have these stats available to him? How much time does it take to look this stuff up?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 6:53 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:
tmwiese55 said:

Sure, ignore that math has proven this to be clearly incorrect. What good is to bunt guys into RISP if you can't get them in? That is the problem right now. They're getting plenty of hits and guys on base, just not delivering the big hits to get them in or sac flies when less than 2 outs. Giving away outs with bunts is not going to fix that. The math has proven this, it's not a debatable opinion, it is a fact.

And I don't think people arguing with you is over different opinions or views. It's that you're nothing but negative and act like the team some godawful catastrophe. When in reality they've massively overachieved and still hanging in this thing with 5-6 weeks to go and are basically in every game until the end, almost never get blown out. If you can't enjoy any of that maybe it's best to be a bit less die hard or the stress will kill you. I guess they/me are just trying to say to ease of espn style overreactions, relax and remember it's a long season and enjoy it a little bit. We all have the same frustrations and see the same issues as you, some of it is just the ups and downs of a baseball season though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 23, 2017, 7:33 PM Post
Bunting with your slow catcher on 1st with a guy that really struggles making contact would have been a really awful move. Bunting there is clearly the wrong thing to do given the players who were on base and due up. There are some things I don't like about Counsell but properly not bunting in bad situations is not one of them. I showed this last time someone complained about not bunting but bunting is never the right play without there being some positive context to the play. Either a really good bunter up, a really bad hitter up, a fast guy on base, bunting to bad fielders etc. I'm not saying it is always wrong but there needs to be a reason that it is better than average success rate in that specific situation and in this case it clearly was not.

The Cardinals and Giants didn't bunt often in their World Series years either. The Royals only did it with their really bad hitters.

It has to be really hard to be a fan with a glass completely empty mentality. I feel bad for you.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 154 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply