LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 74 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-2]

Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:23 PM Post
adambr2 said:
5 walks in 3 and a third for Garza and people want to say it's on his teammates. Unreal.

Nobody actually said that, in fact nobody in this thread defended Garza the pitcher. The 3rd inning included an error by Shaw, the ump missing two strikes leading to a walk, a bobbled ball by Arcia, a very poor decision to try to turn 2 by Walker, a bad throw to the plate by Thames. It also included Garza fumbling a come backer and the catcher missing a throw he easily could have caught. Garza is not really to blame for 3 runs that inning, maybe 1 is on him. Trying to blame the 3rd on Garza is what another poster called hate and I get it, people dislike him so much that he gets no benefit of the doubt at all.

I would gladly see them cut ties with Garza. I don't think they will because we have him next year and the team needs depth. He is not a good pitcher at all, but the 3rd inning isn't a reason why he is a bad pitcher, it was bad defense all over the infield.

I will tell you, between about 4 of the posters in this game thread this is why I left these forums back in 2014. The constant complaining about every little thing, second guessing everything and just being complete downers every time the team has a bad game makes this forum unpleasant to visit. Its like you all get some sort of joy out of the team doing poorly. This team was not built for a playoff run, it is in the midst of a rebuild. Of course it is going to have flaws here and there and fixing them this season would have been idiotic because it would have required majorly mortgaging the future. Try to be happy that the team is still in a playoff race this late in the season with no payroll and having traded away most of the top talent on it and having a great farm system. This year should be a celebration not just constant negativity.

Last edited by Ennder on August 29, 2017, 7:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:25 PM Post
Whiff......whiff...whiff.....

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:27 PM Post
Ennder said:
adambr2 said:
5 walks in 3 and a third for Garza and people want to say it's on his teammates. Unreal.

Nobody actually said that, in fact nobody in this thread defended Garza the pitcher. The 3rd inning included an error by Shaw, the ump missing two strikes leading to a walk, a bobbled ball by Arcia, a very poor decision to try to turn 2 by Walker, a bad throw to the plate by Thames. It also included Garza fumbling a come backer and the catcher missing a throw he easily could have caught. Garza is not really to blame for 3 runs that inning, maybe 1 is on him. Trying to blame the 3rd on Garza is what another poster called hate and I get it, people dislike him so much that he gets no benefit of the doubt at all.

I would gladly see them cut ties with Garza. I don't think they will because we have him next year and the team needs depth. He is not a good pitcher at all, but the 3rd inning isn't a reason why he is a bad pitcher, it was bad defense all over the infield.

"Matt Garza gave up a single and a walk...his team decided to give up three runs"

That is not defending Garza the pitcher or saying it's on his team?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:28 PM Post
I don't like to criticize Shaw much because he's pretty much been our best player but he needs to step up and start playing better. Definitely not a good day for him either offensively or defensively so far.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:29 PM Post
That's the second time tonight a Brewer has struck out on a pitch in the dirt to which Brian said it was a foul tip. If it was a foul tip and hit the dirt, it wouldn't be a strikeout. Pay attention.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:31 PM Post
This team is such a tease. Every time they start to get a little something going and look like they're going to start making a run for the playoffs, they go and take 2 steps back again.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:32 PM Post
Ennder said:
adambr2 said:

We only have him.if we choose to pick up his option. Garza isn't the kind of depth they need....I'd rather use the 5 million elseware.

What we get out of Garza we can likely get out of Jungmann, Guerra or somebody else at AAA or AA.....or somebody who,isn't on the roster now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:36 PM Post
Nothing like laying an egg in front of a big home crowd after a long road trip

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:37 PM Post
On the positive side Torres doing his part to help Houston

https://twitter.com/langoschmlb/status/ ... 4414438400

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:39 PM Post
Look, Garza is a lightning rod for criticism. That kind of comes with the territory of expectations when you sign a rather lucrative FA contract (in historical perspective) with the Brewers. It doesn't help when you complain and moan after a terrible year and leave your teammates and go home. Fans aren't going to like that. Fans aren't going to like it when you're tweeting about what others should and shouldn't do regarding abstinence and birth control.

So yes, I get that it can be unfair at times, but I can also understand why he gets the flack he does.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:40 PM Post
markedman5 said:

I mean, deep down, is anyone really THAT surprised?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:43 PM Post
adambr2 said:
markedman5 said:

I mean, deep down, is anyone really THAT surprised?

Yes. We never get our backsides handed to us by the Cardinals.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:43 PM Post
Tomorrow's headline: Brewers awarded Nicasio on waivers, DFA Torres

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:47 PM Post
For me, the thing about Garza is that he just isn't any fun to watch pitch. He's always got runners on base, he nibbles a lot, and he's not a quick worker. Plus, he's a horrible fielder and I don't trust him to throw to any base at all. He had a good first half, and he's had some good starts in the second. At 5 million on an option for next year, I get it. Part of me is hoping they fill out the 2018 rotation with young guys, though, or maybe see if Garza's willing to give the bullpen a shot. He probably adds value to the rotation next year, but there just isn't a lot of upset or joy in it. At least not for me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:58 PM Post
Everybody else we need to lose is now winning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:02 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Everybody else we need to lose is now winning.

Yep, it's not been a good day. Likely looking at 3.5 back in the division and 4 in the WC at days end.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:13 PM Post
Silver lining; Garza, Torres and Drake are used in this mess which should probably keep them from any meaningful games the next few days.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:16 PM Post
Anyone who defends Garza is just a contrarian. Between his numbers throughout his contract and the way he pitches, he is total garbage.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
For me, the thing about Garza is that he just isn't any fun to watch pitch. He's always got runners on base, he nibbles a lot, and he's not a quick worker. Plus, he's a horrible fielder and I don't trust him to throw to any base at all. He had a good first half, and he's had some good starts in the second. At 5 million on an option for next year, I get it. Part of me is hoping they fill out the 2018 rotation with young guys, though, or maybe see if Garza's willing to give the bullpen a shot. He probably adds value to the rotation next year, but there just isn't a lot of upset or joy in it. At least not for me.

This.

Garza might be a decent value play for the Brewers next year. But I really dislike watching him pitch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:24 PM Post
IT been really fun with the ups and downs first we take 2/3 from LA/
the one team that i really hate to see is the Cards they always find a way to ruin a positive feeling

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 74 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply