LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers score first, but lose, 7-1]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-06: Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:51 AM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
I'll save the Garza apologists the trouble:

- Nothing hit hard
- Defense didn't help
- Other than a couple mistakes was solid

Give it a rest. This crap is so annoying and just ruins game threads. Doesn't do anyone any good.

Neither does your reply, though I figured one like that was coming soon. Last week you were all 'game threads are reactionary' and now you're on one of your 'time for me to police what other people post in the game threads' crusades again.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:53 AM Post
Melting down late in the season, even in one where they weren't expected to make the playoffs, is a Brewer tradition. It is so frustrating to take 2 of 3 from the Rockies and Dodgers and 3 of 4 from the Nationals, then to get swept by the Reds. Anything short of a sweep of the Cubs and this season is likely going to end without the Brewers in the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:53 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

Yup. His rotation manipulation was a signal to the team that this series didn't mean anything. It's subtle messages like that destroy a team's momentum.

Please explain.

Craig is trying to derail the season obviously.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:55 AM Post
Down 5-1... this would be the perfect time to use our mop-up man Garza... oh wait...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:56 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
I'll save the Garza apologists the trouble:

- Nothing hit hard
- Defense didn't help
- Other than a couple mistakes was solid

Give it a rest. This crap is so annoying and just ruins game threads. Doesn't do anyone any good.

Neither does your reply, though I figured one like that was coming soon. Last week you were all 'game threads are reactionary' and now you're on one of your 'time for me to police what other people post in the game threads' crusades again.

Man, you are tiring. You simply didn't need to post what you did. It doesn't do anything but rub posters the wrong way and derail a game thread. Learn. Evolve. Grow up.

I'll go even further. Posting Garza sucks is a lot different than trying to rub in his suckiness to posters who feel he has value. There's being reactionary in the game thread and then there's doing what you're doing. Hoping you see the difference because I'm not sure how else to lay it out.

Last edited by Brew4U on September 06, 2017, 12:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:00 PM Post
Where has Guerra been? Could've swore he was called up.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:03 PM Post
TH tweet

Last six starts for Matt Garza: 24 IP, 37 H, 27 ER, 18 BB, 17 Ks, 10.13 ERA.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:04 PM Post
@Brew4U:

I get your perspective but I think you need to understand the frustration some of us feel in the game thread. Game threads are typically reactionary and are prone to huge emotional swings. I am very much invested in this Brewer team and to see them stink as bad as they have in this series only leads to significant frustration and wild emotions. I love this team but am so angry with them the past three days I wonder why I invest so much in them and begin to hate everything Brewers. What happens next? I am back watching and hopeful the very next day.

I guess the point is we all love the Brewers and seeing them blow a shot at the playoffs is exceptionally frustrating but we all handle it differently.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:13 PM Post
Didn't like trying to tempt fate with Garza as soon as they planned. Do what you can to get the W under your belt before going to Chicago. Woodruff has been really good, no reason to fear him in a big game like that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:18 PM Post
This series is the Brewers franchise in a nutshell.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:30 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
@Brew4U:

I get your perspective but I think you need to understand the frustration some of us feel in the game thread. Game threads are typically reactionary and are prone to huge emotional swings. I am very much invested in this Brewer team and to see them stink as bad as they have in this series only leads to significant frustration and wild emotions. I love this team but am so angry with them the past three days I wonder why I invest so much in them and begin to hate everything Brewers. What happens next? I am back watching and hopeful the very next day.

I guess the point is we all love the Brewers and seeing them blow a shot at the playoffs is exceptionally frustrating but we all handle it differently.

I completely get it. I'm one of the worst at times. But it would be great if we had some people on these boards be leaders (and I'm not calling out the mods, just people in general) and not let this stuff keep rearing it's ugly head. Like I tried to put earlier was that had Adam just said Garza sucks, yada yada yada... none story. But how he wrote his post (and I've done it too) just creates bickering and dislike for one another. It just doesn't need to happen. These forums are awesome but we can actually make them better if we so choose to.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:35 PM Post
Trying to find some positives from this recent skid, Jeffress has looked better and better with pretty much each outing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:37 PM Post
Jeffress has definitely been a positive today and since he returned. I think he needs to stay a Brewer. He hasn't done well anywhere else and he is needed right here for the bullpen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:39 PM Post
Brew4U said:
@Brew4U:

I completely get it. I'm one of the worst at times. But it would be great if we had some people on these boards be leaders (and I'm not calling out the mods, just people in general) and not let this stuff keep rearing it's ugly head. Like I tried to put earlier was that had Adam just said Garza sucks, yada yada yada... none story. But how he wrote his post (and I've done it too) just creates bickering and dislike for one another. It just doesn't need to happen. These forums are awesome but we can actually make them better if we so choose to.

Definitely agree with you there. Just not wanting to take all of our frustrations on this horrible series out on each other and create animosity. I am beyond angry with this team and had every intention of coming on here and ripping everything but thought what good would that do. So frustrated but not looking to pick a fight with a fellow poster.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:45 PM Post
Brew4U said:
@Brew4U:

You could start by not being condescending and telling me to grow up, when all I was doing is clearly expressing an opinion in a certain way that the excuses for Garza get tiresome. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's not valid. I don't know why it's up to you to decide whether saying 'Garza sucks' or what I did is the correct way to express it.

And I know I've been guilty of being condescending too and I know I need to try to work on that here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:48 PM Post

Roster Guru
Brew4U said:
Where has Guerra been? Could've swore [sic] he was called up.

guerra spoiled the shutout sunday by surrendering a two run homer in the victory against the nationals.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:48 PM Post
Why is one of our best relievers being used in mop up duty when we have all this extra relievers? Just...why?? Counsell has just baffled me this series with his decision making.

It's not like Hader has been needing extra work lately.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:51 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Why is one of our best relievers being used in mop up duty when we have all this extra relievers? Just...why?? Counsell has just baffled me this series with his decision making.

I can only presume that Counsell, unlike myself, still thinks we have a chance to come back and win the game. Even with that in mind, I don't think Hader would be in there without an off day tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:53 PM Post
adambr2 said:

I mean, he's thrown 2 innings in the past 10 days, and given up 2 game-losing HRs. Maybe it's an attempt to get him some confidence.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 06, 2017, 12:53 PM Post
adambr2 said:

I know, yesterday we concede down by 1 and throw Barnes/Wang/Torres out there. Today, down by 5, we decided to go for it using better pitchers.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply