LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers score first, but lose, 7-1]

Author Message
Offline  2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers score first, but lose, 7-1]
#1

Posted: September 06, 2017, 8:20 AM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 14571
BREWERS (72-67)
2B Hernan Perez (R)
1B Neil Walker (S)
LF Ryan Braun (R)
3B Travis Shaw (L)
RF Domingo Santana (R)
C Stephen Vogt (L)
CF Keon Broxton (R)
SS Orlando Arcia (R)
RHP Matt Garza (R)

REDS (60-79)
CF Billy Hamilton (S)
SS Zack Cozart (R)
1B Joey Votto (L)
LF Adam Duvall (R)
3B Eugenio Suarez (R)
RF Scott Schebler (L)
2B Jose Peraza (R)
C Tucker Barnhart (S)
RHP Luis Castillo (R)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#2

Posted: September 06, 2017, 8:33 AM Post
Posts: 184
I'm not really one to care too much about batting orders beyond the fairly basic stuff, but having the player with the worst OBP in the lineup leading off just makes zero sense to me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#3

Posted: September 06, 2017, 8:45 AM Post
Posts: 2048
Lathund said:
I'm not really one to care too much about batting orders beyond the fairly basic stuff, but having the player with the worst OBP in the lineup leading off just makes zero sense to me.


Yea, I have been a bit surprised with the lineups the last few days. He HAS to have Villar playing CF, but then doesnt play him at 2B and instead trots Perez out there. Odd to me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#4

Posted: September 06, 2017, 8:46 AM Post
Posts: 1639
Location: Madison, WI
So Villar has been so hot we needed him in CF last night vs the righty. But today he's not needed and Perez is in instead? As some might recall I was the one saying I got the logic on it last night. What i don't get is flipping the logic a day later. He got a hit last night and I think hit it hard one other time (but could be wrong), and laid down a bunt when asked. Don't see why he wouldn't be back in today


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#5

Posted: September 06, 2017, 9:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5665
Yep, Counsell is beginning to really overthink this and it is getting very annoying.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#6

Posted: September 06, 2017, 9:44 AM Post
Posts: 351
Location: New Berlin, WI
Brew4U said:
Yep, Counsell is beginning to really overthink this and it is getting very annoying.


I've been thinking this for weeks. I feel like I've been disagreeing with most of his decisions for a while. I feel like he overmanages in the wrong spots and has been making poor decisions. I felt like his biggest mistake yesterday was letting Barnes face Votto. I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking letting that happen. Sure Gennett hit a HR off wang, I still felt like the right move there is having Wang face votto. Clearly Barnes didn't have it and he was already around 20 pitches. I'm also not sure why Villar was bunting there, that hasn't been his strategy all season...why switch in September? And then all this tinkering with the lineup, and why in the world has Thames been sitting so much? Is he injured and I'm completely unaware of it? Thames was career 2 for 2 with 2 hr against the starter last night, why in the world would you bench him unless he's injured. I hope he's taking notes of the decisions he's making...as a young manager he should be learning from some of these mistakes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#7

Posted: September 06, 2017, 10:03 AM Post
Posts: 601
Why isn't Thames in the lineup. He does well against the Reds and he sits. We had better not see Barnes today either. He was left in too long and the game got out of hand fast last night.

A good game from Garza today is really crucial to salvage at least one win in this series. I have my doubts but I will be very happy to be surprised if he does get a win today.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#8

Posted: September 06, 2017, 10:37 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6297
Perez has hit leadoff a few times. It's maddening and in no way defendable.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#9

Posted: September 06, 2017, 10:40 AM Post
Posts: 601
First baseman Walker hits one out to give the Crew the lead. Good start.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#10

Posted: September 06, 2017, 10:43 AM Post
Posts: 601
Hamilton misses that ball and Travis gets a hit. For once Hamilton doesn't take a hit away from the Crew.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#11

Posted: September 06, 2017, 10:54 AM Post
Posts: 1639
Location: Madison, WI
For the love of god, can we just had a solid 7-2 win with no drama, please.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#12

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:09 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4164
tmwiese55 said:
For the love of god, can we just had a solid 7-2 win with no drama, please.


With Garza pitching? I doubt it


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#13

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:11 AM Post
Posts: 480
Location: Oshkosh
KeithStone53151 said:
Brew4U said:
Yep, Counsell is beginning to really overthink this and it is getting very annoying.


I've been thinking this for weeks. I feel like I've been disagreeing with most of his decisions for a while. I feel like he overmanages in the wrong spots and has been making poor decisions. I felt like his biggest mistake yesterday was letting Barnes face Votto. I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking letting that happen. Sure Gennett hit a HR off wang, I still felt like the right move there is having Wang face votto. Clearly Barnes didn't have it and he was already around 20 pitches. I'm also not sure why Villar was bunting there, that hasn't been his strategy all season...why switch in September? And then all this tinkering with the lineup, and why in the world has Thames been sitting so much? Is he injured and I'm completely unaware of it? Thames was career 2 for 2 with 2 hr against the starter last night, why in the world would you bench him unless he's injured. I hope he's taking notes of the decisions he's making...as a young manager he should be learning from some of these mistakes.


Yeah lately the lineups have kind of reminded me of the old Ken Macha throw darts at a dartboard blind way of deciding a lineup. It can't really be anything analytical when you put Hernan Perez at the leadoff spot.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#14

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:11 AM Post
Posts: 601
Garza got himself out of that one. So far so good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#15

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:13 AM Post
Posts: 9989
I just can't with Counsell right now. Between Perez leading off and benching the one guy who actually murders Reds pitching for basically the series, I just can't.

Hopefully we get lucky today. Good job Garza working out of the jam.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#16

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:13 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5665
rcc said:
Garza got himself out of that one. So far so good.


Yeah it'd be nice to get two more innings from him and call it a day.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#17

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:19 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 594
Location: La Crosse
Brew4U said:
rcc said:
Garza got himself out of that one. So far so good.


Yeah it'd be nice to get two more innings from him and call it a day.

I would imagine Garza has the shortest leash possible. I'm on the 4 inning bandwagon.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#18

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:24 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 905
OnaBadger58 said:
Brew4U said:
rcc said:
Garza got himself out of that one. So far so good.


Yeah it'd be nice to get two more innings from him and call it a day.

I would imagine Garza has the shortest leash possible. I'm on the 4 inning bandwagon.

Three or less works for me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#19

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:25 AM Post
Posts: 44
The big shifts have not worked at all this series


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
#20

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:31 AM Post
Posts: 601
Now the ball is deflected and Garza is in trouble again. CC had better get ready to get him out of there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test