LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 231 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-05: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Stephenson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-05: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Stephenson) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:23 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
Why even bother calling up Taylor Williams if you're just gonna use trash can Torres.

Williams is a rookie and he might not pitch well.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-09-05: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Stephenson) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:24 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
Why even bother calling up Taylor Williams if you're just gonna use trash can Torres.

A fatter paycheck and a look at what a MLB clubhouse looks like, I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:30 PM Post
adambr2 said:

Not that Craig hasn't already bungled this game plenty, but if you're not going to bring Taylor Williams into a game here I don't know when you ever will.

Craig will wait until a game is on the line, then bring him in, rather than getting his feet wet in a non crucial situation. Watch and see.

I am becoming a non fan of CC, but then again, I hated Yost and RRR too. *sigh*

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:31 PM Post
Sweet tasty Torres cherry on top.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:36 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
Brian Price sure is an interesting Manager..he uses Iglesias frequently to get more then 3 outs, and his team is one of the worst in baseball. Managers from winning teams hardly ever do that. It's interesting that he gives a damn that much about winning now when his team has been dead and buried for months.

That's what I was thinking. Seems pretty stupid to burn out your closer trying to win pointless games. But I guess he was a starter and they probably just want him to get work.

That's not what I was thinking. The way I saw it is that the Reds got in a jam and they put in their best pitcher to get out of it, even though it wasn't at the most conventional time. If Counsel did this in the 7th (ie put in Knebel or Swarzak rather than stick with Barnes), the Brewers could have very well won this game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:41 PM Post
The thing that all of seem to forget is the fact that this team is still in a playoff hunt in September..

No one thought this was going to happen in March.

Yup, it's frustrating but this team has exceeded all of our expectations this season, and there is still a chance we see post season baseball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:49 PM Post
I just can't believe the WAY the team frustrates. Losing to crap teams after beating good teams. How is that explained!?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-09-05: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Stephenson) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 05, 2017, 8:53 PM Post
turborickey said:
The thing that all of seem to forget is the fact that this team is still in a playoff hunt in September..

No one thought this was going to happen in March.

Yup, it's frustrating but this team has exceeded all of our expectations this season, and there is still a chance we see post season baseball.

I doubt we are going to make it, but you are right. Big picture, they have stayed relevant and interesting longer than even the most optimistic here would have expected.

It gets tough to keep that perspective in a reactionary type game thread, especially after dropping 2 crucial games to a team we know we should beat.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 9:39 PM Post
MoreTrife said:
I just can't believe the WAY the team frustrates. Losing to crap teams after beating good teams. How is that explained!?

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I believe the Dodgers/Nats don't want to see the Cubs in the playoffs and are secretly hoping we get in.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 7:59 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
So stupid to have Villar in center

I understand versatility in players but it's getting to the point where guys can't get comfortable at one position. I would rather have a player play one position well than multiple positions mediocre. I think counsell moves players around way too much.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-05: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Stephenson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]
Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:37 AM Post
what a terrible effort again and losing another series to the reds boy that hurts and will be a another log on the fire that we let a playoff berth slip away. It funny how they play their worst games against bad teams

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 231 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply