LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 173 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-27: Brewers (Nelson) at Dodgers (Darvish) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Offline  Re: 2017-08-27: Brewers (Nelson) at Dodgers (Darvish) 3:10 PM CDT
Posted: August 27, 2017, 5:48 PM Post
I think this says that the Brewers can hang with the big boys if we get the opportunity in the playoffs. A series win against the Dodgers while only going 1fer with RISP is incredible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 5:49 PM Post
Jimmy gets his elusive 10th win. He deserves it today. Knebel for the save.

Shaw with that play in the ninth. Great game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 5:49 PM Post
stalton said:
I think this says that the Brewers can hang with the big boys if we get the opportunity in the playoffs. A series win against the Dodgers while only going 1fer with RISP is incredible.

Anderson Nelson Davies...we get some runs we can make it interesting

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 5:50 PM Post
Always feels good to win going into a day off. I'm pumped about this series. Enjoying the fact that this team is right in it on the edge of September.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 5:51 PM Post
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
Always feels good to win going into a day off. I'm pumped about this series. Enjoying the fact that this team is right in it on the edge of September.

Just need Braun to heat back up along w a few guys. Play walker everyday too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 5:51 PM Post
The Dodgers hadn't lost a series since June.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 6:07 PM Post
Something even more rare than the Dodgers losing a series this year happened this game, namely that Kenley Jansen gave up a walk. That walk to Manny Pineapple was only his 6th this year, in 58 innings. He's ridiculous. That Corey Knebel can (almost) keep up with Jansen, while walking more than 5 times as many batters says a lot about how good the rest of Coreys game is.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 6:44 PM Post
Great day out at the ballpark! Reserved crowd today given the Dodgers are only chasing records and Yu looked rusty from the start. We caught them on a good weekend for sure. As much I love the 2/3...the Brewers aren't in the same zip code when the Dodgers are at full strength. Saw plenty of Brewers fans, but not as many as a couple years ago...not sure which night the UW alumni were out there, but that's usually the big draw.

I did have a brat at the game. Appreciate the effort Dodgers...even with the brown mustard. Just needs some Kraut. Also...what's up with the white bread bun? sigh...

The Brewers top three pitchers look fantastic. Big Sweat was awesome today. Between Swarczak, Hader and Knebel they just need a solid 6. That will keep them in plenty of games, but those bats will need to get going. If Braun can heat up, they have a shot.

Back to you Milwaukee, the West Coast is out...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 27, 2017, 10:48 PM Post
SoCal Brew Crew Fan said:
Great day out at the ballpark! Reserved crowd today given the Dodgers are only chasing records and Yu looked rusty from the start. We caught them on a good weekend for sure. As much I love the 2/3...the Brewers aren't in the same zip code when the Dodgers are at full strength. Saw plenty of Brewers fans, but not as many as a couple years ago...not sure which night the UW alumni were out there, but that's usually the big draw.

I did have a brat at the game. Appreciate the effort Dodgers...even with the brown mustard. Just needs some Kraut. Also...what's up with the white bread bun? sigh...

The Brewers top three pitchers look fantastic. Big Sweat was awesome today. Between Swarczak, Hader and Knebel they just need a solid 6. That will keep them in plenty of games, but those bats will need to get going. If Braun can heat up, they have a shot.

Back to you Milwaukee, the West Coast is out...

Well...nobody is. We could win 5 games the rest of the way and I'd consider this year a success. We were supposed to be picking in the top 5 in next years draft. We just took a series from far and away the best team in baseball and 6 games on a West Coast swing. They've made what everyone assumed would be a rebuilding season a competitive and fun one. Can't ask for too much more than that...

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-27: Brewers (Nelson) at Dodgers (Darvish) 3:10 PM CDT
Posted: August 28, 2017, 5:42 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
A series win!!!!!! Brewers best the Dodgers! Take that negative nancys of the forum!

Take that? Do you think anyone here is disappointed about the result?

Heck, I'll own it, I thought one win in LA would have been fine, didn't think they had much of a chance to win the series, but I'm thrilled to be wrong about it. Winning 5-4 road trip out West is a success.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 28, 2017, 6:13 AM Post
MoreTrife said:
I hate the Brewer's offense. Just feels like we're stuck with three runs. Since all star break, we trickle across 1-3 runs then nothing.

It drives me crazy how often we strike out. Don't we lead the bigs here? [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 28, 2017, 6:20 AM Post
MoreTrife said:
Jansen showboating with looking at Pina during wind-up. Hope Braun crushes one but expecting K.

Edit: Yep. Braun in massive slump.

Darn it! When I saw The Chicken have Braun hit in that situation I just knew he was gonna strike out. Why not try Aguilar there??

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 1:28 AM Post
Pugger said:
MoreTrife said:
Jansen showboating with looking at Pina during wind-up. Hope Braun crushes one but expecting K.

Edit: Yep. Braun in massive slump.

Darn it! When I saw The Chicken have Braun hit in that situation I just knew he was gonna strike out. Why not try Aguilar there??

I love Aguilar...he's been impressive as hell this year. But you always go with Braun. He's got his warts, but at the endof the day, he's the best offensive player on the team. I'll take him over anyway. This has been Braun's second worst season and he's still been at least as good as Aguilar.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 173 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply