LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 74 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-2]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#61

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8027
If we can't win our games i am not going to cry about the other teams winning


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#62

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:36 PM Post
Posts: 10173
Might as well ride Drake for 4 innings tonight. Or see what Jesus Aguilar can do on the mound.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#63

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:47 PM Post
Posts: 470
Location: Madison, WI
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
For me, the thing about Garza is that he just isn't any fun to watch pitch. He's always got runners on base, he nibbles a lot, and he's not a quick worker. Plus, he's a horrible fielder and I don't trust him to throw to any base at all. He had a good first half, and he's had some good starts in the second. At 5 million on an option for next year, I get it. Part of me is hoping they fill out the 2018 rotation with young guys, though, or maybe see if Garza's willing to give the bullpen a shot. He probably adds value to the rotation next year, but there just isn't a lot of upset or joy in it. At least not for me.


Actually I wouldn't say Garza had a good first half. I'd say he had a good first five starts and it's all been downhill after that. Since his first five starts of the season, here are the numbers (including tonight):

16 games, 79 2/3 innings, 87 hits, 50 earned runs, 37 walks, 53 strikeouts

That's a 5.65 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP. This is where I think some of the WAR algorithms are whacked as it's really hard for me to believe he's above replacement level (and really hasn't been since 2014).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#64

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1728
We've scored 2 runs. Garza stinking it up again is a concern but this offense desperately needs to get it going. Outside of the Reds and Rockies series, they have done virtually nothing since the all-star break.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#65

Posted: August 29, 2017, 9:02 PM Post
Posts: 1249
For the love of Christ somebody please get Barnes (and Garza) out of town. Wow.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#66

Posted: August 29, 2017, 9:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6460
Did Pina get hurt? I see he was pinch hit for pretty early.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#67

Posted: August 29, 2017, 9:25 PM Post
Posts: 4345
jerichoholicninja said:
Did Pina get hurt? I see he was pinch hit for pretty early.

Yep......


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#68

Posted: August 29, 2017, 9:56 PM Post
Posts: 37
Post game...a reporter asked with the call ups, would Garza still be the expected started for Sunday. Counsell jumped around the question like he usually does if it's a question about a negative performance and said all things will be looked at but as of right now, he is the penciled in starter. I give the reporter credit because most of the post game questions are usually softball ones because they know Counsell will talk around any hardball questions he gets. But realistically, that was also all Counsell really could say. He never airs dirty laundry with the press. And he said as of now. The future may change between now and then. Stay tuned.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#69

Posted: August 30, 2017, 5:16 AM Post
Posts: 437
superfly said:
For the love of Christ somebody please get Barnes (and Garza) out of town. Wow.


I went to bed and missed it.. Why are we running Barnes out of town? Is he in danger?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#70

Posted: August 30, 2017, 7:16 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
For me, the thing about Garza is that he just isn't any fun to watch pitch. He's always got runners on base, he nibbles a lot, and he's not a quick worker. Plus, he's a horrible fielder and I don't trust him to throw to any base at all. He had a good first half, and he's had some good starts in the second. At 5 million on an option for next year, I get it. Part of me is hoping they fill out the 2018 rotation with young guys, though, or maybe see if Garza's willing to give the bullpen a shot. He probably adds value to the rotation next year, but there just isn't a lot of upset or joy in it. At least not for me.


GMTA

I was just thinking perhaps Garza should go to the bullpen. I really don't want to see him starting any longer.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#71

Posted: August 30, 2017, 7:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
wibadgers23 said:
We've scored 2 runs. Garza stinking it up again is a concern but this offense desperately needs to get it going. Outside of the Reds and Rockies series, they have done virtually nothing since the all-star break.


I wish our guys would take a page out of what the Cardinals do = be patient at the plate. Aren't we the worst in the majors striking out?? Its difficult to move runners along when you are striking out at a ridiculous rate. [sad]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#72

Posted: August 30, 2017, 8:36 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4602
ZBTMP said:
superfly said:
For the love of Christ somebody please get Barnes (and Garza) out of town. Wow.


I went to bed and missed it.. Why are we running Barnes out of town? Is he in danger?

Because he walked a guy. You know, because every other reliever in the league has perfect innings, they never give up walks or hits.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#73

Posted: August 30, 2017, 8:43 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6460
LouisEly said:
ZBTMP said:
superfly said:
For the love of Christ somebody please get Barnes (and Garza) out of town. Wow.


I went to bed and missed it.. Why are we running Barnes out of town? Is he in danger?

Because he walked a guy. You know, because every other reliever in the league has perfect innings, they never give up walks or hits.


I'm guessing it was probably more the flubbed defensive play.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-08-29: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT
#74

Posted: August 30, 2017, 9:08 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5937
Barnes has become the Villar of these message boards. Expectations that they will never possibly meet and constant complaints throughout. Both have warts but can be good players for the Brewers. Give it a rest already people.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 74 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test